CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 11-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #121
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy is cool... so far.
I never understood this business model. I've been using Imgur but I'll bet they will go down too. If someone could make a service I could load my photos to as easily as Imgur I'd pay. The death of Imagestation was DEVASTATING, I'm still reeling from the loss of all those photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
gloryaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #122
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryaccordy View Post
I never understood this business model. I've been using Imgur but I'll bet they will go down too. If someone could make a service I could load my photos to as easily as Imgur I'd pay. The death of Imagestation was DEVASTATING, I'm still reeling from the loss of all those photos.
Good point and a deterrent for others too. Who wants to upload years of photos just to have them go down again. Personally I think sites (like this one) should host images. Make it a Gold membership required thing where folks pay $20 a year etc. and enforce rules where images must be below a size limit. Serious members will bite, but they'll only pay so much.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #123
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy is cool... so far.
Forums go down too

Best bet is to probably buy your own domain and load photos to/from it, and back them up offline. Thankfully Photobucket gives you the option to download all your photos. They are definitely circling the drain.

I suppose another option is to go with a host backed by a legit company. Flickr is backed by Yahoo, Google Photos is backed by Google. Those probably aren't going anywhere and are very easy to sync with. But if ALL a company does is host photos.... tread lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
gloryaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #124
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Yea I need to download all my PB pictures.

I cant believe they went to a subscription service.

I actually started using Flickr to host images for my 2013 EX MRT, because I could not stand PB layout and unresponsiveness any longer.

I had deleted my Flickr years ago but when they started offering 1TB free, and I started my Photography business, I figured having a place to store 1 TB of photos in an emergency would be good to have.

I have about 300 pictures on there currently. On PB, I have 1600 pictures.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #125
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
I just realized that my DIY for the S2k antenna and the write up for how to use photoshop are hosted on PB.

Deev, if I remember, and get a minute, ill transfer all those images to my flickr for you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: