Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

smoke but not overheating???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoke but not overheating???

Ok, well I have a jdm h22, after a good night of racing or simply speeding, the car starts to smoke from the motor, but the temp. Guage is still in the middle so my cars not overheating, and the car burns oil like crazyyyyyyyyyyyy, I changed the oil not even a month ago and the oil is black as night,i jus got the car not 2 long ago, so it could be anything, but the only thing the previous owner told me to do was to replace the valve cover gasket, would that cause it 2 smoke?

the valver gasket leaking would cause that. the oil escaping just runs down the back of the block and most likely lands on your downpipe, thus creating the smoke of which you speak of.
    Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7 View Post
      the valver gasket leaking would cause that. the oil escaping just runs down the back of the block and most likely lands on your downpipe, thus creating the smoke of which you speak of.
      word? thanx, im gunna change it tommorow and tell u guys what happens

Comment

double check for any other leaks while you are there. pin point the leak before you change anything.
        Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7 View Post
          Not an easy job.

Comment

also check the oil pressure sensor over the oil filter,and the vtec solenoid valve

Comment

Originally posted by tomas
              Not an easy job.
              Agree.

THE POWER OF DREAM

Comment

My buddies Subaru does it. Rear main seal was the cause of his. (pretty sure we have rear main seals).
                98' Mustang 3V Swap
                11' VW CC R36

Comment

Valve gasket a hard job. Make me laugh
                  hard is what I call head gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM3StageVTEC View Post
                    Ok, well I have a jdm h22, after a good night of racing or simply speeding, the car starts to smoke from the motor, but the temp. Guage is still in the middle so my cars not overheating, and the car burns oil like crazyyyyyyyyyyyy, I changed the oil not even a month ago and the oil is black as night,i jus got the car not 2 long ago, so it could be anything, but the only thing the previous owner told me to do was to replace the valve cover gasket, would that cause it 2 smoke?
                    why race?

Comment

Originally posted by tomas View Post
                      Not an easy job.
                      Originally posted by wannabeHonda View Post
                      Agree.
                      Members Ride

Comment

try to take out the timing belt with that hydraulic Timing Belt auto tensioner and puting it back with the same auto tensioner and then tell me if changing a vlave cover gasket is hard..... but watev if its smoking and the temp guage is in the middle it must be what blackcb7 said either that or its leaking from the front and landing on your header
                        lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
                        |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
                        "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
                        check out my mr thread
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

Comment

Originally posted by 90exaccord View Post
                          try to take out the timing belt with that hydraulic Timing Belt auto tensioner and puting it back with the same auto tensioner and then tell me if changing a vlave cover gasket is hard..... but watev if its smoking and the temp guage is in the middle it must be what blackcb7 said either that or its leaking from the front and landing on your header
                          X2 Valve cover gaskets are one of the easiest things to change esp on a F22 - they can be annoying on a K series due to the extra components that have to be removed.
                          I have to replace the timing chain and intake cam adjuster on a civic Type-R next week, THAT will be interesting.

You say the oil is black as night - What does it smell like (does it smell like unburnt fuel) Is it a H22 swap with H22 ECU or chipped ECU? If it's chipped the ECU could be running rich causing oil contamination.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by 90exaccord View Post
                            I might be wrong but last time i checked you didn't have to take off the timing belt to check a valve cover gasket

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                              X2 Valve cover gaskets are one of the easiest things to change esp on a F22 - they can be annoying on a K series due to the extra components that have to be removed.
                              I have to replace the timing chain and intake cam adjuster on a civic Type-R next week, THAT will be interesting.

You say the oil is black as night - What does it smell like (does it smell like unburnt fuel) Is it a H22 swap with H22 ECU or chipped ECU? If it's chipped the ECU could be running rich causing oil contamination.
                              I'm currently running a p28, and its stock from what I know of. And I'll check the oil when it stops raining

Comment

Working...
                              X