No announcement yet.

Rescuing Ruby, Extensive Quarter Panel Rust Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is getting there my friend! I can't believe the dedication you have for her. So many people i know in RL would have tossed her to the scrappers. Gives me so much motivation.
    Keep up with the good work!

Comment

Ruby was delivered Monday for her much anticipated makeover to Frank's CarStar in Fairfield, Ohio. Stopped by this afternoon:

Also picked up my wheels from RimWorks in Dayton, Ohio. Blasted, powder coat color, remachined face, clear powder coat.

I have to decide on a set of tires.
      Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-02-2017, 10:10 PM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Nasty wheels.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

This is awesome! I'm so excited to see this thing painted with those wheels on. Those wheels are beautiful.

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
          "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
            This is awesome! I'm so excited to see this thing painted with those wheels on. Those wheels are beautiful.
            They should be, having them redone isn't cheap, but it just wouldn't look right with fresh paint and peeling, scratched wheels. Probably need a new set of center caps as well. I'll have to stand over the tire monkey to keep him from tearing them up and pounding wheel weights on the outside.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

nice choice on the wheels. Most honda guys would just paint them.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Checked on Ruby today. All the areas they stripped and repaired dings, dents, and C pillar weld joints have been primed.

Stopped by again 10/23/2012:

Checked today, most of the blocking is finished. Looks like early next week for paint.
                Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-02-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Awesome I can not wait until ruby is back on the road again! Do you mind me asking what they are charging you for all of this?

I know you did alot of the work yourself.

Comment

Taking a little longer, but it has been 2 years in the making, so a few more days doesn't matter (anticipation is killing me!). Paint goes on tomorrow.

.................................................. .....................Hood and trunk lid under the plastic.

Bumpers (rear is at back center of photo)

Quote was $2300, but don't tell anyone. That includes all the stripping, dent and ding repair, redoing the crease on the passenger side quarter, finishing the welded seams at the C pillar and rocker panels, factory base / clear paint. When I originally showed them the car, the owner indicated someone else had brought him a cb7 with less rust than mine and he quoted him $7500 to do ALL the work to replace the quarters and repaint the car. If I had done all the finish body work and primed it, they would have painted it for about $1000.
                    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-02-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Wow man so essentially you did almost 5k worth of work on your own since they are only charging you a little under 2.5k?

I can not wait until she is done!

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                        Wow man so essentially you did almost 5k worth of work on your own since they are only charging you a little under 2.5k?

I can not wait until she is done!
                        I'm not sure if his $7500 would have included new bumper covers, new door rub strips, etc., but it may have included complete quarter skins from Honda (>$500 per side), not just patch panels. Parts should arrive from Majestic tomorrow, delayed a day by Sandy.

I put a set of 195-65/15 Yokohama AVID Ascends on the wheels.
                        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-01-2012, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                          I'm not sure if his $7500 would have included new bumper covers, new door rub strips, etc., but it may have included complete quarter skins from Honda (>$500 per side), not just patch panels. Parts should arrive from Majestic tomorrow, delayed a day by Sandy.

I put a set of 195-65/15 Yokohama AVID Ascends on the wheels.
                          Speaking of Sandy how did you make out over there in Ohio?
                          Wow 500 a piece for the panels?

Comment

Honda price for rear quarters (now listed as discontinued on Majestic's site) is $812 for the right side, $718 for the left side.

Cincinnati area just got light rain and wind.

Body painted! Hood, trunk, and bumper covers in the booth! Sorry, cell phone photos.

Should be able to get it tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning. I can pick up my shipment from Majestic tomorrow so I can start reassembly over the weekend.
                            Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-02-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                              Honda price for rear quarters (now listed as discontinued on Majestic's site) is $812 for the right side, $718 for the left side.

Cincinnati area just got light rain and wind.

Body painted! Hood, trunk, and bumper covers in the booth! Sorry, cell phone photos.
                              It loooks beaauuutiful! Awesome!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Very beautiful.

MrK, thanks for the part. Really appreciate your help there.
                                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X