Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trunk Struts Diy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk Struts Diy?

So I installed a set of kicker 6x9s in my coupe and had to remove the trunk springs to get them to fit so now opening the trunk is a pain in the butt and I have been looking for a diy and havent found one with any luck so if someone knows of one could you post a link to it or maybe a way to space them up with keeping the speaker covers on I would like to keep them hidden

total custom job. buy a strut and weld two brackets and you are done.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

'94-'95 Accords used them. The '96-'97s didn't for some reason. Anyway, maybe you could possibly try to retrofit those. They'd already be around the length you needed. I was going to try and do it eventually. I just have more pressing things on the car that need attention now.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

wrong section? where are these springs anyway, my trunk has never popped open when opened like other cars do, it'd be nice to see trunk props like legend hoods do
        IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

The springs just make the trunk feel lighter and hold it open they don't open it for you if get level with the deck lid well a little lower than that you should see two bars running across like a 1/4 thick they are just twisted kinda like torsion bar suspension
          And if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry and please move it
          Last edited by Sock'sCb7; 02-26-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I have JL 3-way 6x9s in my DX coupe and I have no issues with my trunk springs being in the way.

What the hell kind of ginormous speakers are you using to get in the way of the springs??

As mentioned, the 94-95 Accords have the trunk struts, and I as well have been toying of the idea of retrofitting a pair for my trunk, since I have a large, heavy VW flushmount spoiler and my trunk does not stay up on it's own.

Comment

It's two ways you can do this...

1) Use the existing hinges and mount struts to those so that they push on the hinges, acting in a similar fashion to the torsion bar.

2) Make a bracket so that the strut pushes the trunk up from the sides.

I'm going to look for some DIY's because I want to do this too.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

You could put a actuator in and be able to open/close you trunk with either a switch or remote

Comment

The way I plan to do it is retrofit CD5 trunk struts, while keeping the stock hinges and springs in place.

Comment

i have the kicker ds693s
                    Kicker 6x9s ,

Ghetto trunk strut,
                    my current strut lol
                    Last edited by Sock'sCb7; 02-26-2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

And how or why do they interfere with the trunk?

The magnet or speaker basket cannot be THAT big.

DX coupes have 6.5" components in the rear speakers, but every other model has factory 6x9s, so there's no reason to have any complications. I just upgraded my 6.5's to 6x9s and I had no issues.
                      Last edited by crazymikey; 02-27-2012, 12:53 AM.

Comment

The magnet gets in the way so the speakers can't be mounted. It's not about the diameter of the speaker, it's the depth that's the issue

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

When I had my cb I had to use spacers to clear it, but then the pod covers rattled cause the speaker would hit it.
                          wat?

Comment

I think his name is cb7dazz or cbnub something.. one of them did it. And posted pics a long time ago.

I asked him about it. But he doesn't even remember. =/
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I had to shave about an inch off the torsion bar to fit in my 6x9 infinitys the other half of the bar touches the magnet, real fun getting in there with a cut off wheel on a grinder LoL

Comment

Working...
                              X