CB brochures and other print media...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump from the dead!

Still working on getting these microfiche scanned.
    If anyone knows a reputable company (or individual) who has the abilities to scan COM microfiche, either for free or a reasonable cost... PM me!
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
      What a beautiful image. I'd like to see some photoshopped members cars in there.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Bump from the dead!

Still working on getting these microfiche scanned.
        If anyone knows a reputable company (or individual) who has the abilities to scan COM microfiche, either for free or a reasonable cost... PM me!
        I actually just ordered a parts book microfiche for the RSX, and found this local company in a quick search:

Mountain States Imaging
        https://www.msimaging.com/conversion...iche-scanning/

I'll see what they can do for mine, and let you know how it goes if you don't get yours taken care of by then.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-30-2017, 12:48 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

^ That would be awesome! I have about 50-60 COM sheets I would like to get scanned and put on DVD.

Comment

Just scored a two-sheet OEM parts catalog microfiche for 91-93 wagons as well!

Let's hope it's salvageable. You got these in your collection, Jon?

Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-01-2017, 04:35 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

^I have a never version, so combined we should have any part number or any other changes that they made between Aug 92 and Sept 99.

These are the ones I have for the CB chassis. About a dozen packs with 3-5 sheets per pack. One place quoted $50 to scan four sheets... that would be ħ$750!!

Anyways, here are some crappy pics...

Comment

eBay seller ponchojoe, whom I got my RSX sheets from, has a couple CB Accord fiche groups listed ('90-'92 sedan and '91 wagon). He uses the same single, out-of-focus photo for all of his microfiche sales regardless of make or model, but his communication has been great and he shipped out almost immediately, so he seems like he wouldn't mind getting specific photos if they were asked for.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Other-Car-M...&MModel=Accord

We definitely need to get all of this fiche scanned and posted asap to see what can be added.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-03-2017, 06:09 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I think that is whom I got some of these from originally.

I'll go ahead and nab them if you don't mind.

EDIT: Shot him an email and he sent me his list of ones he still has.
                  Last edited by Jon; 07-03-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

^I have a never version, so combined we should have any part number or any other changes that they made between Aug 92 and Sept 99.

These are the ones I have for the CB chassis. About a dozen packs with 3-5 sheets per pack. One place quoted $50 to scan four sheets... that would be ħ$750!!

Anyways, here are some crappy pics...

OMG!!!!!! The MOTHER LOAD!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

I'll go ahead and nab them if you don't mind.
                      As long as I can at least get a digital copy of the scans. Honestly, I'm surprised these things are going for so cheap. Nobody but a collector is going to care to buy them, and enthusiastic collectors tend to be willing to pay up.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

this is so cool!!!

I would imagine we could track down a microfiche reader in a library? I know they have them, and I would imagine the newer readers might have a way of saving the images to disk. For example the Denver public library states that they have "1 microfiche and microfilm reader with email, USB and printing capacity" for use by patrons.

I think the most work would be manually sifting through and catalogging them all!
                        Last edited by cp[mike]; 07-05-2017, 08:22 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I will provide full digital copies/scans no problem if I pick any of those up that you want. After all that is what I want this thread to be, a library for all this good stuff.

Mike,
                          Exactly. I can get a reader and view them, just can't digitize them.
                          I've tried a few high res scanners over the years it's a no-go with these.

I have some time tonight to go through and contact a few of these companies and see what can be done.

Comment

Hey guys. Anyone trying to view the documents on the first page needs to make a gmail account in order to download them or even view them. Unless I am doing it wrong? I click on the image and it brings me to googles login page.

Just thought I would throw that out there for other members trying to access it.

Comment

Let me check it out and see what I can do.

EDIT: Yep, you need to log into a Google account to access it. Not sure if I can change the settings on my end so you don't have to have a Google account or not.
                              Last edited by Jon; 07-06-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

CyborgGT, any luck with the MSI company on a quote?

Comment

Working...
                                X