so i pretty much got life figured out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i pretty much got life figured out

I thought about putting this in the photography section but im NoPro so, here I shall post. just wanted to share this real quick is all

GoPro adjustable wrist strap

1 length of wire
    1 crimp on ring terminal for your selected gauge of wire
    bit of shrink tubing
    1 zip tie

crimpers
    needle nose
    scissors
    fire/heat

for my ring terminal I had to open it up to fit my wire. and I like a tight crimp.

heat shrink on before you crimp the terminal on

heat shrink and add zip tie not too tight but just tight enough

not meant to be swung on but it works. im using it for scuba diving. just don't want to drop my camera underwater, and don't want to use the head strap and miss something cool because I wasn't looking at it the right way.
    Last edited by Quashish; 09-08-2013, 10:31 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

This would have been great, except the thread title is a huge fail.

Comment

wow man, you did something that a 12 year old could do. did you also figure out how to tie shoe laces as well?
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Guys be nice, his life is now complete. Rest easy my friend, I got your tombstone.

Go Pro Lanyard: Check

Comment

Haha Yeah Maaaaan that's all I'm saying. I could die happy right now. I beat the corporate gopro system. So basically im fulfilled.

And i haven't tied my shoes since Like 3rd grade. Tie them under the tongue, then you just slip them on like a baws.

The title was supposed to be a joke. If i was serious idk i probably wouldve put it in the diy thread. I really do appreciate the smart assness wed3k i laughed at all the comments.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Life's gonna get really hard when the stress from the constant back and forth motion and saltwater corrodes that terminal over time and next thing you know you're on an open water dive and your wrist gets considerably lighter. Consider getting a good thin boating rope and tie a bowline knot in it.

or

Go to a local motorcycle shop and purchase a master link for a chain, much thicker and stronger than that POS electrical connection.

Not trying to be an a-hole but you didn't think that original design through. May last a dive or two but it has it's flaws. Just don't want to see a fellow diver lose a good piece of equipment to save a few bucks.

Comment

I would've soldered the wire to the o-ring, then heat shrinked it.

Nice design though either way.
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Yeah if i was going to use it on a regular basis i would use rope or something. I just needed it for this trip. Went snorkeling for like an hour is all.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Working...
                X