Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

K20a2 swap into cb7?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K20a2 swap into cb7?

Has it been done yet? What kind of problems would u expect to run into? I have a h22 ready to be put in but a buddy has a wrecked type s and i thought that would be a cooler swap.
    MIKE KOLODIEJ #11

Originally posted by gtaboy24 View Post
    Has it been done yet? What kind of problems would u expect to run into? I have a h22 ready to be put in but a buddy has a wrecked type s and i thought that would be a cooler swap.
    if you have an h22 ready to drop in, then do it. the k20's can not be put into cb7 with out modification to the mounts made for the k24. save you self time and money. do the h22 swap.
    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Your totally right. I am still waiting for jdm trans I ordered it yesterday. As soon as it gets here I am doin the swap. I just thought k20 would be xcrazy fast in cb7.
      MIKE KOLODIEJ #11

Comment

K series swaps into our chassis is a pita. Plain and simple. Unless you've got the time and money for custom fab, you're better off doing the Fdohc or H series swaps, they're becoming less and less expensive now, with a good clutch and flywheel makeover it's possible to use your existing trans granted it's in healthy shape, and I hear it's actually a fun swap to do. Keep us updated on your decision

life is good.

Comment

x2 definately just stick with the h swap and build it. k swap will be too much work but would be pretty nice to roll around in...isk in my opinion, just a waste of money and a lot of time...i love h bombs and if i were you would just drop it in and be ready to roll

Comment

I've done a lot of research lately, and i would agree w/ everyone that the K swap prolly isnt the best option... the H literally drops right in, and a couple wires, and your ready to go. Be sure to keep us updated on the swap,
            91 EX Coupe 5 Speed
            My Ride Thread

ASE Certified Master Tech Since 2005

Originally posted by deevergote
            That's like watching a guy stick his head up his own ass. Impressive... but why?
            Bought From: Quakerjoe , MikeW

Comment

SlamedAccord21

You rite about ALL the h22 but the kseries is a much better swap the H22 rev it suckz am going K on my car regardless cuz i knw in the long run i wont have to worry about any MAJOR problems!!!
              [B]Tegojr21[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by tegojr21 View Post
                You rite about ALL the h22 but the kseries is a much better swap the H22 rev it suckz am going K on my car regardless cuz i knw in the long run i wont have to worry about any MAJOR problems!!!

Do they speak english in what?

Comment

I'm closing this to avoid any more dumbass replies like that one... The OP has his answer.

Comment

Working...
                  X