Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
    And I bought the wrong Talon grips... Stupid me. I bought Talon Grips for a Glock 19.
    Take a look at my fancy grips aka two layers of bicycle inne tube .
    I think i had read you wanted a Tokarev, i had a chance to purchase one for $75 and passed on it; i now regret it very very much. We should get PPS 43 carbines
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
      Take a look at my fancy grips aka two layers of bicycle inne tube .
      I think i had read you wanted a Tokarev, i had a chance to purchase one for $75 and passed on it; i now regret it very very much. We should get PPS 43 carbines
      Hey man, whatever works!

Yeah, that's correct. Still not actually looking but "looking". If I ran across a decent one I'd probably buy it. For $75 I would sure pick one up. That's a steal!

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        Hey man, whatever works!

Yeah, that's correct. Still not actually looking but "looking". If I ran across a decent one I'd probably buy it. For $75 I would sure pick one up. That's a steal!
        Find a FFL dealer to do transfers for you and if i find anything i will let you know, i run accross interesting things every now and then.
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
          Find a FFL dealer to do transfers for you and if i find anything i will let you know, i run accross interesting things every now and then.
          Wow man, thank you. Yeah, I've got someone with an FFL. That's awesome man.

Comment

Why not stipple the Glock? The Talons on my Shield actually moved around and started coming off when fired a lot. I took that crap off and put skateboard grip tape on it.

Comment

Had to look into it...

That's wild. And seems effective.

Comment

Yeah man, it's been a Glock thing forever. Especially when the 26 came out. Companies will offer it as a service, and come out looking quality if you're not willing to spend 5 hours poking your frame with a wood burner.

Look into Apex triggers too.
                Last edited by F22Chris; 08-13-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Just curious on the Talon Grips. Did you do number 5? That seems to be the trick from what I read. If it moves I'll buy another. I love the way it feels with the Talon Grip.

MUST DO: When the TALON Grip is properly aligned heat it with a hair dryer or heat gun to the
                  temperature of a warm cup of coffee and press FIRMLY into place. DO NOT HEAT OVER 130
                  DEGREES FAHRENHEIT. Repeat “Step 5” several times conforming the TALON Grip to the gun’s
                  factory grip. Pay special attention to pressing all outside edges including the backstrap.

Comment

Maybe that's the key.. I didn't do it over and over. I just warmed it up with a heat gun and slapped it on.

Comment

I did it 4 times? Maybe that will help. Idk

But thanks for the forewarning. I'll keep an eye on it.

Shot the G42 yesterday. It works. I'm pleased with it.

Comment

I didn’t update this thread when I got it because people were a bit sensitive; with good reason. So here’s my EDC. Gen4 19 with polished bar and talon grips.

My wife’s Lc9s with talon grips as well.

We carry 157gr HST Federal. I figured I’d add that cause ammo is important too, right?

Comment

Nice.

Rubber Talon grips I see. I've got granulate.

Mine have stayed in place still yet after some range practice and being carried daily for several months. I was hoping they stayed in place. So far so good.

Comment

The 19 is my EDC. The finish is pretty goofy for EDC but it was the only Gen 3 I could find on sale. The EMP and the Bersa belong to the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Harriers Wake View Post
                              The 19 is my EDC. The finish is pretty goofy for EDC but it was the only Gen 3 I could find on sale. The EMP and the Bersa belong to the wife.

I like the Bersas a lot. I think they make some of the nicest and most reliable .380 compact handguns in the market.
                              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                                I like the Bersas a lot. I think they make some of the nicest and most reliable .380 compact handguns in the market.
                                So we have trouble getting the Bersa to go back into battery when racking the slide with the safety on. We have to help it at the end. I've cleaned it a bunch of times and if the safety is on or after de-cocking the slide won't completely return. Is this on purpose or is there a problem? thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X