No announcement yet.

SUSP: Rear Strutbar Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After you're done tightening it on the ground....

If you put your car on a lift you can tighten it 3-4 more turns.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

^^^^really...to bad i dont have one. oh well

Comment

so wheres the DIY for the front strut bar and lower tie now?

Im just kidding but how could you not know what you need to do if you buy them?
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Nice DIY

Yeah, usually those upper bars are pretty self explanatory.

Did the front one before i even joined the site. Just line it up, to find out what bolts come off.

Remove.
          Place on bar.
          Replace bolts.
          Tighten.

Enjoy.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by slick
            so wheres the DIY for the front strut bar and lower tie now?

Im just kidding but how could you not know what you need to do if you buy them?
            im not to great with cars quite yet. im still learning so yea. i figured the upper was pretty self explanitory...but if u really want one...jp. on reason i did this was cause i wanted to do a DIY and i just happened to be getting a bar to do it with.

Comment

Hey I'll give you some props on your DIY since nobody else will.

But i will leave some advice too. If you make one cut from the front(the area behind the plastic cover) of the side interior pieces in the trunk and go to a hole that the bar can pass though it looks a lot cleaner. That is what I did on my old cd5. It is a little more time consuming but the cleanliness is worth it.

Anyway pretty good write up for your first time.
              vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by arcadiacb7
                Hey I'll give you some props on your DIY since nobody else will.

But i will leave some advice too. If you make one cut from the front(the area behind the plastic cover) of the side interior pieces in the trunk and go to a hole that the bar can pass though it looks a lot cleaner. That is what I did on my old cd5. It is a little more time consuming but the cleanliness is worth it.

Anyway pretty good write up for your first time.
                thanks. yea. i wasnt to sure on where the bolts were so i just started cutting. but oh well.

Comment

good write up ive had mines on for a while lol with the subs in the trunk lol

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

Great writeup with pics

I'll be installing mine this weekend
                    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                    ><((((º>

Comment

I just installed mine and with these instructions it was a breeze. Thanks GenD!
                      "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                      "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                      ><((((º>

Comment

Does the rear upper bar does any good for our cars?

Comment

Most likely, i want one along with a upper front and lower tie

Comment

Working...
                          X