No announcement yet.

cloudasc : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also I decided to clean up the wiring behind my stereo from nothing but wires twisted together and covered with electrical tape to using this 12-pole connector I bought from radio shack for a couple bucks. I wish I would have gotten this when I initially installed my stereo.

PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

i like those pulley's. they don't have dampened crank pulley's? later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
        i like those pulley's. they don't have dampened crank pulley's? later.
        Our cars crank pulleys are undampened to begin with. Other companies do make aftermarket dampners, but I believe they are meant for extreme high revving builds. I spent $100 for both of these pulleys, thats 50% off, unfortunately the alternator pulley I can only find for about 20% off.

Also the wieght savings on the accessory pulleys are 66%, and the crank pulley is 72% lighter then stock. According to unorthodox they give gains up 9-13 hp on our motors without underdriving across the entire rpm range, due to removal of parasitic drag. I'd like to dyno the differences and see what the gains truly are on a stock motor.
        Last edited by cloudasc; 01-16-2009, 01:50 AM. Reason: Added Unorthodox Pulley Weight Savings Percentages.

Comment

Well I got around to installing my Eurolite 1156 Amber Bulbs into my Blackhoused Bumper Signals. I can't take pictures because its dark outside, I'll update here shortly with the images.
          Last edited by cloudasc; 01-18-2009, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
            Our cars crank pulleys are undampened to begin with. Other companies do make aftermarket dampners, but I believe they are meant for extreme high revving builds. I spent $100 for both of these pulleys, thats 50% off, unfortunately the alternator pulley I can only find for about 20% off.

Also the wieght savings on the accessory pulleys are 66%, and the crank pulley is 72% lighter then stock. According to unorthodox they give gains up 9-13 hp on our motors without underdriving across the entire rpm range, due to removal of parasitic drag. I'd like to dyno the differences and see what the gains truly are on a stock motor.
            thanks for the info. this is still on my to do list. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
              thanks for the info. this is still on my to do list. later.
              Your very welcome! Its the least I can do after drooling over your car.

Comment

Here are the latest pictures of my car with the blackhoused bumper turn signals w/ 1156 EuroLites (The bulbs don't look that dim, its just really hard to get the camera timing the same as when they are the brightest, but I think you get the idea)

Comment

Well I decided to debadge my car today, I removed the word Honda, Accord, & LX Badges using goo gone, a razor blade. I tried using floss, but it isn't strong enough, fishing line would be best. So I started with the Honda Badge, and when I pryed it off, apparently around one of the holes, water had gotten behind the badge and started to rust, so when I removed the badge, I took a small piece of paint off, exposing where it had rusted. I used goo gone and a kitchen scrubber and a crap load of elbow grease to try and remove all the adhesive as possible. I also used the razor blade at a shallow angle, with very little pressure and was able to remove a decent amount of adhesive and save some elbow work on the accord and lx badges. Also since the it is the original paint, there is some minor discoloration. I still need to put in a little more elbow grease, and try to get the rest of the adhesive off. Well here are the pictures:

I plan on taking my car to the body shop to have the problematic areas sanded down, painted and blended. Will also see about a quote on the quarter panels, which are in really good shape, but I don't want to the problem to get worse and spread more so then it already has.

Comment

^^^ very little rust.......Good idea to take care of it

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                      ^^^ very little rust.......Good idea to take care of it
                      Thanks, most of the rust you see was pre-existing before I bought the car 2 years ago.

Anyways I ended stopping by several body shops, and even stopping at maaco. I plan to check out a few more shops before I do anything yet. From the body shops I've visited, the average was about 1k from each. 100 to have the trunk sanded down, rust removed, and repainted. The quarter panels they want to cut out the affected areas and weld new metal in its place, smooth, and then paint the quarterpanels. So about 400 per quarterpanel. Overall Labor is estimated at 9.2 hours @ $40per hour, and 9.5 hours for paint at $40+26per hour including the paint supplies.

Then there is Maaco, I talked with the guy for a good 20 minutes, and got to see some of the examples. He said that they could grind away the rusted metal, and refill with fiberglass. Fix the trunk, and all the little dings all over the car, hood, etc, with signiture service (the best/most expensive paint they offer) w/ value & extra prep all and paint the entire car for $800. If i want them to wet sand/polish the entire car afterwards to give it the show quality look, it would be an additional $500.

Either way, I think the quote for the $100 on the trunk from the one body shop is deal. Even the maaco guy said so who quoted $200.

Is $400 per rear quarter panel using the remove and weld new metal method, blend, & paint a good price?

Comment

gotta love our coupes drop urs bro and by the way i got the same wheels imma paint mine white imma drop mines soon ill post some pics so you can see wat we look like dropped

Comment

Well my car started to run warm again at idle, i gave it a little gas to cause the water pump to circulate faster, and the temperature went down. I shut it off, and I check my coolant, down about 1/8th a quart after just topping off a couple days ago. So I got home, and turned the car off, and 2 minutes later the condenser fan kicks on for a few minutes, then turns back off. I start my car shortly afterwards and let the car idle. I wait and noticed that the radiator fan on the driver side isn't coming on, only the condenser fan. After reading my haynes manual it told me that the radiator fan should kick on at 180-190F, and the condenser fan comes on at around 210-220F. So I check to see if its the relay thats bad by switching it with the power window relay, and it makes no difference. I check all my lines and look for any residue of a leaking hose and find nothing, then I check the system while under pressure, and I hear a bubbling sound, and I look at the resevoir, and its bubbling from pressure being released from the radiator. So I disconnected the fan, and ran wires from my battery directly to the plug connectors on the fan, and nothing. So it looks as if my radiator fan motor is nothing more then a paperweight.

Since my radiator fan hasn't been working, and only the condenser fan has been coming on, and my coolant is obviosly reaching a boiling state, and is evaporating and escaping via my resevoir as witnessed by the bubbling, and that would cause my coolant to quote "disapear into thin air"?

I'll be picking up a new radiator fan motor here tomorrow, along with a new blower motor, which just started to take a crap, it used to blow so strong, then on low settings it made an audible clicking sound, and now it barely blows any air at all, I am happy it hasn't stopped working altogether! Japanese engineering for you there!

On a side note, I ordered a mugen thermostat and fan switch to upgrade my cooling system, and I plan on replacing the rest of the little coolant hoses and clamps that I can here shortly.

Comment

I went to O'Riellys, Autozone, and Adance Autoparts, and nobody has the correct radiator fan motor. They all are the wrong size, as the motor I have is a shallow type. Also the whole assembly that I tried from Advanced Auto Parts, was also too thick, and wouldn't clear the ac lines. I guess I'm visiting the junkyard tomorrow. Yay

Comment

I took my car to a repair shop, and had them do a compression & leakdown test. My readings are (1/2/3/4): 185, 180, 185, 185. They did a cooling system pressure test and it was working properly. Also the fan that wasn't working, after taking it apart, and putting it back together is working again. Also it was the condenser fan that wasn't kicking on. I also bled the cooling system for air bubbles, and I had quite a few, so we'll see if maybe that was the problem.

I also went junkyard surfing today looking for some f22a6 parts, the first a6 I found had a running motor and they didn't want to part out the head and the intake manifold, to me but sell the whole motor for 300, the second a6 I found, the valve cover was off and it looks like someone else tried to get the head before I found it, as one of the bolts is stripped, and the others were loose. I am going to go back tomorrow morning, and see if we can get the head bolt loose, and I'll hopefully have the whole upper part of an a6 motor to send out for port & polish work on the head and the intake manifold. Now I just need to find an h22h23 upper plenum, & h23 throttle body if I am not mistaken.

Comment

a1 to a6 conversion in the making!

Originally posted by yaboi jeff View Post
                                gotta love our coupes drop urs bro and by the way i got the same wheels imma paint mine white imma drop mines soon ill post some pics so you can see wat we look like dropped
                                Nice, someone else who has great taste! Ya lemme know what they look like when you do your drop.

So i went back to the junkyard, and I purchased the whole head w/ valvetrain, intake manifold, & itb air tank & sylenoid, and ecu/tcu from a 92 Accord EX Automatic with a f22a6. The head & intake manifold & itb sylenoid, ran me 150, the ecu/tcu was another 50. They should have my parts off the donor and ready for pickup sometime tomorrow. Now I need to track down the upper plenum/throttlebody from an 92-96 Prelude SI. My mugen thermostat & fan switch should be here any day, along with all the parts to install the a6 windage tray/baffle & oil pickup/strainer. I'll post up some pictures of everything as soon as its received.

Thanks for stopping by,

Comment

Working...
                                X