Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
    Then comes ... "molasses" weight!
    Much thicker than I can imagine 80 weight being I wouldn't be surprised if it did resemble molasses.

Comment

I wouldn't say molasses. I think it's more like honey out of the fridge.

Comment

My new house doesn't have a driveway large enough to fit my needs so this car stays at my old house until it (the house) sells. As I said before in this thread, this car has a cylinder (#3) that's down. The guy I hired to mow called me on Tuesday I think it was and said this car wouldn't start when he went to move it to mow the grass underneath it. I had an opportunity to go look at it today and see what is up with it. It's ignition related.

I hooked up to it with the Ford and pulled it around to the driveway. Thing looks pitiful, bird shit and grass all over it... Tomorrow if my day pans out like I hope, I will go back up there and mess with it some more. I know where the problem lies I'm pretty sure. I double and triple checked my external coil conversion. I didn't mess anything up there. Might be the ignitior in that new RPT dizzy. That's along the lines of what I'm expecting it to be anyhow.

And the cattle gate came off the rock I wedge it up on to hold it open while I take cars in or out. Smacked the pass fender. Put a real good dent in it. Doesn't bother me a whole lot just kinda annoying. The fender was already messed up a bit anyhow from a person scrapping against it in a parking lot a few years ago. Not much lost really.

A few weeks ago I started messing with this thing one day while waiting on the realtor (boy do they ever take their time) and for some reason I started taking anything and everything out of the bay I decided I didn't want or need. Still way dirty and got some leaves, bird shit and such in there but some of the clutter is gone. I'm very like to continue on with this idea when it comes this cars time to get some attention. Hopefully some time this year.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-22-2015, 11:57 PM.

Comment

What kind of exhaust is that?
          Originally posted by cb7dazz
          And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          ...for example

Comment

Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
            What kind of exhaust is that?
            eBay stainless catback, muffler cut off, OBX WS2 muffler welded on, placed eBay gaskets in a trash can, installed Walker brand gaskets.

Comment

I pulled the front bumper to remove the fog lights as I have a buyer for them. The replacement driver side fog light came in and so it was time to get everything rounded up and on it's way to the buyer.

Comment

I had about half an hour to mess with this thing yesterday. I had a hunch that it was the igniter causing it not to start. So I pursued the issue with that in mind.

Looking for an ignitor in my parts building. Dizzy's on the right are for parts, dizzy's in the left are not for parts.

Got one.

Replacement is in.

Old ignitor. Cheap looking little thing...

Now lets see what it does.

Runs like complete shit like normal!

This is is how it sits at the old house. Didn't have time to put the bumper back on as I had to meet with the realtor. But at least it's mobile enough to move now.

With the property needing to be presentable I have too much in the shop to do anything in there. And my tool boxes being huge and at the new house I cannot tote all of them around. So this is what I work out of now. Sorry about the trash bags.

Comment

lol at the vacuum leak.

One thing that bothers me about the ignitors is that they install them in a hot ass distributor with no thermal grease or anything. Just kind of irks me.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    lol at the vacuum leak.

One thing that bothers me about the ignitors is that they install them in a hot ass distributor with no thermal grease or anything. Just kind of irks me.
                    That's actually not a vacuum leak. Since cylinder 3 makes literally no compression the engine can't make enough vacuum. I'm sure it doesn't help that the other 3 cylinders are in the 100-115 range. I'm actually in the process of uploading a video to show the dead cylinder. It gets both fuel and spark. But doesn't make enough compression to combust the mixture until about 4,000rpm. And then it doesn't combust all the time or properly timed.

I also have more to add about that ignitor as well. I'll be updating here in a few minutes. Once with the vid and once to continue on with the ignitor. Ignitor first.

Comment

Got busy. Here's video.

I'm aware the PCV valve is missing and is necessary. I don't drive this car it sits. Have to replace the engine so not going to put a new PCV on it just to pull it out.

Also it didn't have idle surge in the video. Vacuum was better. After taking the car to put gas in it so I could put stabil in the tank, vacuum went down a bit more. Then it started missing harder and lost more vacuum.
                      Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-25-2015, 12:57 AM.

Comment

I wanted to take the ignitor apart to see if I could find what fails. It would be awesome to be able to fix!

Also, I'm messing with a program that puts something similar to a watermark in my photos. Kinda like a copyright type deal. That's not what the white boxes are but either way, just disregard them. They will be gone shortly anyhow.

Comment

I might get more time to go work on this thing today. Fingers crossed.

The conclusion on the igniter is I can't visibly see anything that looks abnormal but I'm going to look at it more. It would be really nice to be able to repair these...

Comment

It gave me the code 41 yesterday. I'm assuming that's because of all the oil that's been/being burnt may have screwed up the o2 sensor.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-13-2015, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Car is sold to a fellow CB7 enthusiast and long time friend whom I've known for 15 years. Title is signed, I'm no longer in possession, 100% done deal.

I'm going to leave this MRT up as requested by the new owner. I do believe this car will be showing back up on the forum one day.

Comment

Congrats. Looking forward to the new owners progress.
                                ~Nick~
                                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                                X