Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

better sway bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better sway bars

I have a 91 accord ex and I'm wanting to put better sway bars on my car. I know some of the newer accords you can use the sway bars from the tsx, but are there any cars that I could pull the sway bars from that will fit on my accord?

'94-'97 Accord EX

'92-'94 Acura Vigor

'97-'99 Acura CL

possibly the '96-'98 Acura 2.5/3.2TLs (the rear ones do for sure)
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

which would i see the most difference from how my car is now

Comment

From what I have read, the best bet for better Sway bars would be ST or Progressive. It seems most people on CB7 that I have researched like the ST bars, but you need to drill two holes on both sides to make them fit.

You would also have to give us information about your suspension to be able to give sound advice about what would give you the best results. Along with that what are your goals with your car? Is it just for street? like track or auto-x? Full blown racer?
        Last edited by axle; 02-19-2013, 03:01 AM.
        My MRT

White Devil Owned by Axle
        Go Fast or Suck

Comment

It's a stock ex for now. Just street driven. I will be putting on some skunk2 coilover struts after I get some more stuff together. I would think about doing an aftermarket sway bars but I just don't have the money be able to. This weekend I'm going to be getting the rear trailing arms from another accord that has rear disc brakes and not drums and it will he easier if I could find a better sway bar, then my stock one, at the junkyard.

Comment

Unless you have an LX wagon then your rear drum Accord doesn't even have a rear sway bar. If you get the rear suspension off of another Accord to get rear discs then get the sway bar also. Or, get the suspension like planned and get the rear sway bar from one of the above listed cars.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              Unless you have an LX wagon then your rear drum Accord doesn't even have a rear sway bar. If you get the rear suspension off of another Accord to get rear discs then get the sway bar also. Or, get the suspension like planned and get the rear sway bar from one of the above listed cars.
              If this true then what is the bar that runs from side to side in the back and everyone says that the EX has a rear sway bar?

Comment

I have a progress rear sway I love it, also if you have Ex then you should have a oem sway bar

Comment

My bad. I thought I remembered from your first post you saying you had an LX. I was actually posting this in my 6:00 AM meeting from my phone with it under the table.

You're right. You already have a sway bar. It's a 14mm. The ones I listed are 16mm. You can also get some Urethane bushings for the Accord and drill them out to 16mm, which is what I did. I'm also in the process of developing some solid end links for rigidity.

Comment

It's okay. Will the front be bigger also for those cars?

Comment

In the ones I was sure of. What makes you think you need a bigger front bar, though?

Comment

Nothing I was just thinking about grabbing a front one also for a little better handling.

Comment

Originally posted by demigtod View Post
                          Nothing I was just thinking about grabbing a front one also for a little better handling.
                          IIRC, stiffening the front will increase understeer on the cb7. You don't want to do this because the car already has excessive understeer. Therefore, a rear swaybar will decrease understeer. If you want more neutral handling (no oversteer or understeer), then you will just need a bigger/stiffer rear sway bar.

Comment

Ok what would be a good way that I can get better cornering, and where the car doesn't lean as much?

Comment

A good quality spring and shock combination or a set of coilovers. And making sure all of your bushings and ball joints are good.

Comment

Working...
                              X