I am bowing out of racing CB7s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Really? Maybe it's time to get my car on the track! I'll have to see if there are Honda Challenge races held at the new New Jersey Motorsports Park that was just built. I have yet to get out there...

I've heard lots of stories about cars that run illegal mods that are difficult to prove. A mild camshaft upgrade that doesn't affect idle can give 5-10hp. Mild headwork for another few horsepower. Decking the block or milling the head for more compression (though this will change valve timing, and an adjustable gear is noticeable)
    Illegal, yes... but many people do such things that are very difficult to prove. Not suggesting that you, or anyone else, should do it... but it has been done by others, and will continue to be done. We had a dirt track racer on here that was always venting about VWs on the track that clearly had cam upgrades.
    Well, if you're not cheating you're not winning.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Retiring your daily driver from racing is a good choice. I've had to let my friends borrow my cars so many times because they broke their daily drivers on the track.

When you put the CB back to stock with new parts you'll appreciate how nice the car was in 93, but the car will be super high off the ground and very comfy.

This is how my car looked when I turned it back to stock with new shocks and oem springs.

Comment

Star Specs truely are a wonderful tire.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
        I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
          RSX? For one, throwing a turbo anything puts you in a much higher class, and 2.

I AM NOT BUYING A NEW CAR. SOMEONE IS LETTING ME DRIVE THEIR CAR. THE ONLY CAR I OWN AND DRIVE DAILY IS THE CB7. I AM NOT BUYING A NEW CAR.

I AM NOT BUYING A NEW CAR

I AM NOT BUYING A NEW CAR.
          REX = Crx.

I never said you were buying a new car nor did I say to buy a rex haha. I said you should get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
            I never said you were buying a new car nor did I say to buy a rex haha. I said you should get one.
            So, he should "get" a CRX without buying one? Isn't that considered stealing?

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
              So, he should "get" a CRX without buying one? Isn't that considered stealing?
              Nah, they could unknowingly donate it.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

are you selling your current suspension?

glad you're still racing cause if you weren't that'd just be super sad
                ____

Comment

Are you ever going to pick up another car of your own to race, Gary? What would be your choice if you did?

Comment

Gary, your a smarter man than me. Its great that you have an opportunity to have a stock daily driver and another car to race with, especially the latter. If I find some time to get to another autox you can give another cb a try.

deev pm me your mod list and Ill tell you where you can race in honda challenge, I run h2 with the h22 and the car is fast.
                    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                    newer race video,older race videos
                    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Are you ever going to pick up another car of your own to race, Gary? What would be your choice if you did?
                      Eventually I will.
                      My choices for autocross for "cheap" fun would be 89 CRX Si, or Civic Si. 1992-96 Miata.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

So you're buying a new car

Awesome!!!

Go fuck yourself George.
                        Last edited by The G-Man; 11-02-2009, 11:14 PM.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

^wow George you sure are mean to yourself...
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                            Eventually I will.
                            My choices for autocross for "cheap" fun would be 89 CRX Si, or Civic Si. 1992-96 Miata.
                            Miata would be my choice... I think I'll be getting one somewhere down the line. Cheap, great aftermarket support, and proven to do quite well.

Comment

my choice for autocross is a cb.. lol plan on getting another one for it... lol i just want to do it to have fun and i want to build an awesome cb but want my coupe to stay mostly stock
                              Blake.
                              1994 Accord Part out!
                              Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

The CB is an awesome street car. It's not fantastic at anything, but it's very good at just about everything. When you look at luxury, economy, reliability, performance, cost of ownership, resale value, appearance (opinion there, obviously...), aftermarket support...
                                It's not spectacular in any of these categories... but it has a nice mix of all of them. Of course, trying to push a CB beyond those limitations, you can only go so far before it becomes difficult.

Comment

Working...
                                X