No announcement yet.

sonikaccord : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck no!! I live in the south (Atlanta), but it does get cold. I don't like working in the cold unless it's necessary, like car won't run necessary. Plus I get to stay inside and work on geek stuff like this:

And when it snows down here...everything shuts down...I took this picture last year during the snow storm where everybody went ape shit at walmart and this is what was left:

I got some drill bits in to put some reliefs in the wheels, they don't have to be deep (<10mm) but they need to be able to fit the spacer lug nut as well as the lug itself so I'll do a countersunk style hole.

Also USPS lost my resolver for my stacked IMA project!!!!
    Last edited by sonikaccord; 11-02-2014, 07:57 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

What's the disc with the red thing hooked to it?

Comment

It's a Bridgelux Vero29 COB LED aka really fkin bright light.

I want to throw it in a low beam projector

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post

Also USPS lost my resolver for my stacked IMA project!!!!
          Man, come on United States! I'm kind of glad sometimes that I spend the extra money and go with UPS.
          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

i bet itd work well, i wonder if it can handle a low operating temperature. was it sinked or u just using that as a stand?

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
              Man, come on United States! I'm kind of glad sometimes that I spend the extra money and go with UPS.
              USPS has no affiliation with teh federal government :P all their income is through postage.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                i bet itd work well, i wonder if it can handle a low operating temperature. was it sinked or u just using that as a stand?
                Yep. I think it's rated for -40C to 80C any temp above that will reduce its lifetime...it's in a car so I can tolerate 5000 hrs of life.

20,000 lumens for a pair would be nice to show off.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ah.

Are they as bright as a quality HID kit in a projector?

Comment

If you compare the bulb without the optics, the LED destroys the Xenon bulb at full power. At the same power it is still brighter.

With the optics may be a different scenario because of direction of light that is emitted. (360 for xenon, 160ish for the LED). If you've seen the projector design for modern led headlights, they usually use multiple leds aimed in several directions to get that smooth flood light and for more brightness. Like the new MDX or RL, Prius, etc.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

If you compare the bulb without the optics, the LED destroys the Xenon bulb at full power. At the same power it is still brighter.

With the optics may be a different scenario because of direction of light that is emitted. (360 for xenon, 160ish for the LED). If you've seen the projector design for modern led headlights, they usually use multiple leds aimed in several directions to get that smooth flood light and for more brightness. Like the new MDX or RL, Prius, etc.
                      Ah, ok.

Are these leds much more expensive than hids? Led lights would be a cool alternative for a retrofit if it's feasible.

Comment

Maybe...
                        I just went to www.theretrofitsource.com to skim some prices. The hid bulbs and ballast are roughly $150-200.

Those leds are $30 a piece right now. I'm currently designing a high efficiency driver for them as they need about 40V to run. That'll cost about $150 max in parts for the pair. Then there is still the projector issue. But it doesn't look like too big of a cost difference.

Oh and don't forget the heat sink when you feel like overdriving these things 200+ watts a piece.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Dude, thanks for mentioning that you ordered from Majestic Honda a little while ago. Man, I went there recently to check it out and ended up ordering a bunch of stuff! The layout is awesome and I am thoroughly impressed with the inventory!
                          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Yeah! For OEM parts, they are the standard imo.
                            Last edited by sonikaccord; 11-03-2014, 10:46 AM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Man I wish I could understand all the lingo you said in this thread. Your ideas are not only spectacular but revolutionary. Keep up the great work.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yep. I think it's rated for -40C to 80C any temp above that will reduce its lifetime...it's in a car so I can tolerate 5000 hrs of life.

20,000 lumens for a pair would be nice to show off.
                                20,000, lol..... kind of much

Comment

Working...
                                X