No announcement yet.

G23/g22 vtec swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes its been done quite a few times on here(head swap) I'm not sure the problem with using the h22 pistons on h22 rods. Haven't heard of anyone doing it either, might the reason why lol. Alot of people using the G setup use f23 bottom ends and k20 pistons, theres a article I think it was in honda-tech and that seup outperformed the k24 on the dyno. You may be able to use that setup on a h23 setup as well. I don't think they were using stock rods, but don't quote me been a while since I saw the article
    Previous cb7members ride thread
    86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

Sorry haven't gotten those pics up yet, things been hectic still, and haven't had access to a digital camera. But I did pick up another lon block to put together another g22 vtec setup for my cb7, haven't decided if i'm gonna drop it in boosted or start off n/a, I have ALOT of things to fix on this new car but pics will be coming soon

Comment

my reason for askin is that ill be picking up a h23 for free catch is the block is gone. but the head is still good maybe...and i have atleast 3 f22 blocks just chillin here at the house..
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
          my reason for askin is that ill be picking up a h23 for free catch is the block is gone. but the head is still good maybe...and i have atleast 3 f22 blocks just chillin here at the house..
          well if you need one, let me know I may sell mine from my old cb7, PnP and web cams, I need to inspect the valve make sure theres no damage or any bent, its been sitting for a while I can't remember if it was 100% or not

Comment

wow been a while since I've updated or been on my thread, just bought a house have a baby on the way, and acura is trying to get me back, so things been hectic as hell. But once things settle alittle more, I'll start putting my new g22vtec setup together and get some pics up for more reference

Comment

Snapped a shot of the head real quick after I cut my grass of the 2 oil returns that need to be blocked off. You can see mine are welded. Don't worry about cylinder number 2, I know what the problem was.

Comment

Which lines were welded? I having a hard time telling...

also, as far as stock for stock, the compression should be the same as the H23 block if thats what is used correct? and is the H23 block iron sleeved like the F block or FRM like the H22?

I am looking at a good H23 block complete and i am wanting to take this on.
                Trying to expand my knowledge.

Very good write up BTW. easy to read and understand. Well laid out as far as what's needed.

Comment

its the two end oil returns. The h23 has frm sleeves, I'm pretty sure the head swap bumps up the compression. remember even just milling a stock head raises compression slightly because your making the combustion chamber smaller. So if you wanted to run forged internals in the h23 your goning to be looking at sleeves, but i think there is something people were using, can't think of the name, it was a different sleeve or machine work so you can run forged internals if thats what your leaning towards.
                  And thanks for the comp. on the thread, Yea it will be redone and organized asap, just been SOOO busy with the new house and me and my girl have a baby on the way as well, so just been been trying to get prepared ya know

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247 View Post
                    its the two end oil returns. The h23 has frm sleeves, I'm pretty sure the head swap bumps up the compression. remember even just milling a stock head raises compression slightly because your making the combustion chamber smaller. So if you wanted to run forged internals in the h23 your goning to be looking at sleeves, but i think there is something people were using, can't think of the name, it was a different sleeve or machine work so you can run forged internals if thats what your leaning towards.
                    And thanks for the comp. on the thread, Yea it will be redone and organized asap, just been SOOO busy with the new house and me and my girl have a baby on the way as well, so just been been trying to get prepared ya know
                    Sweet. Thanks a ton. Im looking at an H23 Block with no pistons for $75 right now. i just ran the calculator for compression with H22 Pistons and rods and an H22 head and it came up with 11.77:1.

Im thinking with something like that and a built head will give me some good numbers. And i know Mahle Pistons can be run on FRM sleeves.

Good luck with the baby too. I now how crazy everything can get. Im moving for the second time in 2 months. 300 miles each way.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                      Sweet. Thanks a ton. Im looking at an H23 Block with no pistons for $75 right now. i just ran the calculator for compression with H22 Pistons and rods and an H22 head and it came up with 11.77:1.

Im thinking with something like that and a built head will give me some good numbers. And i know Mahle Pistons can be run on FRM sleeves.

Good luck with the baby too. I now how crazy everything can get. Im moving for the second time in 2 months. 300 miles each way.
                      damn, I didn't know you were looking for a block, i have one I was gonna junk with my scrap metal cuz I'm cleaning up my garage. Its bear but i have the crank and everything for it. Old rods and pistons I junked though. But thanks i appreciate it, not sure what its going to be, got a feeling its going to be a girl though.
                      Yea man that sux I hate moving, but you should make good numbers with that setup, its outperformed a modded k24 on the dyno

Comment

damn, I didn't know you were looking for a block, i have one I was gonna junk with my scrap metal cuz I'm cleaning up my garage. Its bear but i have the crank and everything for it. Old rods and pistons I junked though. But thanks i appreciate it, not sure what its going to be, got a feeling its going to be a girl though.
                        Yea man that sux I hate moving, but you should make good numbers with that setup, its outperformed a modded k24 on the dyno
                        Sweet. If you run by any F23 rods let me know. I am going to use them to pull down the CR. the calculator i used is crap. the actual CR with the H22 rods and pistons would be 13:1+ so im looking to drop down to about 11.5:1~

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                          Sweet. If you run by any F23 rods let me know. I am going to use them to pull down the CR. the calculator i used is crap. the actual CR with the H22 rods and pistons would be 13:1+ so im looking to drop down to about 11.5:1~
                          You want stock rods? I have a complete f23 motor i used for my girls g setup, her cousin changed the oil and left the plug loose, thats why I pulled it. It wasn't making any noise or anything, and she shut it down, as soon as she saw the dummy light but i didn't want to take chances. It hasn't been torn down yet, I was going to sleeve it. Just chillin on my engine stand in the garage

Comment

You want stock rods? I have a complete f23 motor i used for my girls g setup, her cousin changed the oil and left the plug loose, thats why I pulled it. It wasn't making any noise or anything, and she shut it down, as soon as she saw the dummy light but i didn't want to take chances. It hasn't been torn down yet, I was going to sleeve it. Just chillin on my engine stand in the garage
                            well im not too sure i want to start throwing a lot of money into a motor setup right now. This will be my first actual engine build so im going to start slowly. i just found out the F23 rods have a different bore than the h23 crank. So they won't work unless it's an OBD 2 motor. Ill know more tonight.

Comment

lol mine is hahaha, too bad your not closer. But yea man just take your time, this is my 4th cb7, so i'm really taking my time with this one, not even getting lowered til I replace all the stock arms, and bushings, do all the body work etc etc. Its wierd as hell driving a stock honda

Comment

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2478560\
                                was reading through the article again, the head swap brings compression to 8.8:1. <<<this is a f23 block with h22 head. But i reccomend boost applications like myself , I really regret getting not putting this in my old eg hatch and doing an H to B setup before I got rid of it but O well, I needed a 4 door again anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X