Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another CB3 carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
    nice ride bro. a carb f20a sweet.
    Thanx bro

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
    dude i want that carb ive never seen a carbed cb. how much would you want for it including shipping to the US

are you serious???

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
    Dime a dozen over here.

Yea the are aye, hard enough trying too find a EFI one over here.

Originally posted by cb3 vtec View Post
    nice bro
    Thanx bro
    I like you one too, good to see another carbied CB
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 10-05-2009, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
      damn bro you cb looks clean!
      hey BTW, how much hp are u pullin in that carb f20?
      why dont put there an h23 intake manifold? it'l give you power bro, instead of the carb.
      and welcome aboard dude!
      is it possible???how about h22a??

Comment

Originally posted by cb3 vtec View Post
        is it possible???how about h22a??
        Inlet Headports are a different shape on the carbed head

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Just spent time on here and researched till I built my carb turbo setup - it only lasted a few months before I blew the engine (due to lack of tuning ability with carbs), which is when I moved onto my current fuel injected CB and then swapped in a F22A.

BTW for those interested the carbed F20 is rated at 110hp and has no rev limiter

Just out of curiousity how hard was it to do the carb turbo set up?

Comment

very clean!!
            WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Very very clean! Looking forward to seeing your hotrodded carb setup.

Just for your knowledge, all US CB's came with fuel injected F22a's.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by (S)low CB View Post
                Just out of curiousity how hard was it to do the carb turbo set up?
                IMO alot harder than a fuel injected turbo setup.
                The carb turbo setup http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...emon_01&page=2 was alot more time consuming in reguards to the actual tuning.
                At best it was either great driveability OR great midrange/cruising OR great full throttle.
                Take your pick out of the 3.
                Driveability tuning meant a sluggish midrange/cruising, and poor running at full boost (because it was so lean)
                Midrange tuning meant shitty drivability/idle, and semi descent running in boost.
                Full throttle tuning meant a 2000rpm idle speed, sluggish midrange (because it was so rich) and a seriously bad fuel comsumption.

Honestly I wanted to be different by doing a carb turbo setup and the final results was a dead engine due to broken piston ringlands.
                Not to say it can't be done, just that it really does require serious time, knowledge and money to do it right and be reliable.

My carb turbo setup was a drawthrough type.
                Turbo_p did a blow through type but never finished it as far as I know.
                Last edited by evil_demon_01; 10-07-2009, 01:01 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  Very very clean! Looking forward to seeing your hotrodded carb setup.

Just for your knowledge, all US CB's came with fuel injected F22a's.
                  Thanks bro,
                  yeah i cant wait to get the carbs wont be for a while yet tho.

damn the're all injected .lucky buggers.

Comment

Originally posted by ONEKLEAN91 View Post
                    very clean!!
                    Thanks bro.
                    I like the white on white of your one

Comment

The carb turbo setup http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...emon_01&page=2 was alot more time consuming in reguards to the actual tuning.
                      At best it was either great driveability OR great midrange/cruising OR great full throttle.
                      Driveability tuning meant a sluggish midrange/cruising, and poor running at full boost (because it was so lean)
                      Midrange tuning meant shitty drivability/idle, and semi descent running in boost.
                      Full throttle tuning meant a 2000rpm idle speed, sluggish midrange (because it was so rich) and a seriously bad fuel comsumption.

Honestly I wanted to be different by doing a carb turbo setup and the final results was a dead engine due to broken piston ringlands.
                      Not to say it can't be done, just that it really does require serious time, knowledge and money to do it right and be reliable.

If there was a way you could put a Demon blow through carb on a modded manifold, I gaurentee it would be a hell of a lot better. Down side is the smallest is a 650. But yu could take a Holley 350 or 500 two barrel and mod it to make it a blow through.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                      "The Turtle"
                      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Thanks bro for the info, sounds a wee bit to technical for me to do myself, think i might just go for the twin carb setup( not too difficult) i need it to be reliable coz its my daily ride (60km return)

Comment

Here is some pics of the interior:

Comment

Originally posted by (S)low CB View Post
                            i like your shift boot! is that a retrofit?

also, what is underneath your radio? is it a slot? cupholder? compartment?
                            My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
                              i like your shift boot! is that a retrofit?

also, what is underneath your radio? is it a slot? cupholder? compartment?

Yes it a retro fit shift boot from a u13 nissan bluebird and the thing under the radio is a cup holder and a slide out compartment also from the bluebird
                              Last edited by (S)low CB; 10-12-2009, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                                If there was a way you could put a Demon blow through carb on a modded manifold, I gaurentee it would be a hell of a lot better. Down side is the smallest is a 650. But yu could take a Holley 350 or 500 two barrel and mod it to make it a blow through.

might try putting on a Weber 32/36 Carburetor got one spare floating around home somewhere
                                just have to make up a manifold for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X