No announcement yet.

LadyG : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha, the headrest might be on backwards. I let my littlest guy "help" me put them in. Interestingly, the are Integra headrests, which I think look pretty good.

Also, the wing is a chargespeed. RJ said it's one of three that he knows of. I was originally going to take it off, but it's starting to grow on me.
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
      Hahaha, the headrest might be on backwards. I let my littlest guy "help" me put them in. Interestingly, the are Integra headrests, which I think look pretty good.

Also, the wing is a chargespeed. RJ said it's one of three that he knows of. I was originally going to take it off, but it's starting to grow on me.
      Ya, don't take it off. It would look naked without it or would need something back there.

Comment

Monica, I have to say that the Arcadia Green is so much better than the white was! The wagon looks like it should have come from the factory. After getting a good look at the Chargespeed Wing, the wagons without it look naked now.

Also your first pictures are already broken. Not sure what happened there as they are fairly new.

Keep up the good work and keep us updated.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

clean, nonetheless.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Security system plans? I didn't see anything in your mod list.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thanks y'all!
              It does have an alarm system, but idk what kind it is.

Comment

Wow .. looks like another wagon ..

Glad this is all coming together, and it'll be a blast to follow this. Well done Monica!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

That was plasti-dip?! Looked really nice, exactly what I'm planning on doing to mine sedan. I loved how the mudflaps and skirts were all white too.
                  Did it look like it was holding up well?

How do you like those coilovers?

Congrats on the new whip, looks awesome.
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

awesome! now we're almost twins! green wagon here, but a 92

Comment

So, today I brought her to our AC guy.
                      While the AC does work, we hit 90deg last week and the system just could not hang.
                      I'm thankful the back tint is as dark as it is, because I'd be boiling the kids alive in the back seat!
                      She needs to be converted to 112(?), and thankfully our AC guy is an old, good friend, so I'm paying less than market price.

On another topic, I should disclose that what ever lip was on there, is no longer on there because it failed on me right around the AZ/Ca line, bending backwards under the bumper. I had to stop on the roadside 3x and try to anchor/remove the damned​ thing. It was held on by two completely different bolts, of which I had tools for neither.

The first rte 66 offshoot in Az, I stopped and bought a (6$!!!) Bag of zip ties. I was in the lot, on the concrete, chaining zip ties together, when I hear a "hey young lady" from above me.

The voice belonged to a cowboy man. He was probably 50-60, but looked ancient. Sun-dried, and only about 6 teeth in his head. He says, "Thet ain't gonna do shit". He's holding a coil of light gauge wire and pliers.
                      He proceeds to wire my lip to my bumper, excessively, while regailing me of his 25 acres, and 4 ex wives.

I really just wanted to pet the saddled pony in the trailer behind his work dulie, and get the fuck outta there, because it wasn't long before he started chastising me for my lack of tools and questioned my capability to make it home. When I protested that I needed to make Flagstaff before dark, and needed to get back on it, he finished the wire twist (4th, 5th? Wire) and stood up. I thanked him, and he replied, "I love helping damsels in distress".
                      I sat in the driver's seat and replied, "I appreciate your help, but I was never in distress." I shut the door and drove away.

Damn sure held the whole way home! But, that lip was not salvage-able.

And that, good sirs, is what happened to my lip.
                      Last edited by LadyG; 05-16-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Ya, you'll have to convert to R112, which came in the 94+ OBDII machines. You can get away with simply changing the ends where the machine hooks to with adapters. Some may insist that you need to rebuild the whole AC system to take R112, but I have yet to see someone with a broken AC because they put R112 in it. There is a DIY on this site somewhere if you want to do it, buddy went into great detail.

Nice story too. Nice creepy guy

Comment

Yeah, my guy basically changed out all my fittings, leak tested, drained it of 34 and filled it with r112. For a Benjamin, it's a good deal.
                          It's cold in my wagon now! : bouncy:
                          Last edited by LadyG; 05-08-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                            That was plasti-dip?! Looked really nice, exactly what I'm planning on doing to mine sedan. I loved how the mudflaps and skirts were all white too.
                            Did it look like it was holding up well?

How do you like those coilovers?

Congrats on the new whip, looks awesome.
                            Thank you!
                            This is my advice on plasti-dip.

My car had been booth sprayed with dip and then cleared, so it looked a lot better than most plasti-jobs I've seen.
                            In the large surface areas it looked really good. It was in the prep and trim that mistakes were made, most likely out of haste.
                            The thinly coated places are the worst to remove, and you can't really get around having some. Remove your seals, or tape them off. It is really hard to remove plasti from the foamy plastic of the seals.
                            Also, if you have painted side mouldings/skirts when you dip it, removal will mean paint loss on them. The hard, smooth plastic of the mudflaps was the easiest and cleanest to remove. They also had the most dip loss, prior to removal.
                            And lastly, the clear on my car has a cracking in it, that was due to the shrinkage of the plasti under heat, it is going to take a wet sand to remove, at least. Its rather severe in my case. The longer you leave it on, the more likely this is to occur.

For a cheap temporary color change, it's not bad. But don't be lazy, either in putting it on, or in how long you keep it on... Unless your paint is completely shot.

FfT1's are what I had on my sedan. If they hadn't come on it, I would have swapped my old set over. I love em.
                            Last edited by LadyG; 05-16-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Nice come-back! Looks like you've already improved it quite a bit.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Thank you!
                                This is my advice on plasti-dip.

My car had been booth sprayed with dip and then cleared, so it looked a lot better than most plasti-jobs I've seen.
                                In the large surface areas it looked really good. It was in the prep and trim that mistakes were made, most likely out of haste.
                                The thinly coated places are the worst to remove, and you can't really get around having some. Remove your seals, or tape them off. It is really hard to remove plasti from the foamy plastic of the seals.
                                Also, if you have painted side mouldings/skirts when you dip it, removal will mean paint loss on them. The hard, smooth plastic of the mudflaps was the easiest and cleanest to remove. They also had the most dip loss, prior to removal.
                                And lastly, the clear on my car has a cracking in it, that was due to the shrinkage of the plasti under heat, it is going to take a wet sand to remove, at least. Its rather severe in my case. The longer you leave it on, the more likely this is to occur.

For a cheap temporary color change, it's not bad. But don't be lazy, either in putting it on, or in how long you keep it on... Unless you're paint is completely shot.

FfT1's are what I had on my sedan. If they hadn't come on it, I would have swapped my old set over. I love em.
                                Good to know, I'll be noting all this.
                                Taking off thin plasti-dip is a pain, unless you get the "Dip Remover Spray" from Dipyourcar.com. It's a little pricey, but It works great!

I've never heard of plasti-dip damaging paint! That's crazy. I wonder how long it was on your car for?
                                With my car I wouldn't be concerned about damaging the original paint, as it's toast.

I just got FF1s on my Sedan, at first I was shocked (pun not intended) with how harsh and bumpy the ride was. After driving it for about a week they seemed to soften up, and I'm starting to like them now.
                                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                                X