No announcement yet.

Straight Success : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, you have one of the few rustless Hondas in Ohio! Supposedly Saturday should be alright to do work, you have cover after all. About the only thing that will prevent me from working this weekend is if it is raining or snowing.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

No way am I working in sub freezing temperatures.

I can wait a few weeks for it to warm up. In the interim, I can scrap together some cash to buy a new knock sensor.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

She chillin' right now. Hopefully in a few more weeks I'll have her operational.

When y'all see what I buy next, you're going to be like, this guy is crazy about his CB7.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

She's finally back up and running after a 2 1/2 years. Patiently waiting to drive her again. I have a few ends to tie up, but she'll be registered really really soon.

Shout out to anyone who sold me parts or gave me the motivation needed to see it through. We're almost there.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I cannot wait to see her on the road and registerd. Will she be registered in Ohio or PA?

You ever install the coupe visors that I gave you?

I know you moved out to Ohio for work but are you living out there for good?

Comment

hell ya good too hear man, you have too be one happy dude right about now.
              CB7TUNER.com
              Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                I cannot wait to see her on the road and registerd. Will she be registered in Ohio or PA?

You ever install the coupe visors that I gave you?

I know you moved out to Ohio for work but are you living out there for good?
                She'll be registered here as this is where my primary residence is as of now. The visors, no! They're still sitting in my trunk. I have to hunt down the clips for them.

I have a few things in the works. I'll talk to you about it in person.

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                hell ya good too hear man, you have too be one happy dude right about now.
                Felt pretty damn to hear her start and run. She brings a smile to my face right now. In person, this thing sounds so damn aggressive. I don't even know if it's bone stock or not. I know I have an aluminum crank pulley, and the motor once was sniffing nitrous. However, she sounds VERY healthy. I tapped the throttle, and she roared nice and smooth.

Additional problems.

1. The H22 header that I received was for a 1997+, which is 1 3/4" too short. I'll get it extended to fit up to the stock cat.

2. I have a small oil leak between the oil pan and gasket. I'll try to tighten the bolts in that area. If that doesn't work, I'll drop the pan and reseal it.

3. I have a water/coolant leak between the thermostat housing and the water pipe. I've ordered the rubber seals, and I plan on installing them soon.

4. When the car is sitting there idling in neutral, the speedo reads ~10 mph. (I have to troubleshoot later).

5. I have to set the base idle to ~650. I think that's where it's supposed to idle at. I have to check.

6. I may have to adjust the TPS. We'll see.

7. Tried to bleed my brakes, and it was a no go. I think I need to re-bench bleed the master while the car is running. I'll figure it out soon.

Maybe I'll be able to drive it this weekend. Let's see.
                Last edited by Straight Success; 05-13-2015, 09:46 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Well, today I idled it out of the garage and once around my apartment complex shifting between 1st and 2nd.

I still have to finish bleeding my brakes and get my down pipe situation fixed. After that I can tackle the check engine light, and find where this very small leak/drip is coming from.

I'll probably have some pictures and videos to upload this week of her.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'm at the beyond frustrated point with this car.

I can't quit, I ain't gonna sell it, I'm just stuck like.....

This damn brake booster replacement is a pain in the ...

- D. Chappelle

Comment

keep pushing forward, if your that frustrated then you must be almost over the hump.
                      Here's hoping it works it self out soon.
                      CB7TUNER.com
                      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                        I'm at the beyond frustrated point with this car.

I can't quit, I ain't gonna sell it, I'm just stuck like.....

This damn brake booster replacement is a pain in the ...
                        Keep chipping away at it, piece by piece, and you'll eventually come out with a fine sculpture.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                          keep pushing forward, if your that frustrated then you must be almost over the hump.
                          Here's hoping it works it self out soon.
                          Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                          Keep chipping away at it, piece by piece, and you'll eventually come out with a fine sculpture.
                          Thanks for the encouragement. It's needed.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Yeesssss!

Your car and Kawl.lawson's car are twins on the outside!
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                              Yeesssss!

Your car and Kawl.lawson's car are twins on the outside!
                              True. I've been subscribed to his MR thread. His car is pretty clean. If I keep this, I'll get mines as nice as some people's car who I don't have to mention on here.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Good job getting it back on the road , I miss driving my cb. Enjoy it , not the fastest thing in the world but it is fun to drive.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Working...
                                X