No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite a few nice looking cars at that show. Your CB fits right in there. It looks to show very well for a classic Honda with tasteful upgrades.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks Ghost.

Anywho... change of story on Sally.

- She does not have a slipping clutch. Tuner changed his mind on this. States that after looking into it more closely the tires were spinning on the dyno. He got her up to 420WHP and spinning the tires at 6500rpm. Recommends a wider tire and something software (I will admit the current tires are a really hard compound)

- All clutch specs and installation was done proper. So no issues there. I think I'm going to adjust the pedal closer to the floor again, just a wee bit.

- Tuner put new 1000CC plugs in, and deleted resistor box. On the way home she sure spins 3rd no problem, left a 20' black mark getting on the highway. But something is wrong.., running way to lean... like 16.5 a/f , and this will need to be looked at.

- Tuner also wants a meth kit installed to go with more HP.

So....... goal now is to collect some $$$ for next summer and then try to hit 500HP. For now we are back around the 400HP mark...

Comment

Glad to hear it wasn’t your twin disk! I too eventually plan to introduce meth. I was looking into cooling mist but they have moved to the UK. Snow Performance seems pretty good as well. 420 is still awesome numbers for a FWD.

16.5 is high I’m assuming that’s while in boost? You should be around 12.8-13.2 ish while in boost.
        Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-22-2019, 10:39 PM.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Ya, 16.5 A/F while driving down the highway....

Tuner and I both confused. He stated car ran fine when they had it and on the dyno / highway. I am confused as to why I'm seeing 16.5 A/F. Even on a short run I did the other day. Fine on WOT but just cruising... something is not right.

62mph, TPS 19%, 2500rpm, and a lamda of 1.14.....

Tuner noted it shouldn't be doing that, he didn't modify the tables that much.

I opened the trunk today for the first time since i got it from the shop
          ( i'm thinking these two things are related... )

Anywho... on the weekend I was helping a friend with his cb7. (He's not on here and has had many cb7s.) He's doing a H22 install on this 92 coupe ex. My job was to solder / run the 3 extra wires for the knock, VTEC solenoid & VTEC pressure switch

There was 3 of us, put in a good 5-6 hours. Still a lot of work to do...time to go home.......

(Oh, does anyone remember how wide of a tire we can use. I believe it's 225?)

Comment

You can put a 235 on the front. But the back a 235 will just barely rub the knuckle, so a 225 should be good on the rear.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
              You can put a 235 on the front. But the back a 235 will just barely rub the knuckle, so a 225 should be good on the rear.
              hmmm i already have a rubbing issue with 215 on the rear (+lowered +camber). So think I'll try 225s on the front though.

Comment

Weeeellll..... I fixed the battery and went for a cruise and ... i still have an issue. & I ... don't know the answer. Man this errks me when I can't figure stuff out.

Here's 3300rpm, 55mph, 4th gear, cruising.... @ 16.6+ A/F
                Been lean & mean since I got it back. .....

Comment

Well problem solved. Tuner forgot some checks and re-tuned some of the high end. She's back to a nice 400WHP, laying black marks in 3rd and fun to drive

Comment

What's Sally running in the quarter?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      What's Sally running in the quarter?
                      No idea. Never been to a drag strip. I'm hesitant to go as I would need to drive her there, abuse her and then drive home. (No truck and trailer). Technically I could have someone time me while in the car I guess....?

Comment

I'm pretty sure an app would work

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                          I'm pretty sure an app would work
                          Well....... now you have me excited....

Comment

Ya.. i didn't get a chance to try that out yet. That time of the year, by the time I get home traffic is horrible and it's almost dark. Hopefully this weekend I'll have time. I did decide there are some hacks I still want to do and things I want to repair..

- install the rad upper braided hose
                            - install the LED light switches
                            - level the spoiler and fix paint spots around the car

.... pic i took today...

Comment

Replaced the PS pump today. Straight forward and fixed the issue...

The old

Compare parts. In this case the outlet was smaller diameter. Meh..

Fini

& for Sonic! Just left the app running and did two pulls when no-one around on the road. Guess this is the best of them. Was spinning 1st and 2nd for sure, i was throttling it at high rpms, WOT in 3rd. I'm assuming it's semi-accurate..

Last edited by Raf99; 10-25-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                                Weeeellll..... I fixed the battery and went for a cruise and ... i still have an issue. & I ... don't know the answer. Man this errks me when I can't figure stuff out.

Here's 3300rpm, 55mph, 4th gear, cruising.... @ 16.6+ A/F
                                Been lean & mean since I got it back. .....
                                Hey! this is the fuel change setting I was talking about.
                                You can see where all that red/yellow/orange area was with a positive
                                percentage number was indicating you needed a little bit of fuel in that
                                area. If you look towards the bottom right corner of the map you can see
                                negative percentage numbers, which means fuel could be pulled if you want.
                                Glad you guys figured out the lean issue on cruising.
                                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                                X