Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Am I using the correct axles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I using the correct axles?

So I have the f22a1 block with a p2u5 transmission out of the 94-95 accord. I am not sure which car the halfshaft is from. Well the fitment is perfect. However I keep blowing out axles.

"Slight popping and such when turning". And power distribution to my wheels fluctuate. Sometimes the driverside has all the power sometimes its the passenger side. And when on jackstands the opposite tire does not rotate in the opposite direction.

I checked online and there is a difference between the compressed length. the axles used for the 94-97 are slightly longer when fully compressed by about 3/4 inch. That is the only difference.

What I am asking is would that be my issue Would it even hurt the car to try to run them? Just want to find out before I go spend more money on brand new axles.

To my knowledge, you should always use CB7 axles for any transmission you use. If they're giving you problems, the transmission is probably mounted incorrectly. I believe the CD transmission (what you have) may need to have a new hole tapped to be mounted properly (like the H22A transmission does.)
    I may be wrong, though. It's been so long since I've thought about this that my brain is a bit dusty. Hopefully someone else can either prove me wrong, or clarify.

Comment

No you are correct on that. I do have to drill and tap the 2 other holes to mount it. Which atm it is not connected. I didnt have time to do it last time i did my clutch. So not having it mounted right now could be causing the problem? that does make sense. I will look into doing that soon then. What about the odd power distribution between wheels? And thank you for the help.

Comment

Not having it mounted would definitely cause a problem. It's probably also putting significant stress on your other mounts, since the transmission mount basically functions as a load-bearing engine mount. You shouldn't be driving without the transmission securely mounted.

Odd power distribution is likely due to the open differential. Open differentials basically send power to the wheel with the least resistance. You'll never have even power distribution with an open diff.

Comment

I did replace a mount already because of the trans mount not being hooked up. But also when i rotate one wheel the other should rotate in the opposite direction right? Well it use too. Now it just seems like one wheel at a time operates when i rotate them manually. Thank you for the help. I do appreciate it. Going to tap those stud points as soon as possible now. Have to head to work now. Will post with pictures or even a vid of the drilling and tapping process. Once again, thank you

Comment

Your brakes may be dragging enough to prevent the opposite wheel from turning.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
            X