fleetw00d : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    At least you and any construction workers in the area are okay. Admittedly, those of us in the heavy civil construction industry don't always do a great job of considering civilian drivers and pedestrian traffic when staging and closing up work areas. I know you to not be a man of dishonesty, but if you do feel the fault was on the contractor for poor site management in regard to equipment placement, make phone calls. If not, at least it's all fixable.
    My fault completely. I was coming up (southbound) the center leg of a "T" intersection, no stop sign for cross traffic (both roads just two lane), thinking about everything I had to do that day, not paying enough attention to driving. I looked west and east to see if anyone was coming. One car coming from both directions, but far enough away that I could stop and go in plenty of time. What I didn't see (There was some snow and fogging on the windshield, but no excuse) was the plow just coming to the intersection to turn left in front of me. I stopped, then pulled out and hit his plow; he did all he could to avoid me. No damage to the plow. Not so subtle (but as you say, easily fixable) reminder to be more understanding when my family has similar events (wife in Feb. 2013, daughter in Oct. 2014).
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-03-2015, 10:27 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

So, what's her name?

The Facebook group

Comment

Goes by Rose. Tried to stay with gems, but other red gemstone names didn't seem to work. So she joins Ruby (90 LX), Silver (93 LX), Jade (93 EX sedan), and we never did come up with a real name for the 93 LX CB9, simply known as "The Wagon".
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Last weekend picked up an OEM fender and headlight at the JY; new aftermarket bumper cover from LKQ. Removed all the damaged parts today. It is amazing that all the bolts and nut plates still have their original colors. Swapped the original headlight lens (it is clearer) and adjusting hardware from the broken bracket to the new bracket.

I'll take the fender and cover to the body shop for paint. Scheduled officially for next week, but if I take it early they may be able to work it in.
          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

They were updating their paint booth last week, so Wednesday it is. Fit the new headlight assembly and straightened out the outboard headlight bracket/fender mounting point. Cleaned and waxed the area behind the headlight assembly.

Jarrett inspired me to break out the Simple Green and start cleaning the engine bay. Started with the underside of the hood, it was a light tan color (on a Bordeaux Red car). Doesn't show well in the pictures. Got it cleaned and half of it waxed.

Comment

Got the fender and bumper cover back from paint. Put it all back together. Paint matches well, except they didn't mask the two openings in front, everything is red except the rub strip. The bumper cover fits, but not quite like OEM. I had to sand down the seam and the mounting tab on the turn signal to get it to fit in the right side of the bumper. Cleaned up the window washer tank/pump while I had the bumper off.

Comment

Not because I own one, but this is a beautifully designed ride, the only annoying thing I found about it is, how crammed the engine bay is, but this isn't a problem if you have an engine arm lifter.

it also saved my life when I had a very harsh accident last winter. I feel proud to see your fleet

Comment

Out and about the other day, broke down and used a Mike' Car Wash instead of by hand.

Yeah, I know, beam sticking out of the roof!

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 05-11-2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

This as close as we may ever get to a totally restored cb7. Thanks for posting some new pics fleetwood.
                    CB7TUNER.com
                    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

shes so pretty. I like that you have the pinstripe.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                        This as close as we may ever get to a totally restored cb7. Thanks for posting some new pics fleetwood.
                        Note that this is my 92 EX coupe, not Ruby (90 LX sedan). This one is a survivor, most if it is original other than the front shocks, right front fender, and front bumper cover. Still has the original exhaust system on it.

Edit: I had to replace the radiator as well last fall.
                        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-08-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                          Note that this is my 92 EX coupe, not Ruby (90 LX sedan). This one is a survivor, most if it is original other than the front shocks, right front fender, and front bumper cover. Still has the original exhaust system on it.
                          oh damn, now I'm jealous, so many nice cb's
                          CB7TUNER.com
                          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Finally found a sunroof today to replace the cracked one. Visited three salvage yards: in the first, they stack the cars two high and very close to one another, if you want something, they'll disassemble the stack; they destroy most of the body parts doing this. The second (also along the Ohio River) is where I found a 91 EX coupe with the sunroof glass intact. I looked under the hood of the three CB7s there - it was obvious the river had been up in (and over) the yard.

Also found a set of Acura CL floor mats a couple weeks ago in reasonable shape that seem to fit the CB fairly well; just need to Oxy Clean and power wash them.
                            Last edited by Fleetw00d; 12-20-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I don't understand yards that stack cars. It tells me that there's enough income to be made solely in the scrap value of the vehicle to cover operating costs and profit margin, that anything they might sell off the car is just a bonus.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If you ever want to sell one of those beauties or come across a charcoal 91 lx sedan, message me.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Working...
                                X