No announcement yet.

GhostAccord: 2012 Honda Ridgeline VP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my battle with CARiD and Magnaflow to ship me the correct part.

So another week goes buy and at the end of the week, only after I sent an email, I get a response from CARiD stating that Magnaflow requires images of the inlet and outlet sizes to verify. CARiD rep sends me an email saying that Magnaflow insists that the part will fit my truck once again. Oh my F#@king G@wD! I ordered part XXXX they sent me part YYYY. Why has it taken 3, now going on 4, weeks to accept my return and ship me the right part?

Right now I'm thinking it is CARiD that is yanking my chain and not sending the correct request into Magnaflow. There is no way that a manufacturer such as Magnaflow would fight a wrong part shipped issue this much. Unfortunately, Magnaflow does not deal directly with john doe public......so I have to deal with them through CARiD and their terrible customer service.

So here I sit and wait another week before I can install my exhaust system.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

OK well... just got off the phone with Magnaflow.... and the part that they list as having a 2.5" inlet x 2.5" outlet 2.5" pipe is not a true 2.5". It is a direct fit, so that means that they only upgrade the internals of the cat and the flanges stay OEM diameter, wich is not 2.5" What a scam.... Oh well lesson learned. I should have bought all my stuff from RV6-Performance in the first place.

Off to RV6-Performance to order their 2.5" high flow cat.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

The customer service rep said that because it states "Direct-Fit" that I should have known that it was fabricated using OEM flanges.

Well the specs on their website show this;

So he tells me that he is going to put in a request to have that information updated on the website....... #@&% !#@$% %$#@! Yeah, that's how I feel.

Oh well, I paid for it and it is here. Might as well make good use of it. Time to blow off some steam in the garage. Turn that 2.25" flange and pipe into a proper 2.5" flange and pipe.

My new intake installed last night.

Version 2.0

K&N 6" x 9" x 5" cone filter
        6" x 3.5" velocity stack
        3.5" Aluminum tubing

Sounds amazing, and once you remove the OEM Air box and lower intake tube. The chassis has a rather large opening in the frame rail/chassis that opens right up into the bottom part of the bumper. So cool air is feed up from the lower valence. Bonus!
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 09-30-2016, 12:50 PM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Went to start cutting this thing up and adding my 2.5" stainless pipe to it and to my surprise magnets reveled another issue. Magnaflow is using T409 in their "Stainless Construction". This is as far from most exhaust grade stainless that I have every worked with. T304 is usually the lowest grade for most exhaust components in my experience. Not hard to see why they don't list the grade of stainless in the specs.

Magnet stuck to flange, pipe and cat body. All three parts Magnaflow specs as Stainless. Yeah T409. I didn't think that people still used it. It's not like 304 is that expensive.

This fridge magnet about sums up how I feel about CARiD and Magnaflow right now!

At least Magnaflow warranties any rust holes in their T409. That is good to know considering I live in the rust belt and this is a winter vehicle.
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 09-30-2016, 06:22 PM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Picked this up from the dealership today! Love that this will be a direct bolt on as it comes with Crystal Black Pearl trim.

MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

sucks you had to deal with that. I hate those big corps.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

RV6-Performance PreCat Delete down pipes

Oh well, we live and learn.

These came in the mail today!

I have modified the 2.25" Magnaflow cat with a 2.5" pipe and bored out the flange to match.

Now she will be 2.5" all the way back like I wanted.
                Last edited by GhostAccord; 10-08-2016, 05:49 AM. Reason: Added Title
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Mail box put out once again this week.

Thanks to Jason @ Burtman Industries these drop springs shipped very quickly and arrived as described. Great customer service

Thanks again Jason!

As well have to send a shout out to Chris Harris @ Xenocron Tuning Solutions for the quick shipping of my KTuner purchase. As usual great customer service from them as well. Go to Chris for pretty much all of my tuning hardware and software.

Thanks again Chris!

Just finished my last night shift and should hopefully be able to find some time to install all of these parts, sooner than later. Fun in the snow is right around the corner!
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 11-06-2016, 07:54 AM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Sneak peak of what is install for the RL for the spring.

MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

UPS delivered today!

Set of 20's for the Ridgeline.....

Love getting summer parts in the winter......now the long wait for the snow to melt!
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

ITBs on a Ridgeline absolutely fascinate me.

What are the chances of installing a manual transmission from a TL SH-AWD?

Comment

The ITB's are for his RL from the sounds of it, not the Ridgeline. I'm curious myself about the trans swap though. Would be nice not to be locked into auto's only on the bigger Honda vehicles.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Being in this thread, I figured it was just shorthand for RidgeLine.

Comment

You very well could be correct. Just figured he has an RL as well .
                              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yeah it was shorthand for Ridgeline....

I'm already on the look out for a 6spd out of the 09-14 TL SH-AWD 3.7L. That is not going to be a cheap venture. So for now, I'm going to stick with the auto trans and ITB's. If the auto trans happens to blow up somehow...... Then I will definitely go with the manual swap vs replacing it with another auto trans.

I know KTuner works on the TL SH-AWD. So I have the tuning and computer part already. It's all the manual trans hardware that I have to look into.
                                Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-16-2016, 04:05 PM.
                                MR Thread
                                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X