Omni Power Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni Power Coilovers

Does anyone have any insight on these? I seen some for a good price on CL but I am iffy about it as it is a name I am not familiar with, which leads me to believe that I should stay away from them. I thought I would come here and ask before I dive right in and pick these up.
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

i rock them daily. i have the sports so they wont slam your car. not sure about the others. handles ON POINT. just wish they were lower and a little softer. ride is pretty stiff.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      i rock them daily. i have the sports so they wont slam your car. not sure about the others. handles ON POINT. just wish they were lower and a little softer. ride is pretty stiff.
      Good deal. The reason I asked is because it wasn't in the complied thread about suspension. I think we should find the rates and get them added then!
      The CB7 Collector.
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

sports are 10k front 8k rear pretty sure.
        COUPE K24

Comment

I had them when I had my Accord. Since mine didn't come with springs I just used 450s all around and it worked well.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
          dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

had them on my cb also. super stiff.

Comment

Man I remember riding in a car with them and bumps launching me out of the seat

Also since they are out of business, I think, no way to get em serviced if they blow

I would pass

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

If they blow, get em serviced by D2. Same crap.

Honestly, this thread is the first praise I've heard by any Omni owner. Usually, people get them and complain that they're too stiff, that they break, that they don't fit properly.

They're cheap crap. Anything that isn't a serious race part (hint: under $1000, not a serious race part) should never have a spring rate that high!
                The only "cheap" coilovers I'd ever even suggest for my own car would be F&F or Tein. Beyond that, most others are cheapie coilovers made in Taiwan or China, many are likely made in the same factory. For the most part, quality components aren't known to come out of those countries.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  If they blow, get em serviced by D2. Same crap.

Honestly, this thread is the first praise I've heard by any Omni owner. Usually, people get them and complain that they're too stiff, that they break, that they don't fit properly.

They're cheap crap. Anything that isn't a serious race part (hint: under $1000, not a serious race part) should never have a spring rate that high!
                  The only "cheap" coilovers I'd ever even suggest for my own car would be F&F or Tein. Beyond that, most others are cheapie coilovers made in Taiwan or China, many are likely made in the same factory. For the most part, quality components aren't known to come out of those countries.
                  just because they are stiff doesnt mean they are crap. most people buy them, expecting to ride like a cadiliac but instead its super ass stiff and complain its the coilovers fault when its not designed to ride like that.

mine are really stiff but ive gotten used to it and its a HUGE upgraydd over ebay coilovers.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    Man I remember riding in a car with them and bumps launching me out of the seat

Also since they are out of business, I think, no way to get em serviced if they blow

I would pass
                    Point taken. I am going to stick to my part out anyways and use the old suspension off my other CB's and save me the money then (Koni Yellows and Neuspeed Race Springs)
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

i think they ride pretty decent. and true the handling is impressive. we must have pretty smooth roads here in the atl compared to other parts of the u.s. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                        just because they are stiff doesnt mean they are crap. most people buy them, expecting to ride like a cadiliac but instead its super ass stiff and complain its the coilovers fault when its not designed to ride like that.

mine are really stiff but ive gotten used to it and its a HUGE upgraydd over ebay coilovers.
                        Super stiff springs are dangerous on public roads. When your car has the road-handling abilities of a skateboard, you can find yourself in serious trouble when you need to be able to properly handle/brake on a rough patch.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                          i think they ride pretty decent. and true the handling is impressive. we must have pretty smooth roads here in the atl compared to other parts of the u.s. later.
                          Streets around here will eat your car whole...lol
                          I hit a pothole today, hidden by water....

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

I have the full coilovers. Daily drive into DC for work. They are pretty stiff and the quality isn't the best( One of the rears has had an annoying squeak to it whenever it is cold out) but they get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                              Point taken. I am going to stick to my part out anyways and use the old suspension off my other CB's and save me the money then (Koni Yellows and Neuspeed Race Springs)
                              Yea that is pretty much one of the best combos. Only way to improve on that would be to replace the Neuspeeds with Skunk2 lowering springs (NOT sleeves) or Neuspeed Sports, if you have any kind of rough roads.

I have had a few coilover setups as well. I actually really liked my Nex SS coilovers on my blue Maxima. I had the thing a good 3" lower than stock easy, but it still rode nicely, handled decently (not great but the car was a boat) and wasn't too much $$$. Nex is still cheap Taiwanese crap, but they are different from other coilovers because they use twin tube shocks instead of monotube shocks, which is more in line with a conventional street shock and enables better ride quality. Their adjustable shocks (GTs) also have "only" 4 levels of adjustment, which is actually a good thing- "32 way" adjustable shocks are rarely calibrated or tuned right, and just create more problems than solutions.

End of the day though Omnipowers are way too stiff for the street even if they had great shocks- Accord's noodly chassis can't take that kind of abuse and the motion ratios just don't require such hard springs.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X