Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Offical OEM Mods thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technically the '94-'97 rear knuckles are the same as the '91-'93 wagon knuckles and space the two control arms 30mm apart. The '96-'98 TL, '97-'99 CL and Vigor share this same knuckle as well. In fact, it seems that the '90-'93 Accord sedan and coupe were the only ones to get the wimpy rear knuckle. Less unsprung weight, I guess.

Edit for additional clarification***

What I mean is that the two points that the rear lower control arms attach to the bottom of the knuckle are 30mm apart from each other from front to back. I am not talking about the 15mm taller rear hub of the '96-'98 2.5TL, '97-'99 CL or Vigor which, when added together gives a 30mm wider wheelbase in the rear. The 30mm increase being the same number in both places is just coincidental.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 08-11-2012, 05:27 PM.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Technically the '94-'97 rear knuckles are the same as the '91-'93 wagon knuckles and space the two control arms 30mm apart. The '96-'98 TL, '97-'99 CL and Vigor share this same knuckle as well. In fact, it seems that the '90-'93 Accord sedan and coupe were the only ones to get the wimpy rear knuckle. Less unsprung weight, I guess.
      Hmm. Interesting to know. I've got a rear disc setup from a CD5 to swap onto my coupe.

DA steering wheel is direct fit for 90-91 cars, just requires 2 washers on the steering shaft so it doesn't rub the steering column trim, just like a Prelude wheel. Also, just wire up your cruise/horn wires and it'll work. It's better than the Prelude wheel swap as you don't have to swap the clock reel, just use the CB one. Shown installed in my wagon:
      Last edited by crazymikey; 08-11-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Phxcb7; 08-12-2012, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Okay people, this thread is for OEM modifications which means parts that are compatible with our cars from other cars. This is usually other Honda/Acura cars but not specifically limited to them in the case of Mikey's cup/coin holder. This thread is cleaned up often enough and another sweep will be coming before long if not a major restructuring to make it more informative.

Also, Mikey put a picture of a Legend sedan lip installed on his car in the very first picture so we don't need to see any more. That's what the lip FAQ or your member's ride thread is for.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Steering column swap for fully functioning 2009 Acura Tl steering wheel minus airbag.

1st gen Acura CL steering column, 01 Accord switch holder, 2003 Accord cable reel, 1st gen CL/90 Accord hybrid wiper switch, 1st gen Cl ignition switch with 90 accord key and tumblers. 1st gen Cl ignition harness and 90 accord light/wiper harness.
            Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

91 civic steering wheel i had to cut the plastic steering thing to make it fit but ill be buying a new one and modify it to make it more flush here soon lol

legend lip - 90-91 accord grill

ik my car is dirty havent had time to clean it
              Last edited by 92a6; 08-14-2012, 04:09 PM.
              MRTvvv
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

Comment

I'm sure you could have used washers on the steering shaft to eliminate cutting the steering column shroud.

And damn, I've seen cleaner interior at the JY. Make some time and clean that. Wow. That's seriously disgusting.

Comment

I live on a dirt road and a brother who won't clean up his mess. And washers wouldent have worked cuz it needed to down on there all the way
                  MRTvvv
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

Comment

There are quite a lot of mods here to draw some inspiration from . Can't wait to get back to my CB and add some of these to mine

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post

4G Prelude steering wheel, 4G Prelude shifter assembly with DA Integra shift boot and stock CB knob, SE dash, SE carpet, rear shelf & speaker pods.

Just a correction. This steering wheel is actually from a 3rd Gen Prelude (from 87 to 91) not 4th Gen as stated in the picture.

How do I know? Because I have one....well im a car collector so I have two of these steering wheels along with the car's they are attached to . Yes I have 2 preludes (one real JDM top of the range and a AUDM rare top of the range "Cita Lux Ed").

It is the chassy code BA 3/4/5/7. It is the pop up head light model with 4ws availability (not the fixed head light generation that came after, nor the pop up head light version that preceeded this generation with no 4ws option).

More specifically this particular one in the picture came from the 91 (last year model) which is the face lifted version (or some call 2nd Edition) models. The previous ones (87 to 90) had a square Honda emblem, but would possibly just as likely fit just the same.
                      Last edited by JDMDriver; 08-18-2012, 07:37 AM.
                      Rides:

Accord
                      92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                      96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                      88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                      95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                      91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Thank you for the correction. Yes, this is a 1991 Prelude steering wheel.

I remember, I got it out of a red 2.0i coupe.

I had the older more square style too.

Should also mention Preludes came with airbags, 1992 onwards.
                        Last edited by crazymikey; 08-18-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X