No announcement yet.

F22Chris : 1991 VW Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today - I got a free crack-less dash, center console, rear inner door handles, rear window roller arms, and am getting a free black carpet that I'm sure will need to be washed.

I'm gonna make a parcel shelf too, and cut some holes for some 6x9's. Stock, these come with 4x6's in the back. Which are terrible! I'll get some pics soon.

Comment

Coolness
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I don't even know how this car started before the big three.

No more hot positive terminal, and headlight dimming is pretty much gone.

And here's some of the free crap I got. Gotta clean it. Kinda moldy, but whatever.

And I got gas at Kroger today.

Comment

Ewwwwwww. That's pretty gross, the wiring not the interior parts.

Did you use Kroger points?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Ewwwwwww. That's pretty gross, the wiring not the interior parts.

Did you use Kroger points?
            Yeah, I like the one off DeKalb Industrial. But it was like $1.20 a gallon.

Comment

Drove this car to Houston. Straight shot there too. Only problems found are an oil leak from the front of the head gasket. Minor, yet shitty.. And the headlight switch is going out.

Found these out cause my oil was a bit less than a quart low when I arrived. I'm now in New Orleans, and on that 20 mile long bridge I decided to turn on the lights cause it was getting dark, and no dice. I drove 20 miles holding the headlight switch back, lol. It seems shit like that happens at the worst times! Night, no tools, no internet due to zero cell signal, and for some reason there was a tiger. I got it working though.

Edit: On the drive home, literally right as I got into downtown Atlanta, some fuckfaced asshat decided he didn't want to get off as he was in the exit only lane, swerves back and hits me. Got a softball sized dent on the rear quarter panel.

And one of my dogs has a bruise on his back. I might sue, idk. But here's the damage.

Edit: deleted my rant.
              Last edited by F22Chris; 12-11-2015, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Gonna hammer it out soon, will take pics.

Comment

That sucks! Hope you get it all sorted. I feel like ATL is the kind of place the cops would always side with the guy in the Silverado, unfortunately.

Comment

Ugh...I'm going to assume that this was APD's doing. This is exactly the reason I don't like going anywhere downtown. People suck hard at driving here.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      Ugh...I'm going to assume that this was APD's doing. This is exactly the reason I don't like going anywhere downtown. People suck hard at driving here.
                      Yup. Kinda had to come through that way though. If one can't drive, one should most definitely NOT have a big ass truck. People in Texas drive worse than people here, I avoided like 30 accidents there. Then as soon as I get home this dude...

Comment

Got carpet. Spent the day grinding flash rust and painting the floor boards.

I need door cards, door triangles, pillar covers, parking brake cover, knee bars, those plastic rails at the bottom of the door, and to make a parcel shelf!

I cleaned the living shit out of the new dash. Gotta get some 3.5" speakers for it, then I'll drop it in.

Also got a new headlight switch because this one is fucked.

And got a mk4 2.0L header for when I do the ABA block swap.

The white is the last heavy clear coat I put on. It dried perfectly clear, and is now rustless! Though I wore a mask all day and can only smell metal.

Fun fact: OBD1 mk3 Jettas came with forged internals.
                        Last edited by F22Chris; 12-15-2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Mk3 obd1 jettas also came with dual valve springs,obd2 did not. I had a 95 Passat and my buddy had a mk2 jetta. We had so much fun chasing gremlins haha. Can't wait to see this process!

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                            Mk3 obd1 jettas also came with dual valve springs,obd2 did not. I had a 95 Passat and my buddy had a mk2 jetta. We had so much fun chasing gremlins haha. Can't wait to see this process!
                            I've only had one gremlin and was the headlight switch, so hardware failure more than anything. That and the PO deleted the ISV so my idle drops like 200RPM when my AC is on at idle.. My buddy that gave me the interior parts owns hella dubs. He's driving a MK1 rabbit pickup with now. It's a 1.8 head on an ABA block, carbed and cammed. He's also got a mk2 Jetta and GTI with a full 2.0L swap. He actually just sold a VR6 swapped Golf not too long ago.

Honestly, if my black Jetta didn't have sentimental value, I'd VR swap mine too..

Comment

I made this today. I put the 6x9's from the Honda under it.
                              I'm not too sure why yet though. The car has no radio.

Comment

Got the crackless dash in. Will take pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X