Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some great older games that never quite made it big?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
    BattleTanx Global Assault for the N64. If they were able to transfer this on the XBOX 360 and with online multi-player I would be in my room all day playing this. I played this so often as a kid. And even when the N64 was phased out, in our small town at the time the N64 was still king and me and m friends would all play this split screen. It had a really cheesy plot story on the single player but was still interesting. It honestly felt like the first Halo. When I get home I think I might just find the old N64 and play this tonight, I have no dates so why not.

dude holy shit i LOVED THAT GAME!! i used to spend hours on it. i forgot about it until now
    visit vgruk

Comment

Star Tropics 1 and 2. You are missing out if you haven't played either of the two. They came out at the end of the NES's lifecycle and kind of got over looked by SNES and everything coming out at the time.
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Lufia is a great RPG, I loved both of them. I actually replayed the first Lufia on an SNES emulator a couple of years ago.

I'm actually working on Tales of Destiny for the PS1 right now. It's an RPG but with side fighting battles. Kind of like a fighting game, just not as many special moves and such. Very different if you don't want to deal with command windows for battle, more action focused.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I loved the first Lufia game. I never got into the second one, though. I'll have to give it another shot when I'm done playing through the Final Fantasy games (playing 6 and 10 now)

Also never played Tales of Destiny. It looks like it's related to Tales of Phantasia, which I loved (played a translated version of it on an SNES emulator before it was officially released in English )

Comment

I had a demo of this game (probably still do; got all my old OPM discs somewhere) and enjoyed the hell out of it. Just never got around to buying the full version. I know the reviews were good, but anyone know if it ever reached huge popularity in America?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Chrono Trigger
              Idk if that game was that popular but it was awesome

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Popular? That thing is a legend. My friend and I were talking about it earlier today, in fact. He wants to start a petition to try to get SquareEnix to remake it for modern systems, the way they're apparently redoing Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Legend of Dragoon and Earthbound (Mother 2). Cult classics.
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Absolutely!
                    I have a Mr Saturn shirt (that, sadly, I'm too husky for at the moment ) Earthbound is one of the greatest games ever! I've played most of Mother, and all of Mother 3... but neither was quite as good as Earthbound!

Legend of Dragoon... I actually forgot about. I played it on an emulator well over a decade ago, and I genuinely enjoyed it. I'm going to have to fire that up again!

Comment

Starfox 64, The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time (favorite n64 game), and Mystical Ninja Starring Goeman.

Comment

I never played Starfox 64. I played the original for SNES, and I remember it being hard as hell! I don't think I ever played Mystical Ninja, either. It always looked cool.

I was at the store buying Ocarina of Time the day it came out (didn't have the cash to shell out for the gold cartridge, sadly.) I never did beat it, though. I preferred the 2D Zeldas (it's a tossup for me between the original and A Link to the Past.) I need to give Ocarina of Time another go. I assume emulators are up to snuff to run it flawlessly these days! Never played any of the followup games, either (Majora's Mask, etc...) My Gamecube still works, so I bet I could find a copy of the Zelda game(s?) they made for that as well!

Comment

Zelda OoC would be hella expensive right now for the GameCube because it came with like, every Zelda game up to the one where he controlled stuff with a wand. I honestly can't remember the name of right now.. But it came al on one disc. So you would have the 2D ones as well.

None the less, I have it for my DS. Better graphics in handhelds than on the 64! Weirder, but efficient controls. I played it like a month straight 100% done.

Mystical Ninja was awesome. I remember being like 5 or 6 when it came out. I enjoyed playing that, and Mario Party with my cousins.

Bomberman was a good one too. It was super hard for me though as I was little. Might whip out the 64 just for that.

Comment

I didn't even know that Zelda was re-released for the GC! (I got my GC from a CB7tuner member years ago... for $50... with like 6 games... and a dremel. )

Comment

http://www.playerschoicevideogames.c...FdYUHwodF3wDRQ

Comment

Wow, you're right! $40 is the cheapest I've found on eBay!
                                I notice they all say "promotional disc". Do you know where that thing came from originally?

Sucks that it includes Zelda II, but not A Link to the Past. Zelda II was pretty lame, IMO. I might just be bitter because I could never beat it!

Off topic... I'm kinda sad that my original gold NES carts of Zelda I and II are gone. I loaned them to the little brother of a highschool friend nearly two decades ago. Lost touch for a while. Got back in touch, but apparently the little brother grew up to be a drama teacher... and he was messing around with a 15 year old student... so yeah... he's not around anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X