LadyG : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
    Glad to see you are back in the CB game. Loving the wagon. I always had a soft spot for Arcadia Green; especially wagons. Pictures are looking great. At least I learned something about plastidip and removing it from reading through your thread.

Side note: did they ever find the tacoma that nailed your old CB? I know you mentioned last year they did not find him at the time. Didn't know if anything came up between now and then.

Keep up the amazing work! The wagon is looking really sharp!
    Thank you! It's lovely to know I was missed, and appreciated!!
    It is interesting to me, how many people love the green. I'm not a fan. I'm going to repaint her the fit dark purple. (The 2017 purple)

They never did catch that asshole. If one of us had been hurt, I'm sure they would have looked a little harder, but the murder of my Accord seemed to cause little concern.
    She is still in my driveway, donating parts to her new big sister.

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
    The headlights look excellent! Can't hate on the OEM look!
    Nope, and it never becomes "dated" or go out of fashion!
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Psa

Friendly Neighborhood G here, Reminding YOU that your FnF coil overs are meant adjusted AT the BOTTOM, and messing with the spring perches is messing with your spring rates!!!!

I cannot explain the horror I felt, going to raise my car, and finding every last one of those coils as WRONG as wrong can be. All 4 we're differently adjusted via the spring perches.
      The rears had the coils so far down the shock that the boot around the shock had torn.

I had to swap them all with my sedan set. That I know is right, and safe.

/r

Comment

ahhh! Yeah I have seen that in person and online that people start messing with the spring perch instead of the actual lower mount perch.

Can't believe that your cb9 had so many things not done correctly...

Comment

I've actually held back on what all we have found.

Super thankful I've kept my sedan for parts!!

Comment

You sound like me with this black CB I have now. Insult is the previous owner is a friend and a colleague. But on the same hand progress is being made! BTW I still want those lights!
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Monica I still have that bumper for ya

I wish I knew of a cheaper alternative to shipping this thing.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                Monica I still have that bumper for ya

I wish I knew of a cheaper alternative to shipping this thing.

Greyhound will ship it

Comment

So it begins, again.

Today the first wrench turns happened on a project which will make this car truly mine.

While pulling the main harness is not the usual starting point for a tuck, it's where we are starting today. Evidently wireworx has time to do my main harness right now, so that's where we will begin.

She is getting a full color change to the Fit passion berry purple-jams and all- and we are doing all the prep ourselves.

Unlike when I was in progress with my sedan, I am having a difficult time forming a clear mental image of my finished car. That is problematic. I have to make color choices very soon based on a over all picture I can't visualize.
                  With the sedan I had a little space in between big projects to think about the next step, and right now I am picking out engine hardwear and valve cover colors before the car is painted. It is not how I have gone about things in the past.
                  It's challenging.

I plan on documenting this build with more "in progress" video than my last thread, so I will be posting links to (you-tube?) especially when we get into break tucking, harness making, and anything else where I know there is a lot of interest for diy.

I will update on FB for some things, but I want to interact with, and drive traffic to, this community.

Yay, guys! New project time!

One last "before" shot!
                  Last edited by LadyG; 04-04-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Wait, Wire-Worx is doing your cabin harness? They didn't want to touch mine when I was asking them for pricing on my J-series engine harness! So I ended up going with Jacob from TuckTech/Ascension Motorsports for my engine harness and doing my chassis harness myself.

If they're willing, I'd still like to have them do another chassis harness for me that integrates my Infinity harness and AEM dash. Who have you been talking to over there?
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Oh, no no! Main engine harness! My bad!
                      Last edited by LadyG; 04-04-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Last edited by LadyG; 04-04-2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                          Oh, no no! Main engine harness! My bad!
                          Buzzkill!
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Keep um comin Monica Looovvvin this wagon ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Teardown is moving right along!

Last edited by LadyG; 04-08-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

We should be pulling the engine tomorrow.

Which means I need to make some color choices.

We are going to be sending some engine bits off for powder coating, but. The engine and trans is going to get repainted and it's going to get completely covered in all the various downstar bolt sets that apply. And I mean all of them! Lol.
                                (Some of you know my hubby and downstar have a relationship.)

So my main choices I need to make soon are:
                                1. What kind of silver for the things that will stay silver? There is a lighter "aluminum" color and a darker "cast" color.

What color hardwear?
                                I'm between the blue and purple they carry.

Input and suggestions welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X