Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about F23xx vtec head on F22a4 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
    Some one should make a big giant sticky of WHY not to ask about making a F/H frankenstein
    Good sir, you may have inspired me!
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
      Some one should make a big giant sticky of WHY not to ask about making a F/H frankenstein
      I think PR CB7 should do it.

Comment

Sorry Deev, I already had let to go start it.

Here it is.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187140

It's in the performance section. It will be a work in progress.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

My post was a joke... Oscar and I have been arguing about hybrid swaps for years now...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The F22B1 has the same bore size as the A1, so that is better... but honestly, the F22B1 head is a downgrade from the F22A1. If you want VTEC, get an H22A. Don't waste your time with the SOHC VTEC.
            Turns out i was given the wrong name of the head, its actually an F22xx vtec head. Either way i agree with you im just gonna wait for my taxes (lord knows when that will come) and get the H22a with lsd tranny? Thanks Deev

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
              IIRC all USDM F22A/B/23's use the same cumbustion chamber size aswell as the h23's here in the states.

Also contrary to popular belief the F23 heads flow quite nicely it and the F22b flow even better on the exhaust side of things compared to the F22a. The F23 has just as much potential in my eyes as the F22a once modified the F22b is the bastard child.
              i guess ill just rebuild the F22 and keep it on the side or sell it

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I think PR CB7 should do it.
                sig material YESSSSSSS
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

on another note

in paper or theory mght not work but in real life it does

think about this....

when you bore a motor .50 over what headgasket do you use?
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

There are a few, (key word FEW), members on here who have seen some decent results through a frank build; though often these are turbo motors; actually a few of the best turbo build made public on this site are franked.
                    I have yet to read a sohc Vtec major build, (without turbo), that even comes close to the bang for the buck on an F22AX motor.

I once had a local buddy, (who has connections at all the local junkyards), offer me a freshly rebuilt h23 head, the f23 headgasket, timing belt, and an f22b dohc ecu, all for 100 dollars. This is close to 90% of the list required to do the H23 frank motor, the "Best" way, as built with a nice DIY by "WiKKeDV16". I looked for the DIY but I could not find it. But I went on the site and spent a few hours and found out that all this would accomplish was less than F22b dohc power. It is less because the f22b has higher compression pistons, 9.3 vs 8.8.

Since then I no longer understand the reason to frank these motors when the same effort and time that one could put into such a project, could easily be outdone by simple 1.5 level cam upgrade with an h23 intake mainfold, with this an ecu is not neccesary, but you should be running an A6 ecu at least.
                    If you want to go a bit deeper, you would have a very nice motor by swapping in raised compression pistons; nothing ridiculous, 9.5ish is decent, and still a huge upgrade over the 8.8 stock. You couple that with a level two cam, and an h-series tranny, and you will have a very nice combo, (Stick with the F-series tranny if you like acceleratig on the roll, or Highway MPG). but you would need a chipped ecu; Easier to get accomplished on here than some will have you believe, IF YOU MAKE THE RIGHT FRIENDS ON THIS SITE.

H22 is nice, also easier than rebuilding a motor, but when you pop the hood and people see the H, they go, oh its an H, no wonder. Nothing blows people's minds but to have been beaten by an f22ax that looks bone stock. All that being said, H22's look absolutley beautiful under the hood of a CB7, and sound nice too. ALSO, considering its a "Bolt On" 16-15 second 1/4 mile upgrade, its hard to match in the bang for the buck category, and also its super reliable. H22's can be found for cheaper, but you start to lose the reliablilty factor the cheaper you look, but sometimes you get lucky.

I drive a 94 accord Ex with an f22b1 vtec. My old 93 accord lx, (f22a1), with a p12 ecu, (honestly saw no difference when I added that ecu), f22b (dohc) Intake manifold, f22a4 exhaust manifold and downpipe, and stock exhaust was just as quick. And the stock listed HP numbers were 125 vs 145

There are MANY options that are all far better than an incorrect head swap for the f-series motors. If you are going to "frank" anything you should consider an h-series transmission. Its quicker off the line, however your highway MPG will suffer.

All of this info can be found on the site, its just waiting for people to search for it.
                    Last edited by KB7; 03-03-2012, 04:26 AM.
                    _

Comment

Working...
                    X