No announcement yet.

F22Chris : 1991 GMC Sonoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran out of stick weights, but whatever! I love the way it came out. It’s such a drastic change. 100% better

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      Ran out of stick weights, but whatever! I love the way it came out. It’s such a drastic change. 100% better

That Sonoma is sick dude. I thought it was a cyclone.
      For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Thanks man. I like it a lot so far.

I went roadkill with a Mexican blanket on the seats, and zip tied it to the back so it won’t fall.

Things left to fix:
        -Power steering whine
        -Tail shaft bushing/seal & trans fluids
        -U-joints & differential fluid
        -That one bent pushrod
        -blend door
        -Rear brake hardware.

Swap stuff to do:
        -Aquire 5.7 SBC and mounts
        -Bellhousing for T5
        -Headers
        -Exhaust (H-pipe to Magnaflows to turn down)
        -Basic MSD ignition setup

Comment

Speaking of Syclones...I saw one coming out of the parking lot at work a few days ago. I instantly hopped on Autotrader to see how much they are going for today. Let's just say they are very valuable.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yeah, those things are modern classics. Still, these standard Sonomas have so much potential. And they look so good lowered.

I'm digging the wheels, by the way, Chris!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Thanks! It makes me smile that you guys like the truck too.

Yeah, those can go for a LOT. They’re AWD turbo mini trucks that put down more than the base model Vette at the time. The split was 35/65 too.

If I can get a reliable 300+ with a cam and bolt ons, I’ll be super content. I want AC though cause Houston is basically the Florida of Texas in terms of location.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                Thanks! It makes me smile that you guys like the truck too.

Yeah, those can go for a LOT. They’re AWD turbo mini trucks that put down more than the base model Vette at the time. The split was 35/65 too.

If I can get a reliable 300+ with a cam and bolt ons, I’ll be super content. I want AC though cause Houston is basically the Florida of Texas in terms of location.
                You already moved here? It aint as bad once you get used to it, i actually have no A/C on my truck for the past year. Are you going to do TBI or Carb?
                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Got rear brake parts, push rod, u-joints, and extension housing seal/bushing/trans fluid. Will have pictures tomorrow of the shiny new stuff.

Comment

I did the brake shoes and hardware. COMPLETELY forgot to take pictures. the car doesn’t have a front bias anymore. Best part - stops as it should without locking the front.

If you really want pics of drum brake r&r - google or YouTube it, and PM me if you get confused.

After pricing things out, im going with a cammed crate 350(with matching springs of course). I’ve been talking with Crankshaft, who is an awesome person btw, and I’m going to go with a V8 Camaro T5 with my s15 extension housing, on an SBC bell-housing. I’m thinking gasket matched Air Gap intake manifold with a 600 Holley.

That combo should net me over 300hp with a decent exhaust, and be plenty reliable WITH an engine warranty.

I’m still reading up on rear ends to use, and I won’t forget to take pictures next time I wrench.

Comment

In the meantime I’m making it more comfortable. Might fix the AC soon.. The compressor kicks on/off quickly which makes me think low gas. So IF - I’ll do a vacuum test and reseal/fill. I also have a random vacuum hose with a screw in it which I’m assuming is for the door actuator or something..

This is how my rear brakes were. Now it’s all new hardware, adjusters, and shoes. Notice the arm isn’t even touching the star wheel, and the cracked shoe. At least they put the shoes on the right way.

I got an Alpine 143BT single DIN and some 4x6” 3-way Pioneer dash speakers. The rear speakers are 4x10” so I need to figure out what I’m going to do for bass and mids. If anybody knows something that’ll fit without too much modification let me know!

This is after I organized it. Holy crap it was gross.

How is this easier than a simple butt connection? Ruined the OEM connection..

Have hands free & Bluetooth now

Sorry this is a bad picture. Got dark outside.

Comment

Sounds like it can move now. Has an awesome rumble, kinda like a Subaru.

And a new push rod. Old one was a little bent

Comment

Man, I love this truck!

That push rod kinda looks like he gave up on life, hah.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Alternator went. It started putting out 9v.
                            New battery & alternator.
                            Subs in.

Comment

Man, that drop transformed the look of your truck. The wheels came out nice, but they just don't look right. They seem more of a classy sedan look, whereas when I see a lowered truck I think muscle car rims look good. Just my Blazer-bias
                              My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                              Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                              Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Damnit! Radiator filler neck cracked.
                                Last edited by F22Chris; 12-06-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X