CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 07-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #21
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
Just logged in and noticed that I have 1,545 images linked to PB.....that's a lot of broken links now.

Looks like I'll be relying on FB and Youtube from now on. Sucks for anyone looking at my past DIY threads on this and other forums. I'm not fixing 1,545 links and I'm not paying them $400/year. If these images made me money then I could see spending money to make money.

by Chappy, on Flickr
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:17 PM   #22
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
FB image links are temporary. The links break after a few weeks (if you look through my "what's your most recent purchase" posts, you'll see a bunch of them, since most are from Facebook.)

I'm weighing some options open to me, including one fairly ambitious (but seemingly solid) way of doing things on the advice of another CB7tuner member. Regardless, we're going to have to do some pretty major work over the coming weeks to get things even close to being back to normal. I'll likely be looking for volunteers at that point.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:25 PM   #23
Jon
Contributing Member

Jon is very helpful Jon is very helpful
If it wasn't for the fact that I am paying PB to host my sh*t for ebay, I would have dumped them years ago.

postimage.io works well. Really haven't had any issues with them at all actually. You can have your image expire (or not), resized (or not). Create an account (or not).

Just read over their TOS to make sure you're okay with them.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #24
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
Just logged in and noticed that I have 1,545 images linked to PB.....that's a lot of broken links now.

Looks like I'll be relying on FB and Youtube from now on. Sucks for anyone looking at my past DIY threads on this and other forums. I'm not fixing 1,545 links and I'm not paying them $400/year. If these images made me money then I could see spending money to make money.
Were you using albums for these photos or just dumped into one folder on PB?
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #25
bassrock234
CB7tuner Member

bassrock234 is cool... so far.
I have around 3k+ photos in my photobucket. I've been using it for a long long time now. Those of you who also have been using it a while should check out your account storage. I'm pretty sure I got a free upgrade a while ago. Their free account is 2gig storage I believe and that's the one that doesn't allow hosting. My account is 10gigs and I don't pay anything for it. All the photos I've posted from PB are also still visible as far as I'm aware.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.
bassrock234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:53 PM   #26
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
Yeah well there is no 10Gb plan listed now. And I am only using 7% of 2Gb... I have absolutely no need of a 500Gb plan and pay $39.99/month just for 3rd party links. I'm out, it's been a pain in the ass to load and navigate for the past 5 years anyway. Good riddance to old rubbish! Feel sorry for anyone paying for the 50 and 100 plans thinking that they are safe. They don't allow 3rd party links ether. it's only a matter of time before they block you as well.

by Chappy, on Flickr
Old 07-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #27
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
I'm just mad that this is wreaking havoc on car forums everywhere. Bye bye tutorial pictures.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #28
cp[mike]
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

cp[mike] is very helpful cp[mike] is very helpful cp[mike] is very helpful
I'm trying to put together a program that scans the cb7tuner database for photobucket links, then goes out and downloads any images referenced, so that we can collect them all into one spot. With how quiet cb7tuner is at this point we should look into providing our own private image hosting so that it stays tied with the forum...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
- 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
- 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
- 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
Current cars:
- 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe
- 1999 CR-V EX - Daily driver
- 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion
cp[mike] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #29
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

The Ridgeline owners club forum has a couple different memberships that allows for files to be uploaded. I like the idea, I only had to pay $40 for lifetime membership with 500 images. That is more than enough for one forum. Heck I only had 1545 images on PB that have been shared over the last 12 years on 10 different forums. I'd say more than 2/3 of those broken link images will go unnoticed. 4 of the forums are no longer active.

by Chappy, on Flickr
Old 07-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #30
Mike1357
CB7tuner Member

Mike1357 is cool... so far.
Flickr has 1tb for free. I've been using them ever since imageshack did the same thing photobucket is doing now. It does suck that now all these forums will have broken links. I still have to go back through and re-host most of the pictures from my mrt.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #31
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Wow, I forgot about ImageShack. I used to use them before PhotoBucket, too. But like a few of us are worried about, that puts Flickr (and any free image hosting site) at future risk as well. I'll be double-checking that all of my Flickr images are backed up on a HDD soon, for sure.

I'm looking around for reasoning behind the PB change, and someone commented on an article, saying

Quote:
They did send an email on the same day but it went to junk. "You account has been restricted for excessive usage and 3rd(sic) party hosting."

Well, I can tell you for sure I am not an excessive user.
I can't find anything about third party hosting at Flickr so far, but I'm looking (with them being tied to Yahoo, I'm having trouble finding TOS specifically for the part of Flickr revolving around the free hosting). These image hosting sites can't be cheap to run, so it is understandable that they have to make money somehow. I'm not a techy person, but I would think people using these hosting sites to post millions of photos on other websites can only be doing damage to their bandwidth.

From Imgur's TOS:

http://imgur.com/tos

Quote:
Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.
That's the best way to phrase things. What dicks!

Putting something together specifically for this forum is the only way to future-proof this issue.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-03-2017 at 05:38 PM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #32
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
We may have a solution in the works. There's some genius a-brewin'. With luck, it'll all work out.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #33
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Yes, [cp]mike's last post sounded very interesting!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #34
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Yup. that would be said genius at work I forgot he posted about it on here!

Old 07-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #35
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
Were you using albums for these photos or just dumped into one folder on PB?
I had individual albums.

by Chappy, on Flickr
Old 07-03-2017, 06:32 PM   #36
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

I have just switched everything over to Flickr. They allow 3rd party image links as long as you add their tag content to your images, liking people back to the Flickr website. I'm OK with that.

Now starts the process of changing any relevant links. Took me all of 5 minutes to find and upload 500 of my most current images to Flickr. I will update older threads if people message me looking for images. I have all of my web images stored on my own HD. I have never trusted any of these sites to save them for me.

by Chappy, on Flickr
Old 07-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #37
cb7 calling
CB7tuner Member

cb7 calling is cool... so far.
So I have about 5-10 images on pb. They have not messed my "system" up yet. Should I go delete my images before the sue me for hot linking? Or am I sooooo far down the list they haven't gotten to me yet?

Last edited by cb7 calling; 07-03-2017 at 08:44 PM.
cb7 calling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #38
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

lol 5-10 images.... I think you'll be ok. They aren't suing anyone anyway.

by Chappy, on Flickr
Old 07-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #39
cb7 calling
CB7tuner Member

cb7 calling is cool... so far.
I know right. I opened it to post a few photos here and that's it. I just read the article ther sites fine print a few post ago and was like daaaaaang.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #40
cp[mike]
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

cp[mike] is very helpful cp[mike] is very helpful cp[mike] is very helpful
obligatory XKCD:

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
- 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
- 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
- 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
Current cars:
- 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe
- 1999 CR-V EX - Daily driver
- 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Last edited by cp[mike]; 07-05-2017 at 12:06 PM.
cp[mike] is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: