No announcement yet.

LadyG : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, if you went from stock to full coil overs, of course!
    A lot of us went from stock to a set of lowering springs first. (mine were H&R race)
    It's a cheaper, safe alternative to cutting springs, but coilovers and the ability to adjust height cannot be over sold.

As far as coilovers setups go, FF is the best for our chassis. Some people prefer other setups for race and specialty applications. But for daily lows, these are the best ride.
    Now, you can get the type 2, with the dampining adjustment and get a softer/stiffer ride, but those are $$.
    Last edited by LadyG; 05-12-2017, 05:40 PM.
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

shes back to how i rember her i loved this wag when i saw it in person your very lucky to have gotten it.
      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Lovin that arcadia as opposed to plasti lol .. such a deal, what a ride ..
        Really stoked for you Monica! Keep up the awesome work!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Paint looks well kept beneath that sea of dip! I feel you on peeling of the thinner areas. I helped a friend peel black plasti-dip from a Miata he bought. All of the trim areas and seals suffered the same, but since it was black, we ended up trimming around it to reveal a badly oxidized OEM red underneath. Probably why it was dipped in the first place.

The Cowboy story was awesome... not your usual every day experience.

Looking forward to seeing what twists and turns you have for it.
          1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Tuff Stuff (the yellow can) worked surprisingly well on beige Honda carpet back in the day when I helped a friend de-gross a beige interior.

It's not the most glamorous product and I'm sure has enough chemicals in it to scorch your lungs, but using that and a damp terry cloth towel will pull a bunch of the stains out. It's not a miracle worker, but it does work and it is cheap.

Comment

I have discovered a new joy. Having two sets of stuff.

I removed my headlights from my sedan and stared refurbishing them. One of the lenses has serious deterioration close to the sides.I went and looked at the set on the wagon, and the lenses are much better. They have been modified, and I am also not a fan of the black housed- yellow highbeam thing anymore.
              Though I sure did rock it, once upon a time!

So, I have taken the bumper off, the headlights out, and it is time to customize!

Also notice my holey bumper! All the holes!!

Also, be on the look out!
              My intersection linghts will be going up for sale as soon as I buy a new bumper.
              I am not ready to sell them until that happens.

The cut job to do the fogs, also not great.

I am actually taking a short break before starting on headlight modifications. So more pictures to come.

I desperately need a tune, a new ac compressor, and the wiring thoroughly gone through. I replaced the master cylinder already, it went out. However, it's very sound where it counts. Whomever installed this engine knew what they were doing, and did a good job.

Comment

Why would you get rid of rare intersection lights?

Comment

It's not part of the look I want.

Comment

Options! Parts for Options! All the Options!

Removing so much sealant.

Comment

Are you not putting in some projectors?

Also, are those "white-housed" or painted white inside, or is that just how they look?

Fun stuff though, can't wait to see them on the wagon. I'm dying to do some headlight upgrades myself.
                      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                        Tuff Stuff (the yellow can) worked surprisingly well on beige Honda carpet back in the day when I helped a friend de-gross a beige interior.

It's not the most glamorous product and I'm sure has enough chemicals in it to scorch your lungs, but using that and a damp terry cloth towel will pull a bunch of the stains out. It's not a miracle worker, but it does work and it is cheap.
                        I've had pretty good luck with removing the carpet and using OxyClean, then hanging it up and power washing it until the water runs clear. The last one I did dried in a day. You can see one example the MRT for the SE (in sig).
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

So sparkly!
                          Last edited by LadyG; 06-29-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                            Are you not putting in some projectors?
                            No. To do it properly would involve me permanently modifying a set of jdm headlights, and I'm not really a fan of how it looks. I removed all hid things when I took her apart. I'll be selling them soon.

Also, are those "white-housed" or painted white inside, or is that just how they look?
                            Nope, that is how they come. I wanted them to look like they just came out of the box.

Fun stuff though, can't wait to see them on the wagon. I'm dying to do some headlight upgrades myself.
                            Go slow and do a good job!
                            A few notes:
                            You can clean any paint spray on the housings with acteone ONCE THE LENSES ARE OFF.
                            I had to completely re-sand my lense because I left an acteone fingerprint on one ofthem.

Separating the housings from the lenses should only need low temp (160&#176 for 10-15 minutes, one at a time, ON A COOKIE SHEET.
                            Whomever opened my wagon set scorched the lenses by putting them on the rack.

With a heat gun, slowly scrape ALL the old sealent off. The results are worth it.

I modified my stock lights first, because if I messed them up, the we're cheap/easy to replace. I'm glad I did, because I made mistakes, and would have hated to fuck up $150 headlights.
                            Last edited by LadyG; 06-29-2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Glad to see you are back in the CB game. Loving the wagon. I always had a soft spot for Arcadia Green; especially wagons. Pictures are looking great. At least I learned something about plastidip and removing it from reading through your thread.

Side note: did they ever find the tacoma that nailed your old CB? I know you mentioned last year they did not find him at the time. Didn't know if anything came up between now and then.

Keep up the amazing work! The wagon is looking really sharp!

Comment

The headlights look excellent! Can't hate on the OEM look!
                                1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Working...
                                X