Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord ex p/s delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord ex p/s delete

I really want to take out my power steering pump. I've repaired it tons of times and replaced the belt (and the pump itself) at least 3 times over the past 8 months. Plus I want my bay to look a little better. I already know it'll be a pain to turn and parking will be a fail but I don't drive this car. I don't depend on this car.

Okay so now that we got that out of the way, how do I delete my p/s? I want to take everything out, hoses, reserve, pump, and run a shorter belt since I won't have the pump anymore. (Anyone know the length I need?)

If someone could show me how to do all this with pictures or send me to a DIY delete guide I'd really appreciate it.

i deleted my p/s i just removed the Reservoir, pump, belt (noA/C)
    all the hard lines are still on the car but after about 4 months my rack and pinion is already making noise

Comment

i plan on getting a new rack and doing this to it before i install it so i dont have the same problem

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=steering

Comment

Yeah I figured that's all you do but I want to get rid of the hard lines too. How hard was it to steer without ps after you got deleted it?

Comment

ok to delete the ps just start by taking shit. you dont need a short beelt because the ps as its own belt (the ac share belt with the alt btw) to delete the hard line start by removing the bumper because theres one of the hard line behind the bumper also theres two hard lines on the vss body once you disconnect those than jack up the car put some jackstand to secure the car wont fall on you while your under and take the cover one the R&P 4X10mm bolt than unscrew the hard lines off the R&P and done....oh the hardlines are bolted down a different parts of the bay so look out for those before pulling on them

hope this help also you can leave the R&P with no pump or fluid but it will get damage down the road so it best to do the conversion to manual rack like the DIY link ( CISCOKID) posted so you dont damage the rack

i believe PRCB7 scale of feel was
          10 with PS
          3 without PS
          and 7 with the rack converted to manual(also there a adjustment setting if you do it this way)

Comment

Originally posted by heretoaskstuff View Post
            Yeah I figured that's all you do but I want to get rid of the hard lines too. How hard was it to steer without ps after you got deleted it?
            at anything lower than 10mph its annoying
            but i learned to get used to it, and i actually like the way it feels compared to p/s i feel like i have more control on curves and sharp turns

Comment

Originally posted by CISCOKID View Post
              at anything lower than 10mph its annoying
              but i learned to get used to it, and i actually like the way it feels compared to p/s i feel like i have more control on curves and sharp turns
              Well I could get used to that. Im just worried about looping the lines the wrong way or something lol. Like I don't really know exactly what line to loop into what.

Comment

Well I could get used to that. Im just worried about looping the lines the wrong way or something lol. Like I don't really know exactly what line to loop into what.
                dont loop the lines just convert the rack to manual looping the lines is just worthless

Comment

Originally posted by pupildel View Post
                  dont loop the lines just convert the rack to manual looping the lines is just worthless
                  I'm just going to loop them for now to hold off on buying a manual rack, plus it'll take me 2 weeks to have enough money left over from bills to buy one.

Comment

I'm just going to loop them for now to hold off on buying a manual rack, plus it'll take me 2 weeks to have enough money left over from bills to buy one.
                    itll be a waste of time to loop them
                    just remove the lines and save your money to do the conversion.. the r&p wiil go out sooner or later

Comment

you do know converting the R&P to manual it free right you dont have to buy shit except lobe....noone sell a manual rack and pinion for our cars btw
                      Last edited by pupildel; 09-19-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X