Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 pc headlight source, too good to be true?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the guys username was the_take_shop and it looks like he has another identical set up!! they are at $112 right now... bid!!!! lol http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2430297661

this guy is from japan, he has a bunch of jdm stuff on his auction list. dont be scared to buy from him, hes good... and my lights are good.

*edit* $84 shipping total is still less than usual.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 09-10-2003, 12:17 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

o those r so sexy i like the chrome piece that goes around them

Comment

that cb7 in the ebay ad was my inspiration... all white sedan w/ clear bumper lenses and 90-91 chrome trim headlights... sidemarkers... 94ex rims... mmmmmm. i love that car besides the lips and missing rim center caps, but damn.

Current cars:

Comment

JDM CB7 onepiece headlights

when i bought mine they did not come with the wiring harnesses or the rubber boots to protect the bulbs from water and dirt......if this the cause for anyone else just go to your local junkyard and find a nissan sentra with the rubber boots , not the plastic ones, and both the driving light and highbeam rubber boots will fit onto the JDM accord lights.....the driving light wiring harness from the sentra will fit also...as for the highbeam wiring harness i had mine made by the installer.......hope this helps someone......ps on the 92 coupe with JDM onepieces the grill does not quite match up to the headlights.......how to fix this problem i am not quite sure.....but i am going to junkyard soon to find a 90-91 front grill to see if fits better......anyone know a better idea?

Comment

Re: JDM CB7 onepiece headlights

Originally posted by revel
            on the 92 coupe with JDM onepieces the grill does not quite match up to the headlights.......how to fix this problem i am not quite sure.....but i am going to junkyard soon to find a 90-91 front grill to see if fits better......anyone know a better idea?
            i had the same problem w/ putting the 90-91's on my 93 sedan - i hear getting a 9091 grille works... let me know for sure if u try.

Current cars:

Comment

grill to fit

hey cpmike....ok for some reason i can log in as revel but i cant reply to any of the forum threads so i am also "92coupe" until i figure this out.....as for the grill i will hopefully be going this week so i will post the results soon.........

Comment

91 grill on 92coupe

well i went to the junkyard pulled off a 91 grille got home and tried to put it on....come to find out it also doesnt quite fit perfectly.....after some sanding of both the sides and the bottom it fits much better and looks pretty cool....now i just need to take off the chrome plating sand it some more and then paint it black to match the car......or maybe not....oh yeah all the important things line up ( the screw holes and the pins that lock into the headlights...

Comment

theyre are always new pairs of 1piece JDM Stanleys which can be bought new i have a supplier that sells them for about 550 i believe it was..

Comment

help!

I need a consstent source to find the one piece lights. did the oem headlights ever come with black housing
                    pest-cb7

Comment

Re: help!

Originally posted by jspec-cb7
                      I need a consstent source to find the one piece lights. did the oem headlights ever come with black housing
                      as i understand it, the jdm 1 piece headlights for the cb7 did not come w black housing. if you see/find a pair w black housing, it was a dyi.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Well? has anyone had any luck buying the headlights from them did they come with the chrome trim in their pic they are? or are they 92-93.. good find though

Comment

i love the ones i got from Japandy...they look great, had hardly any scratches, paid only $125 for em instead of $600-700 (of course shipping cost me $75), and i had no problems installing them, but the one thing i will say is

MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING THE RUBBER BULB COVERS FOR THE BACK OF THE HEADLIGHTS BECAUSE FINDING REPLACEMENTS WAS NOT EASY AT ALL....you cant buy them from anywhere new so you have to go to a junkyard and start opening every hood until you find all four covers...if anyone has this problem go check 90-93, i think it was, nissan sentras that is where i got all four of mine from......fit was a little snug but they haven't come off yet.....

and you can also get the H4 plugs to make the install a little easier...as for the H1 plugs...never could find them, mostly on Audi's and BMW's 2000 models so finding one in a junkyard is near impossible....but if anyone knows where to find H1 plugs please let me know so i can finally be completely done with this headlight conversion....minus the HID kit...i dont care if they are illegal now i still want em.....

Comment

About this flare situation... maybe I'm missing something, but isn't that just part of the way the lights are aimed? Or is it something that is built into the reflectors themselves? Does this effect low and highs? Would it perhaps be possible to swap reflectors for USDM reflectors, if say you were opening up the JDMs to make them black housing? I haven't pulled apart a set of these yet but was thinking of getting JDM one-piece lights eventually. If the light pattern is really not all that much better than USDM, and there's an issue with left side flare, I think I'll just get solid amber corners and call it a day.
                            -Ryan-

My life is rated R.

Comment

I kind of agree with you man, last thing I Want to happen is blind someone on the opposite side and they end up getting off the road or better yet hitting me.. However if you say this glare can be adjusted then I'll still try and get myself some 1 pc headlights.. but if the adjustment doesn't help too much, i'll just paint my headlights and go with ambers.. so.. how did you adjust your headlights?

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

that's nuts

that's one crazy price, I jus' got a pair, i hope its as good as people say.
                                -p@xTWO17
                                Seattle, WA

Comment

Working...
                                X