No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tried the pedals, but they're just not functional. took those off!

For getting those screws in below the ashtray.

(Thanks TypeG)

Last edited by Raf99; 08-30-2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Skunk2 intake manifold install...

So I started this install today and I'm still not done. I started at 9am and I just got home now at 10:30pm. It took a while to label and remove the intake plenum and old intake manifold. Finding a new location for the black box that was bolted to the bottom of the old manifold was a challange too. I'm also not sure what this black box is . There is also one vacuum line that connects to this unit which use to connect to the IAB unit (to control the butterflies). I wasn't sure where to connect this, so I stuck it on a air nipple. I'm assuming I could close this line off and the computer will think the its "closed" off.
      The other odd end that was left over was that the plate which goes on the IAC valves has air lines coming off. I assumed that you just loop the line to give the illusion (to the ECU) that an air temperature is being transfered.
      I did start it but I only have 2 or 3 injectors working and I need more coolant. Tomorrow I'll bleed the coolant, add more, and check the injectors. I'll post some pics tomorrow hopefully too (forgot my camera).

Comment

I need to change the IABV vacuum line connection. There wasn't a spot on the manifold for this connection as it use to connect to the butterfly valve. I'm going to close that off to make the ECU think its closed. I'm thinking this is the same as deleting the unit also too, but maybe without a ECU code thrown. The FITV has to stay and the IACV has to stay as I do live up north and I will have a load on the engine. I'd like to eliminate the whole IAB unit if I could.
        Last edited by Raf99; 08-30-2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Comment

nice ride man . great pics.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Well today the car was taken to have a new engine and turbo fitted and all the other goodies that go with that. It was a lot of prep work. The current H22A will be removed and fitted with the sleeved H22A block and new hardware. I switched the tires to the old tires and removed the stereo. We also got the car on the trailer and strapped it down. There were no issues with the trip up. I did bend in a rear lower quarter as I forgot to take a block out and the car bounced up onto the block and dented some metal. It can be fixed of course. Hopefully when the car returns I'll be the proud new owner of a GT35r turbo, sleeved H22A, piped and 3" outlet. There are a ton of other items on the list but I'll spare the details. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share soon ...
              Last edited by Raf99; 09-26-2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                Well today the car was taken to have a new engine and turbo fitted and all the other goodies that go with that. It was a lot of prep work. The current H22A will be removed and fitted with the sleeved H22A block and new hardware. I switched the tires to the old tires and removed the stereo. We also got the car on the trailer and strapped it down. There were no issues with the trip up. I did bend in a rear lower quarter as I forgot to take a block out and the car bounced up onto the block and dented some metal. It can be fixed of course. Hopefully when the car returns I'll be the proud new owner of a GT35 A turbo, sleeved H22A, piped and 3" outlet. There are a ton of other items on the list but I'll spare the details. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share soon ...
                Awesome can't wait to see that

How were those amps you got? Did they make a big or slight diff
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                  Awesome can't wait to see that

How were those amps you got? Did they make a big or slight diff
                  To be honest i never had a chance to test them. I had everything I needed for the new stereo install and was all set to install it; amps, new 6x9, new 5"1/4, new 6 1/2" w/ pods, new tweaters, new in-dash dvd. I had gotten all the wires and connectors and was only missing the sound-proofing. Then the call came in for the engine and the car had to go to the shop. But I do thank ya for them

For others interested the list of engine parts were:

New engine parts

Darton H22A Sleeves
                  Arris 8.5:1 87mm forged pistons
                  Eagle H Beam Rods
                  GTR35 Turbo
                  38mm wastegate
                  750cc-780cc fuel injectors (need)
                  ARP headsteads
                  ARP rod bolts
                  ACL main/rod bearings
                  Aluminum Radiator (may not need)
                  31x12x3 Intercooler (recommend another size?)
                  ECU P28
                  Turbo piping and fittings
                  Log manifold
                  Turbo Timer (apexi, etc)

AEM High Volume Fuel Raid (needed?)
                  AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
                  Fuel Pressure Guage
                  High Flow 255plh fuel pump
                  JDM/Gredy Timing Belt (hold)
                  Last edited by Raf99; 02-02-2011, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Where are you getting the work done?
                    Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

Originally posted by choogee3 View Post
                      Where are you getting the work done?
                      Ravens Autosports are kind enough to help me out on this project. I had a chat with him today and its looking like the engine will be completed but we may wait until the sprint to put the turbo on as tuning in November isn't fun. Plus the car gets put away in the winter too.

Comment

Looking good brother. I like the progress.
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                          Looking good brother. I like the progress.
                          Thanks man! Right now it feels like backwards progress. Kind of frustrating. I got chips in the hood and a wheelwell to fix (from the move), and now with the turbo not going in until next spring....... ug. Kind of a set-back
                          Last edited by Raf99; 10-01-2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

My speaker pod mods i did...

Last edited by Raf99; 11-17-2010, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Im Confused.... Why did you get the DC Sport headers for h22 NA if you ordered all that Turbo shit. Also hiw did the gaains feel on with the Skunk 2 intake manifold if any. By the way, love the clean swap and plans you got, keep it clean, chill.
                              FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                              Pm meX
                              I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                              H22A Swap
                              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                                Im Confused.... Why did you get the DC Sport headers for h22 NA if you ordered all that Turbo shit. Also hiw did the gaains feel on with the Skunk 2 intake manifold if any. By the way, love the clean swap and plans you got, keep it clean, chill.
                                You are correct, need a DC Sports header :P ? (the header was bought a while ago before I made the final decision on the turbo). The power increase was minimal for the skunk2 intake, but most felt in mid range rpm level.

Comment

Working...
                                X