No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I hit on the timing belt with a hand and timing cover full of balance shaft belt teeth I'll start there.

This picture speaks for itself. Pretty rough. Worst I've seen. I never inspected the belt when I bought the car. I thought I did but that was my 93 Lx a month prior. And I also took the P.O's word that he had done it recently. So believing him on top of it, it didn't help it come across my mind. Whoops! All good though.

There is more to this that you will have to see in my YT channel when the video is edited. Wait until you see the balance shaft belt.

20200226_205457 by jcarden405, on Flickr

A little behind the scenes while filming the timing belt and THE FIRST A/C video. The one I have 5 hours of footage filming where I replaced or removed literally every A/C component but two hard lines.

20200222_151240 by jcarden405, on Flickr

Three and a half days straight working non stop from 11am or 12am until anywhere between 10pm and 1am. This was the arsenal.

20200222_151202 by jcarden405, on Flickr
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-29-2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Next I think I did this project. The rear brakes. New everything but hoses.

Not much to mention. Stainless rotor screws. Brembo OE rotors and as I recall Wagner thermoquiet pads. I forgot who made the calipers and rails but it's in this MRT.

GOPR0509_1586648038199 by jcarden405, on Flickr

GOPR0491_1586648018627 by jcarden405, on Flickr
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-29-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

It finally got the rear bumper fixed. I bought The Skank or the 93 Ex for parts initially. Swapped many many things. Spent the last month doing it. The rear bumper and impact bar was one thing I swapped. I did a lot of work with the paint prior. It cleaned up nice. Not perfect. But way better. I did a mild refurb on the impact bar too.

Below is The Skank. This pic taken while prepping the rear bumper for Cheap Bastard (this MRT car),
        20200510_043901 by jcarden405, on Flickr

Cool picture. When everything was shut down. This is the MRT car of course. The 92. Skank = 93. Cheap Bastard = 92 (this car). They look so similar other than wheels and condition it can be hard to tell them apart in some pics.

2020-05-29_01-52-32 by jcarden405, on Flickr

First day out with the new rear bumper.

2020-05-29_01-52-11 by jcarden405, on Flickr

The hood's were swapped. Mcquires scratch X 2.0 and about an hour of elbow grease helped a lot.

I also used a small heat gun and removed the grille emblem from the "parts car". I use some clear plastic specific JB Weld brand 2 part epoxy to install it into the gold grille.

20200530_060808 by jcarden405, on Flickr
        Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-30-2020, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Another project (there were many) was evacuating the R12 that was leaking and replacing said line.

Everything that needed removed to uninstall the leaking line and get the replacement line in. Of course, it was one of the two hardlines I left and flushed in the car back in February.

20200522_115745 by jcarden405, on Flickr

I love ester with uv dye. Supercool synthetic ester with uv dye ftw. This was our line. Obviously.

20200522_120534 by jcarden405, on Flickr

Old out. New in.

20200522_124717 by jcarden405, on Flickr

Vacuum pulled down to -30hg with my Amazon cheapo special 1/4 horsepower 3.0 cfm pump. What I got. :
          https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SZ4QFW0..._kax0EbFMWNYC1
          Works great and I'm an HVAC guy in an industrial high rise building. It worked great for this small job.

Took 2 to 3 mins to achieve -30hg. Held -29.5hg after 25 mins so that was good enough. Pulled vacuum for 40 mins. Didn't need to probably but definitely boiled all water out.

20200522_133108 by jcarden405, on Flickr

Prior to pulling vacuum. But you get the gist of it. Second $130 28oz bottle of R12 refrigerant. Still have around 20oz.

IMG_20200522_172946_804 by jcarden405, on Flickr

And it's super cold now. 38*F discharge w/ 83*F ambient. Best A/C I've ever had.
          Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-29-2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Last one, at least for now. I had to save a good one for last.

In this thread I explained running the car without a radiator for several days. This should give the visual on that. No issues what so ever. Got to operating temperature 3x faster. But the fans and cold ambient air did the work as for heat transfer and it worked flawlessly.

Post in reference: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...0&postcount=92

I don't recommend if it's not needed. But in a pinch with optimal conditions... sure!

Polish_20200222_153450936 by jcarden405, on Flickr

Comment

I added 2oz of oil and 2oz more R12 and it's done. By my estimate it has just under 4.5oz of oil. It's hard to tell because it lost some oil. Probably 1/4-1/2oz.

The discharge temp has leveled out. After 10 minutes of city driving the discharge temp is 41-42*F with outside ambient anywhere from 65-80*F. At 85-95*F the discharge temp is between 43-45*F. I seen 46*F once last week. However it was 25 mins highway driving and I was in a hurry.

Just an hour ago the humidity was super high (Tropical storm Cristobal incoming) and the outside ambient temperature was 74*F. Discharge was 42*F. It was too cold on the lowest fan setting. I leave it on recirculating from cabin regularly.

Cristobal meaning Christ bearer btw. I had to look that up.

Very pleased. It's a really good running car. It's been fun working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                I added 2oz of oil and 2oz more R12 and it's done. By my estimate it has just under 4.5oz of oil. It's hard to tell because it lost some oil. Probably 1/4-1/2oz.

The discharge temp has leveled out. After 10 minutes of city driving the discharge temp is 41-42*F with outside ambient anywhere from 65-80*F. At 85-95*F the discharge temp is between 43-45*F. I seen 46*F once last week. However it was 25 mins highway driving and I was in a hurry.

Just an hour ago the humidity was super high (Tropical storm Cristobal incoming) and the outside ambient temperature was 74*F. Discharge was 42*F. It was too cold on the lowest fan setting. I leave it on recirculating from cabin regularly.

Cristobal meaning Christ bearer btw. I had to look that up.

Very pleased. It's a really good running car. It's been fun working on it.
                Gotta love a good running car!! Oh, and cold air conditioning!!!
                I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                My coupe!!!
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Agreed Daheavyking!

Comment

What a year. My YT is gone, I took it down along with everything else that has an account or any information in it. Nothing else pertains to here so I won’t comment much. But stolen identity basically. Nothing done with it but all of my sensitive data was stolen and apparently a lot of people had the same thing happen recently.
                    Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-19-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

You think it happened because of the YT channel? Like they grabbed your plate number or something like that and started digging?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                        You think it happened because of the YT channel? Like they grabbed your plate number or something like that and started digging?
                        It happened through my cellular carrier actually. Through the carrier’s application even. It’s not being talked about much yet except on Twitter and Tik Tok. It doesn’t seem to be in the spotlight yet. An alarming number of people experienced unintended operation. Either most weren’t compromised or don’t know.

I have a service through my carrier that also includes identity theft. Thankfully. My data was being downloaded remotely including my cloud. Since they gained access through my carrier they were able to install a partition in my phone and root my phone. Which I don’t even fully understand. Luckily I’m naturally paranoid and noticed it the night it started happening. I turned it off and didn’t keep it on me. Things just got weirder until I took it to the carrier on the 8th. Nearly a gig of retracted and fake security certificates. Multiple malicious apk’s in system folders. It was even using two known malicious ports to send the data. Worse yet, when I went home an app kicked on and got on my home WiFi. It got into my router, blink security camera systems, laptop and get this.... my GoPro Hero 6. Seriously. It was extremely malicious. However my cellular carrier set me up with the identity theft protection stuff which I had and didn’t know about. So I’m being taken care of there. New everything. New phones, looking like new laptops, ect. Wild experience. But for 2020, I can totally see it.

They had me delete every account I have that I had used since the first. VPN always and a firewall also now.

Comment

I did get the fog lights in a while back. Still have two harnesses left to install before they are working.

Comment

I read Edward Snowden's book "Permanent Record" and have been looking into online security ever since. I was already sort of aware of the vulnerabilities of the internet, and I'd already been paying in cash whenever possible, but after that book I got into more secure browsers. Primarily Brave; and I'm trying to transition fully to Tor, which is super encrypted and even blocks your IP address (I believe it changes your 'identity' three times before it takes you anywhere), but it's slower to load websites. Been wanting to switch to a flip phone even, because I hate smart phones anyway, but it's tough finding the right one because they're not supported as well these days when it comes to reception of the different frequencies. Got tiny pieces of electrical tape covering most of my cameras since I never use them anyway. It's a shady world out there, for sure.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                              I read Edward Snowden's book "Permanent Record" and have been looking into online security ever since. I was already sort of aware of the vulnerabilities of the internet, and I'd already been paying in cash whenever possible, but after that book I got into more secure browsers. Primarily Brave; and I'm trying to transition fully to Tor, which is super encrypted and even blocks your IP address (I believe it changes your 'identity' three times before it takes you anywhere), but it's slower to load websites. Been wanting to switch to a flip phone even, because I hate smart phones anyway, but it's tough finding the right one because they're not supported as well these days when it comes to reception of the different frequencies. Got tiny pieces of electrical tape covering most of my cameras since I never use them anyway. It's a shady world out there, for sure.

I also use Brave. For like a week now. I use it with Bing search engine. It’s not too bad.

I impulse bought the “best” vpn out right now. I have it in my new router and both IPhn 11’s. Which I’m not an IPhn guy but needed something. Lol

I’m actually very fluent with TOR. I use it with DuckDuckGo? I think search engine. I first started using TOR in 2013 I think to access blocked tv channels, news ect. Even listen to music that was blocked in the US.

I looked into a Pinephone. The Pine64 which runs on Linux. But that’s more of a developers or a builders phone so so I didn’t think I would have enough time for something like that.

They make “hack proof” phones. Small companies. But they are $1250-$2000 mostly. Lol Pretty crazy. I didn’t look into them much.

I might have to hit up Amz for that book. Sounds fun.

The funnest thing to learn was about ports and protocols. So interesting.

Speaking of frequency, I recently discovered through this ordeal that my tinnitus is about equivalent to 16,000hz. I didn’t attack the situation with nearly as much intellect as I did obsession.

Comment

Playing around.

Changed name and applied for several copyrights. Eventually when things pan out I’ll be a little more sure footed.

Car runs noticeably poor when cold. The hesitation down low. I didn’t notice it was this bad until this video. Clears up as temp rises. The car runs really really well. Mpg is 19-21ish city with A/c and my driving. I’m surprised to hear it stumble so much down low when cold.

It’s super loud. I never planned on this car being so loud. I think the cat came apart and the muffler did the same. No resonator.

Also, half the time when you let off it blubbers. I think the accelerator stays at a very specific point sometimes when you let off which makes it do that. I can also let off and basically leave my foot on the pedal without pressing it and it will do it. Just barely moving it. Which is what I did part of the time in the vid. Playing around killing time.

Truebendz 2.25 and vibrant StreetPower muffler with F22A6 and new everything exhaust related.

Comment

Working...
                                X