Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another H22 Head Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the head is also a lot easier to come by in case you blow it up or drop a valve.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
      Great site! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Airhonda92 View Post
        Great site! Thank you!
        definitely my favorite. i'm going to get almost everything thru bisi when i get the money for my build
        2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
        The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
        August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

requesting flow numbers between stock and modified f22a head

how is putting an h22 head on an f22 block unreliable? If your not an idiot and you do things right, you wont have a problem.
          www.850fab.com
          IG - @850Fab
          FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

I have yet to see flow numbers for the stock head, but I've heard from both Bisimoto and HondaFan81 (who relayed information from his porter about the F22A's ability to flow... the guy was actually surprised by it!)

Stock vs. modified would be a good thing to have on hand, though!

As for being unreliable... it's the person doing the work that is the biggest factor. If you're on here asking how to do it, you probably don't have what it takes to do it right. If you are familiar enough with engine building to figure it out on your own, while asking questions about certain details, THEN you might be able to make it work.

Still, the amount of effort, and potential reliability issues (for whatever reason) really isn't justified by the amount of power that comes from the swap. Many people say "oh, the H22 has FRM sleeves, and FRM sleeves are bad!", which is their reason for swapping to an iron sleeved block... but that's idiotic. FRM sleeves are very strong, and if you want to put forged pistons into a stock-sleeved block (why, I would never know...) then there are options.

The only reason to do this is to be different. And it's not all that different anymore.

Comment

there are flow numbers for the f22 head, im pretty sure cisco has them...

FRM sleeves are good but with high mileage they can wear pretty bad and the fact that you can only go .010 over is kinda crap. plus, more expensive to machine and you need to find a shop that will touch it.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

If you're going to run forged internals, why not just sleeve the block? Another $1000... yes... but still. Worth it to do it RIGHT!

Comment

because if you're only putting 300hp you dont need sleeves. use that 1k on a blockguard and good tune + meth injection.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by immeraufdemhund View Post
                    Well the only thing that lets the h22 rev so high is that it comes with duel springs stock. The f22 is just a single spring on the valve train. If your going to want to rev (which i assume you will because your using a turbo) than your going to want to upgrade your valve train to a double (if not a triple) spring set up, with some sodium filled (or better) valves. Upgrade your valve guides as well. Do some research on building up a head. Having a built up head will be less of a "head" ache in the end. Bottom end work is important but so is top end.
                    Most everything you stated is wrong. The reason why the h22 can rev higher is because, most notably, is the shorter stroke. the cams are also designed to have a powerband in the higher operating range. it has very little to do with the valve springs. A single spring upgrade for the f22 is more than enough. the head is single spring in nature and a double spring is not nessassary when upgrading to a boosted setup. and a triple valvespring setup?! come on now. And sodium filled valves are unessassary as well.

Originally posted by accordaremylife View Post
                    not really got my head for 75 bucks ported my self got the manifold for it for 25 used all my parts off my car ran fine
                    Porting yourself will never net the same results you think you are going to get.

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                    PM me

want 340whp?
                    f22a1 block
                    f22a1 crank
                    f22a1 rods
                    f22a1 pistons (NEW)
                    new rings (measure rings)
                    new bearings

h22 head
                    h22 usdm cams
                    skunk 2 pro 1 intake mani
                    ebay t3/t4 w mini shitty ram manifold

at 14psi and a good tune, do it please
                    i did 315 hp reliably on a bone stock f22a4

Ultimately from what I've researched this head wont have problems with 10+ psi and 300+ hp... I will research building the F22 head further... Any suggestions on places that specialize in SOHC head work? More aggressive cams, springs, etc??
                    The f22a head will support 475hp BONE STOCK!!(bisimoto valve springs only mod) I have tested and proved this myself on my own setup and found that the limitations on a boosted setup are more cam related due to crappy overlap on the OEM cam profile which essentially allowed any boost pressure over 21psi to flow through the head and not build any further.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

475hp is more than most people would EVER need on a street car. That's beyond the limit of reliable FWD traction.

Comment

we're not talking about traction right now, we're talking about cylinder heads and power.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Right. But when you can make 475hp with the stock F22A head, there's no need to do anything else (for anything but looks). You'll have a hard time using that 475hp, let alone more, if it's available.

If you want a dyno queen, and you can make more with a headswap, go for it... However, most people intend to drive the car that the engine is in... making my comment valid.

Comment

Good info. Dee you trust Bisi? I'm seriously considering buring parts from them with tax money to get this motor done! Another question, I have the crank from my F22, would that support the horse I'm looking to run?? Or should I do all new?

Comment

if you can have someone magnaflux the crank, that would be ideal. bisimoto is reputable, ive bought valve springs from him.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Good info. Dee you trust Bisi? I'm seriously considering buring parts from them with tax money to get this motor done! Another question, I have the crank from my F22, would that support the horse I'm looking to run?? Or should I do all new?
                                The banner in the top righthand corner of the page:

Yes, I trust Bisi.

The F22 crank is quite strong. It should hold up to quite a bit of power. Of all the moving parts in a Honda engine, the crank is usually the least likely to break.

Comment

Working...
                                X