No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big thanx goes out to 1990[H]accordex for these switches! Now I just have to find a 97 Prelude heated seat relay.

Comment

So much for winning AOM That phantomcb7 car is beyond sweet!!! Oh well, maybe another time.

Comment

While I do have the rear side markers from a CD5, I don't think I'm going to put them in. I've been debating it for months I think. I've downloaded every picture I could find of someone having them installed. For some reason I think they look out of place on our cars. While discussing it with my g/f she brought up a good point. Cars that have front side markers do not have rear side markers. And is there really a point in having both. It got me thinking and looking at other cars.
        Cars that do have rear side markers, do not have front side markers. & cars that have front side markers, tend to not have rear side markers.

.. so I'm thinking of not putting in the rear side markers for now. They just don't look properly done on our cars I find. They look out of place. I thought about angling them, or putting them in different spots, and .... they just still look out of place. They don't look like they were styled into the car as some of the below pics do...

some photoshop, and they just stand out too much I think... its a hard decision to make.

But for those reading this, please share ya thoughts on the topic.....

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          While I do have the rear side markers from a CD5, I don't think I'm going to put them in. I've been debating it for months I think. I've downloaded every picture I could find of someone having them installed. For some reason I think they look out of place on our cars. While discussing it with my g/f she brought up a good point. Cars that have front side markers do not have rear side markers. And is there really a point in having both. It got me thinking and looking at other cars.
          Cars that do have rear side markers, do not have front side markers. & cars that have front side markers, tend to not have rear side markers.

.. so I'm thinking of not putting in the rear side markers for now. They just don't look properly done on our cars I find. They look out of place. I thought about angling them, or putting them in different spots, and .... they just still look out of place. They don't look like they were styled into the car as some of the below pics do...

some photoshop, and they just stand out too much I think... its a hard decision to make.

But for those reading this, please share ya thoughts on the topic.....
          After seeing ur photo shop pic of the rear side markers with the front side makers, I agree with you, it just doesn't flow, but then I pictured in my mine ur car without front side markers, but having just the rears it would look really good, but again as seeing you already have the fronts in I'd say stick with what you have done, because if you decide to put in the rear side markers and remove the fronts, ur going to end up searching for fenders, just my opinion, lol, but now i'm thinking of doing rear side markers instead of fronts because I have a set home here, and it would flow with my led spoiler

Comment

Nope, they don't flow on your car IMO. I'd leave it as is, and just stay with front sidemarkers.

I've had a set of CD5 rear markers sitting around for so long, but I've never installed them because I just don't feel them.

I think overall, your exterior is too clean to start adding on more little things.

Shame you're getting blown out of the water for this month's AOM, but it's a tough competition this month. You got my vote though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
              After seeing ur photo shop pic of the rear side markers with the front side makers, I agree with you, it just doesn't flow, but then I pictured in my mine ur car without front side markers, but having just the rears it would look really good, but again as seeing you already have the fronts in I'd say stick with what you have done, because if you decide to put in the rear side markers and remove the fronts, ur going to end up searching for fenders, just my opinion, lol, but now i'm thinking of doing rear side markers instead of fronts because I have a set home here, and it would flow with my led spoiler
              Good point. Maybe when I get a rear LED spoiler I'll change my mind.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              ...I've had a set of CD5 rear markers sitting around for so long, but I've never installed them because I just don't feel them.
              Its all about feel. You can add a spoiler to ya trunk, or lips to your car and there's a feeling ya get there. Its a "dam that looks good!" feeling. I got it when I installed my front side markers. But ... I don't get that with the rears.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              Shame you're getting blown out of the water for this month's AOM, but it's a tough competition this month. You got my vote though.
              Your crazy, lol. Even I wouldn't vote for my car in that AOM. D00ds car is the shit He has modded everything i think, cluster, engine, engine bay, interior, trunk, lips, lights, fogs, grill, seats, doors, and more. I think i would give one of my legs to have RSX seats front & back

Comment

I had to vote because I nominated.

Comment

I wonder if I can vote for myself..

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    I wonder if I can vote for myself..
                    Ouch, was expecting to not come first for AOM, but dead last is a kick to the teeth

Comment

Anywho, life goes on.

I've been looking for a winter beater for a while now and today i found it! I'm am the semi-proud new owner of a 2001 Ford Focus granny mobile! haha. It was super cheap and it was owned by a old lady who never drove it. The people selling it were moving back out west and it had to go.

It's an automatic and was a steal of a deal. Its in great shape with only 112,000km! I'm actually excited to have this car as it means I can put the cb7 up for some serious repairs soon! (engine removal, body work, etc). Haha, and this thing is a serious granny mobile, but just what I needed. Easy on gas, and I have no urge to put the go pedal down every straight stretch. The only thing I need to fix on it is the drivers side lower control arm.

ehhh

Comment

Today I started to clean my mounts up. They always looked a bit rough.

And I also decided to take apart the ebay POS series projector lights. They needed a cleaning and they need a re-seal. Some interesting points about them.

Below pic shows one of my adjusters had fallen out of the corner. Making moving the unit up and down impossible.

Blob...

And, they surprisingly did have a cutoff built in. I didn't think they had them.

Days are getting cold. Tools always cold. Too cold to paint. Grrrr..

Comment

Way to go douch. Apparently the local guy who owns this:

was drinking and driving. He ran into a Ford F-150 flipping it on to its side and totaling his $120,000 400hp car.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...h.html?cmp=rss

Dear Maserati Quattroporte S, your sound will be missed.

Comment

I'll say it again... that is an amazing deal on that Focus!

My co-worker and I were talking about that Maserati yesterday, wondering who up that way has enough money for one of those beasts. Let's just say that he thinks that someone up that way "Needs" a new car.

Impaired driving at 11AM with a Maserati...

Comment

The sound of the car was amazing! The guy was from Toronto, but moved down here recently I believe.

Last edited by Raf99; 10-18-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Soo sad. Also shows how unsafe that generation of ford truck is.
                                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Working...
                                X