Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a6 swap to f22b1 92cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a6 swap to f22b1 92cb7

Hey wats up cb7. Im doing my very first swap out o my blown engine with a 96 accord vtec 2.2. I got everything in except now im confused on where everything plugs and how to wire the dizzy.

Ive even gone as far as following this guide i found but it lacked info.

I also have all these extra plugs im not sure of an i cant remember where everything went.

From f22b1 block. Not sure what its for because it wasnt on my a6.

More plugs still clueless.

A little help is all i need before i see if this bad boy fires up! I also need to extend the fuel line. No clue how

i have these diagrams

The Alternator Wires.

Alt:
    OBDI | OBDII
    black+ yellow | black+ yellow
    white + blue | white + blue
    blue | white + red
    white + yellow | white + green.

i dont have all these colors on my harness.
    Last edited by Antwon619; 07-06-2012, 10:41 PM.

Follow the guide written by DarkCloud.
    The 96 engine is OBD2. You will need to convert it to OBD1.

Also, I believe you can use your F22A fuel rail and line, to eliminate the need to extend the line... I'm not 100% sure, though, as I've never done this swap (nor would i ever, I think the F22B1 is a crap motor...)

Comment

I did the same swap a few months ago... I just cut the fuel line about 3" from the banjo bolt and added somethin like 1"+ of fuel line, ran it from fuel filter on pass side down around intake mani to drive side hookup on fuel rail. and bought some fuel connectors and clamps from napa and BOOOYAA.

I used f22A dizzy/injectors BTW: MY F22B1 run like a champ!!! Way better than my old a1 with 300k.... It was well worth the work!
      Last edited by lil_d; 07-06-2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I also found labeling the plugs help alot if your not completely familiar with all of them...also used my original wire harness out my cb7 so the plugs on the dizzy would fit..by doing that I had to cut/splice my o2 sensor ...
        Last edited by lil_d; 07-06-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_d View Post
          I did the same swap a few months ago... I just cut the fuel line about 3" from the banjo bolt and added somethin like 1"+ of fuel line, ran it from fuel filter on pass side down around intake mani to drive side hookup on fuel rail. and bought some fuel connectors and clamps from napa and BOOOYAA.

I used f22A dizzy/injectors BTW: MY F22B1 run like a champ!!! Way better than my old a1 with 300k.... It was well worth the work!
          can you send me some pics of wat u did exactly? im lost on my dizzy wiring. i have a 92 accord ex harness and cant figure out how to wire the dizzy still. i have a 94 dizzy but it wont fit my 96.

Comment

here you go.......http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=f22b1

Comment

This could have been done much cleaner had you used the F22A harness and distributor and just added VTEC wiring to it.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I have an f22a dizzy an harness. Dizzy from a 94. Harness from a 92 cb7 ex 5speed. Darkclouds post doesnt help wit wiring

Comment

If your distributor is from a '94 then it's not an F22A.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

My block is clearly stamped F22A6.

All i want to know is how to wire the dizzy up. My harness as shown doesnt have the corresponding colors to wire up. I attempted to wire it off a diagram but got stumped because all the colors werent there. Its a Hitachi f22b1 dizzy it only has one connection so i think its a ob2 dizzy, its an internal dizzy.
                    If someone can, please explain thoroughly how to wire for an exteranl and internal dizzy for this swap.

Im not asking to much am i? Just trying to resurrect my fallen cb7 </3

Comment

F22A6? Now you're confusing matters even more. I thought you were installing an F22B1...

The F22B1 distributor has an internal coil. The F22A6 has an external coil. Perhaps this is where your confusion lies? Either convert the dizzy to external, or wire your harness to the internal.

The rat's nest of wires you posted pictures of doesn't explain much of anything, other than why you're confused. I can't make heads nor tails of any of that.

Comment

If you would have used your cb's wiring harness and your F22a6 distributor you wouldn't need or have such a wiring mess. At the most you would have needed to extend the IACV wires, vtec wiring, grind the driver side mount a bit, and extend the fuel line.

02 Crv
                        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

^My point.

Comment

Comment

Theres no much to it you guys. You made it confusing on your own. I said SWAPPING IN 96b1. USING cb7 harness 92A6. Cant figure out how to wire my old harness up for the internal coil.
                              I showed pics of everything that used to plug into my A6 dizzy. Now my b1 dizzy has one input connection and my A6 harness has 2. I plugged up an input with a 30fuse which is shown in the pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X