1157 led cree bulbs that work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1157 led cree bulbs that work?

I don't mean to post a where can i buy thread, this is more than that. Has anyone found an 1157 bulb in an led cree projector, or any good led bulb that actually works?

Ive tried two different kinds and neither worked like an 1157.

I did read through the led conversion thread at the top of the section.

I want one's people are sure to see in the day.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
    I don't mean to post a where can i buy thread, this is more than that. Has anyone found an 1157 bulb in an led cree projector, or any good led bulb that actually works?

Ive tried two different kinds and neither worked like an 1157.

I did read through the led conversion thread at the top of the section.

I want one's people are sure to see in the day.
    I bought these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-20pcs-1w...item3cbf3c7cca

and made this to test some things..

its bright as f***

this pic kinda sucks showing how bright it is because of the cam's flash. but its blinding..its running off a half dead 3C 2500 LiPo

I doubt the MTBF because its generic china made..but I got 20 for like 15 bucks..so..if needed the led could be desoldered but they definitely need a heatsink

Have you perused superbrightleds's site? Thats who ill go through when I change all the bulbs over to led, besides the home brew stuff Ill use these that I got.
    Last edited by illinois_erik; 01-18-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I like the cree 4 pins for brake lights. Some protoboard, resistors, 555, Sharp regulator and you can have a bright as hell set up.

Not quite as bright as Erik's though...I suggest superbright too for plug n play stuff.

OT: That would be good to crank up when the asshole in the lifted truck behind you has his brights on

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I retrofitted my 3rd brake light with leds. So building something isn't a problem really, but these are for my bumper lights 92 93. So i would have to make it fit for the most part inside the diffuser box.

Unless i wanted to just build a board, seperate the lense, remove the diffuser, glue it in place and just have wired to an 1157 base, with half of the leds dead until i signal.

Idk if i want to spend time and money doing all that if it doesn't work. I was hoping for more plug n play. But i might have to test this on a small scale

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
          I retrofitted my 3rd brake light with leds. So building something isn't a problem really, but these are for my bumper lights 92 93. So i would have to make it fit for the most part inside the diffuser box.

Unless i wanted to just build a board, seperate the lense, remove the diffuser, glue it in place and just have wired to an 1157 base, with half of the leds dead until i signal.

Idk if i want to spend time and money doing all that if it doesn't work. I was hoping for more plug n play. But i might have to test this on a small scale
          problem too are the LED's fizz out(esp. from extreme automotive conditions. ie: freezing cold to brake cycling will probably kill standard leds fast. I dont know if theres like an auto-grade spec for leds) and then youre stuck undoing everything..
          im kinda letting a cat out of the bag here, but have you considered laser diodes?

Comment

If you could defract and diffuse a laser beam enough to fill the housing, that would be cool...might steal this idea...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
            X