Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

J32 Swap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J32 Swap???

Is it possible to do a v6 J32 swap into a cb? I know anything is possible with enough time and money but has anybody done it. Just curious about all this.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

It has the room for it. The only problem would be getting the axles perfect really. The rear mount would be kind of difficult in my opinion.
    Testing your knowledge and your wits.
    Need 10th anniversary wheel center caps. PM if you have them

Comment

anybody ever do it?

Comment

It has never been done as far as anyone on this forum knows.

But it has been measured, planned out, and there are a few members saying that they're working on it.

EVERYTHING would have to be custom, but it is certainly doable. If you can fab the mounts, axles, wire harnesses, and anything else that has to be changed, then you can do it... or if you can afford to have that done for you. There shouldn't be any significant changes to the car itself to pull it off, though.

Comment

im pretty sure you can i saw it in a civic so i could imagin accord

Comment

There are threads in the technical forum about it. Some of the more knowledgeable members here have gone into considerable detail discussing it.

Comment

ok thanks deev

Comment

K-1 Attack / accord cradle TL J32 transplant

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                There are threads in the technical forum about it. Some of the more knowledgeable members here have gone into considerable detail discussing it.
                ~~~
                This may have been discussed already [sorry...newbie here], but has anyone done an engine transplant of a J32A1 TL Acura 3.2 engine & tranny into a 1990 Accord??? more so, ONTO a 1990 Accord cradle!!!! I am building up an Attack K-1 [see link >>> [ attackforums.com ] that is already designed for a donor cradle from this early 90's Accord .... I have a 2003 TL engine/tranny/wiring/ECU/etc. available that I want to use vs. the H22 that has been normally used in this car.... I'm using a 1998 Legend front suspension assembly [w/new coilover setup the Attack is designed for] and want the drive shaft to align correctly, etc. and want to see if anyone has used the TL's mounts on the Accord cradle.......... the OBD-II wiring/mods will not be an issue, as I did a F355 Ferrari kit car conversion using a 1998 Grand Prix 3.8 V6 a few years back [now For Sale here in Denver on craigslist to make room for the Attack project .. ] .... any assistance is appreciated ........... "

Comment

Originally posted by DuxF355 View Post
                  ~~~
                  This may have been discussed already [sorry...newbie here], but has anyone done an engine transplant of a J32A1 TL Acura 3.2 engine & tranny into a 1990 Accord??? more so, ONTO a 1990 Accord cradle!!!! I am building up an Attack K-1 [see link >>> [ attackforums.com ] that is already designed for a donor cradle from this early 90's Accord .... I have a 2003 TL engine/tranny/wiring/ECU/etc. available that I want to use vs. the H22 that has been normally used in this car.... I'm using a 1998 Legend front suspension assembly [w/new coilover setup the Attack is designed for] and want the drive shaft to align correctly, etc. and want to see if anyone has used the TL's mounts on the Accord cradle.......... the OBD-II wiring/mods will not be an issue, as I did a F355 Ferrari kit car conversion using a 1998 Grand Prix 3.8 V6 a few years back [now For Sale here in Denver on craigslist to make room for the Attack project .. ] .... any assistance is appreciated ........... "
                  if you want answers to your questions go post a thread in the technical section. itll bring in alot more answers than youll get here. this thread is really old.

Comment

just an FYI ... you should be able to use a lot of the stock parts from the CL just minor modifications would have to be done...

in the process in getting most everything to attempt this... won't have the complete motor but just a mock up... to make sure the axles and motor mounts will be in the right place and a good fitment !! doing this J/Y style !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

If a J32 can be fitted in a EJ/EG/EK civic,why not in a CB accord???An H22 fit tight in a civic but got plently of space in a CB... I think everything is possible whit some money,times and patience!

MY RIDE PAGE 2010:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=163097
                      2009:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=146532

Comment

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
                        if you want answers to your questions go post a thread in the technical section. itll bring in alot more answers than youll get here. this thread is really old.
                        I believe he was quoting a thread that was already made about this subject.

Comment

all you need is money and the mind set to do it. Patience and fabrication skills will also help.

Comment

DONE ... my J32a1 in an Attack K1

Originally posted by Gold DA9 View Post
                            all you need is money and the mind set to do it. Patience and fabrication skills will also help.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~****************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            well it is done ....... not that much cash & some fabrication required [mount & frame mods in my case...]; hardest part was determining axle centerline locations.
                            check out my build pix here>>>>
                            http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...pyder%20Build/

NSX front calipers on the rear 5-bolt TL hubs, etc.

Comment

if they can do it in a integra im sure it can be done on a cb.
                              Last edited by tommi; 09-15-2010, 02:24 PM.
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                              X