Bucket list cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket list cars

Since the last time I was really on here and posting stuff, I have been through a few cars trying to knock off my bucket list of cars to own. Sounds dumb but oh well just something I want to do.

I don’t remover how long ago it was but I went down to Iowa to grab H311RA151N‘s 93 accord. Made it my project car for about 1 yr rarely even touching it for months on end. Finally finished it up with a h22a swap and a m2s4 trans with a lightweight flywheel. Only did bolt ones with an aem intake, plm header, and a full 2.5” exhaust. Drove it for about 1k miles and sold it to a friend that put the rest of the parts on from my old wagon and the prelude wheels I had purchased for it.

After the accord I acquired a 04 ion redline that had a whole bunch of goodies on it and couldn’t pass it up with even a blown engine. I already had a Saab engine that was low mileage for a replacement anyways as they are damn near the same engine, only had the engine to pull the turbo off for my sunfire. I had that car going in about 3 months after I swapped all the sensors over and come to find out the engine was bad from zzp. After I had it running for a few hundred miles damn thing just wanted to keep overheating, I had reverted it to stock ecu and pulley. Drove it for 1k miles damn thing blew up on me. No big deal just sold that one to my mechanic buddy that got it going and put on about 2k miles. He ended up only paying me half of what I wanted and after about 8 months I ended back up with it. So as of right now it has been sitting for quite a few months but I plan on making it reliable with e85 and a 2.7” pulley. I actually just got the injectors for it yesterday. Don’t know if I want to try and sell it in the future but time will tell.

As of last winter I was using a mazdaspeed protege for a winter car. I bought 2 of them for $300 each both had blown motors but both cars were complete. The orange msp was rotted out and the dedicated winter beater. The black one never came to be drivable, as I was frustrated as hell with the orange msp and lost all interest. These cars are unreliable as hell lol. I found a rebuilt motor for $180 in the cities, msp or regularly protege motors are identical if they are the 2.0 as they never beefed up the internals. I put on a good 5k miles with the orange msp but about every 500-1000 miles something else would go wrong and would have to try and fix it. What ended the interest was it would never hold boost, even after fixing all the leaks (factory pipes are complete trash) I was just cruising in 5th let off the gas to coast down my road for it only to shit out 5th gear. Sold them as a pair to 2 kids and hoping to see the black one next year at maperformance proving grounds as the shell was very clean.

Last bucket list car, till I can get my hands a 300zx tt to actually keep for years to come, is a 2003 Sentra ser specv. Compared to the msp I wish I would have gotten this first. All this car needed was a radiator and some cleaning. Still have this car and hoping If it doesn’t sell I will be using it for a winter car as the lsd still hooks unlike the cheap ones in the msp. The doors don’t sound like they are gutted out like the msp, but the sound systems are about the same. I would say the spec is faster but my msp wouldn’t hold boost very well so I can’t give a for sure answer. Also these come with moonroofs which I love to have on every car.
    There is still a good amount of parts to be bought for these cars, which is rather surprising for how old they are getting. I have full exhaust to still put on and an injen intake. If only the car was a little less rusty I would try to preserve it as I have a body guy that can make me some cheaper rocker panels for it.

Current cars I own to:
    Still have my 06 Saab aero
    2013 veloster turbo, no tune or downpipe have everything else on it
    2004 sunfire, I have a soft spot for these as I had one as my first car. This one is my autocross car
    2014 Durango r/t, bought it for the girlfriend to haul the kiddos
    Crankshafts old accord I drove down to Texas to get this past spring. I am sitting a lot better now and am hoping to make a good weekend car out of this with a built f22a turbo and manual swap.

Will try to get pictures loaded.
    Last edited by ol blue; 10-20-2019, 12:40 PM.

Considering how attached I am to the only two cars I've owned so far, I know I could never go after my own bucket list unless I was in a position to actually keep every one of them. So I'm sticking with my two Hondas, and once they're at a comfortable point to slow down on modifying, I'll go after my substitute-dream car (because the actual one's too expensive, lol) and just be happy with the three.

Best of luck getting into that Z. Looking forward to the photos of your collection, too.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

It's pretty cool to hear that car is still around. I gave up on it and I shouldn't have. However, I won't be making that mistake again.

I also want a TT Z32.

Comment

Glad to hear you are doing something with old faithful, a little while ago i remembered i forgot to mention that i also had 4 RC1000cc injectors, a wahlbro 255 and a HKS SSQ bov.
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
          I also want a TT Z32.
          I recently purchased a Hot Wheels version. It'll have to suffice

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            Considering how attached I am to the only two cars I've owned so far, I know I could never go after my own bucket list unless I was in a position to actually keep every one of them. So I'm sticking with my two Hondas, and once they're at a comfortable point to slow down on modifying, I'll go after my substitute-dream car (because the actual one's too expensive, lol) and just be happy with the three.

Best of luck getting into that Z. Looking forward to the photos of your collection, too.
            I get way to attached to some cars. I was really hoping to keep that black msp as it would have been a time capsule kind of car for me. I just got to frustrated and didn’t want to bother with it no more.

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            It's pretty cool to hear that car is still around. I gave up on it and I shouldn't have. However, I won't be making that mistake again.

I also want a TT Z32.
            Definitely still around, I told my buddy if he ever sells it I will be the one buying it back. He did bring it autocrossing last year and had a ball. It now has rsx front seats, traction bar, and legend calipers. He will soon be getting it repainted and the rust repaired.

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
            Glad to hear you are doing something with old faithful, a little while ago i remembered i forgot to mention that i also had 4 RC1000cc injectors, a wahlbro 255 and a HKS SSQ bov.
            Give me a price and I might take them off your hands too. I told myself this will be one car I will keep around. You were very generous to me and this is one car I won’t sell unless you ever want it back. I actually still have your number so when I do get going on it I will send a few pictures your way.

Comment

My CB7 was supposedly a lifelong project, but was cut short when a junkie smashed it.
              Now I have my Miata and CTS-V that I may or may not be hanging onto. I really want a TVR Chimaera, which would require the Miata to go away. The CTS would also probably go to finance the TVR.
              In addition to that, I want a Volvo 240 and a Jeep Grand Wagoneer, both to receive LSx swaps.
              I also want a 72 or 73 Riviera to restore... but that may never happen.

Lower on the list:
              Dodge Shadow
              Honda Beat
              RX7 (all generations have their appeal)
              New Miata
              1st gen Insight
              CB9

I also want a Volvo C70 as a daily.

My list is far too long, and frustratingly attainable. I have a two car garage and driveway space for 3 more... but then I’ll be “that guy”.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                but then I’ll be “that guy”.
                But if you're happy, does it matter what others think?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Comment

Since i got the Camaro i have stopped looking at vehicles, i have now realized that all those pipe dreams of owning a xxxx HP car are ridiculous to say the least since there is no place to let them eat unless you race in a standing mile event or are the idiot racing on open roads with traffic around. Im sitting in the upper 400s at the crank and althought i would of liked to be in 500s at wheel(it was a goat of mine since 17) it is just not practical nor cheap to take that extra step since it requires pretty much a drivetrain upgrade but then what? One thing is for sure though, seems more people around me are excited about my car than maybe even myself; maybe because it was a in the heat of the moment purchase? I am still finding out things about the car, like how to turn off the safety features like traction control and stabilitrac etc. . I have on a couple nights thought about trading the 6.2 for a FI 5.3 because if it was good enough for GM to use it on the COPO then it would be good enough for me .

Ol blue let me gather everything and try and get a quote to ship, the BOV and injectors i had bought used because i was working on a F/H hybrid plan that never materialized and was trying to do it as cheap as possible. The Wahlbro i did get new on amazon i believe so i cant really ask for much specially since i have no use for them.
                    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I'm with Crank on this one. My dream car is a 1G NSX still, but I don't want it at this moment. I've always wanted an E46 M3 ever since playing NFSMW. Unfortunately, it doesn't come in fo' doe. So I'm 'stuck' with my current ZHP that I want to swap a V12 into just because. It'll have the heart of a McLaren F1-ish. I just know that everyone is downsizing, so the 12 cylinders will be a relic very soon *tear*

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ol blue, I was glad to sell it to you! Still am.

Crankshaft, i think you are absolutely right. I've done so much work on cars and then sold or gave up on them. I'm sticking with the Talon and my 92 sedan cb7. I don't care what comes along I'm sticking with them. Unless one gets totaled of course. The Accord will always get me to work and the Talon will always be capable of going faster.

Comment

Working...
                        X