No announcement yet.

Wrecked CB9 - Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get over it and part the shit out and get another car.

I got rear-ended by a drunk driver totaling my wagon all I saw was money $3225 for my car and I got to keep my stereo, and rims.

I also got $1800 for my pain and suffering and they paid my doctor bill for me hurting my knee and ankle due to seat sliding in the the rail causing my knee to hit the dash and making my ankle roll off the brake pedal.

So where the hell do you get $25K for your car and pain and suffering WHICH YOU SAID YOU DON'T HAVE?

Its assholes like you that jack our rates up trying to get a butt load of money for nothing.
    Last edited by dooey52_91CB9; 12-13-2010, 09:22 AM.
    Bought from: Jack_Lee, Hondaguy1212, cb7dazz, dannyd, frootloops, ncoutlaw, busak87, Losiracer2, KeeleDesign, 1993ACCORDMAN, gdout90accord, sikz6, Type_G

Sold to: 1993haccord, samrjr0044, blk91coupe

Comment

My car got wrecked, and I know what you mean by sentimental value. I fixed it. Only costs me 2 gs and for some reason my damage seemed more severe I can show you pics of what I was dealing with. If it's in your heart I say do it. Good luck bro.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
        If the frame is bent enough to be touching the engine, as in what may be making the noise with the crank pulley/alternator, junk it. The frame is way too far out of spec
        Frame is not touching the engine at all. It doesn't even look bent but it's possible as the hood doesn't close properly and fender is pushed upright if you look at the car from the side slightly.

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
        i would say to keep it n sell parts, then junk it once you cant sell parts, buy a body of another accord n swap the engine n tranz out. assuming the engine its self is still good. or just get another cb. i blew my engine n had like 100 bucks so i bought a block, dad bought the head bolts n i put the beast back together. took about a month of total work. maybe you could do something like that, i am a college kid too.
        or get as much money from it as possible n start with a new cb.
        Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
        well the way i see it in the pics..is the fender wall is bent in so the frame is bent.....
        but on the other hand u have a full workin motor and tranny umong extras for parts....
        so my opinion would be to find a cb with a blown motor or tranny..not that hard to find....buy it for cheap and swap ur parts in.. all said and done junk the wagon ull problly get a few hundred for it...so u end up spending close to nun for a diff cb....
        this is what i did with mine....smashed my old cb dx..bought my cb i have now for $600 needed a motor swaped motors keep my spare tranny junked car for $200..so i actually spent 400 on my car and i didnt have to pay for extra parts as i had them already...ur choice tho
        I would do that, but no one in my family is mechanically inclined and I'm not really mechanically inclined to do that type of work at all.

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
        Not gonna read every post in this thread but...

If a car means that much to you, why not fully insure it?
        Never though this type of thing would happen, trust me I'm really careful when driving. But yet again I realize there are other crazy drivers out there and shit can happen to anyone and anytime. Any honestly even if I did have the coverage my insurance company wouldn't of fixed it even if I had the coverage because it's not worth it for them, repairing a 19 year old car? They will just give me a check just like what happened. My company even said if it was a newer car they would of fixed it because I wasn't at fault, if I was at fault then I would need coverage.

Originally posted by KB7Acoord
        sad situation indeed, for both people involved
        however
        you sound like you are under twenty.

maybe you should quit driving and riding in cars for the rest of your life, because you will probably be in a few, at least 3 more accidents in your lifetime.

calm down, a car is not a baby, your options you listed are very ignorant of reality.

your best option, based on your income would be to temporarily buy a cheap 500 dollar beater, (not a CB), while you save up money and seek out a future project. a car's main purpose is to get a person from A to B.

one thing to think of if you rebuild the wagon is that it will be a salvaged title. to insurance companies the car may not even be worth 400 dollars even if you build it back to showroom quality, and it will allways be worth only a max of 1000 if you decide to sell it afterwards.

btw as long as the police write down in the report that the other person is at fault, who cares if they don't charge them, its still officially their fault and they are liable, thats all that matters.

i hope things turn out well for you
        When you first experience anything like this you are prone to react crazy depending on the person, like seeing snow for the first time versus seeing it your whole life. That's what happened to me. I understand most things I said are crazy and people say stupid things when they are mad and tired. It wasn't deemed a total loss, just as severe damage.

Also yes I'm not at fault and the accident shouldn't affect my premium but what do you think would happen if I was turning left and the lady was going straight with the exact same layout of the accident. Do you think the cop would of given a 18 year old guy driving a Honda a break versus an old lady? No so I am pissed at the fact she has gotten a HUGE break by not getting charge or a ticket.

Originally posted by King James View Post
        You seriously think your gonna get 25 grand out of this accident?

Let me give you a little insight before you get your hopes up....I have a buddy who was involved in an accident a few years ago....He was the passenger in a car that flipped over while trying to merge on the 401....He suffered a punctured lung, broken pelvis and a major concussion...among other minor injuries.

The check he recieved was 25000....So considering the lady was not deemed at fault and its a 20 year old car with really miniscule damage (in the grand scheme of things) dont expect much, if anything....Emotional attachment wont get you shit all.

You remind me of a family friend....Shes been in more accidents than I can even pretend to remember....and every single one she has sued....Shit like this shouldnt be sued over....You walked away unscathed....Just move on.
        Originally posted by dooey52 View Post
        Get over it and part the shit out and get another car.

I got rear-ended by a drunk driver totaling my wagon all I saw was money $3225 for my car and I got to keep my stereo, and rims.

I also got $1800 for my pain and suffering and they paid my doctor bill for me hurting my knee and ankle due to seat sliding in the the rail causing my knee to hit the dash and making my ankle roll off the brake pedal.

So where the hell do you get $25K for your car and pain and suffering WHICH YOU SAID YOU DON'T HAVE?

Its assholes like you that jack our rates up trying to get a butt load of money for nothing.
        Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
        Your 19 year old car with 400,000KM got totaled, you have no injuries, and you are suing for $25,000.

Unless you are an affluent business man (which I'm guessing you are not given your age) your time is no where near $25k. Pain and suffering? Please.

You would probably sue McDonalds if you spilled hot coffee on yourself.

Deal with the loss and move on with life.
        Actually I do have minor neck and back injuries and I am in physiotherapy for it. I could not felt it right at the accident probably due to the adrenaline, it came on me as time passed after. I'm did NOT, and I clearly say NOT choose to sue for ANY amount. The firm came up with that amount I am not going to get argue with them, plus it will be hammered down as much as by the insurance companies. The main reason I am suing is because the overall accident is not my fault and I should not have to deal with all this time, money, emotions, headache, pain loss/problems. Honestly I'm a pretty easy going guy and I usually let things go when shit happen after time, but this is different. This a car not some bullshit drama.

Seriously about the coffee?
        I'm not that crazy!

Originally posted by BILLYBOPROCK View Post
        I am sorry that happened to you I know how much you value your ride but if you saw them ahead of time? it was prevetable that's what my job would tell me I drive for a living and it's hard trying to stay out of accidents they turn in front of you no signal cutting off speeding blowing horn at a stop sign dude stop means stop not roll n go not slow simply Stop so frustrating you have to be defensive like it or not you have to be the one to make it right no matter how much it kills you better to be safe than sorry safety always first Billy
        I saw them looking like they stopped wanting to turn so I kept going, then it happened. I had no time to react, let me put it this way:
        1) I see car turning left and looks like it stopped, kept going.
        2) Look straight and kept going at same speed with full green light for 1/4 second.
        3) Hear a loud thump and I am off the road on the grass sliding towards a trees and a fence.

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
        he wasn't talking about you having anything against Africa. He was simply referring to what you said. "I would of done something so disgustingly mind-blowingly terrible to her I will not even say it." What the fuck is that supposed to mean? She's 87. So what disgustingly mind-blowing terrible thing would you done huh? Rape her? Beat the shit out of her? Kill her? You're fucking disgusting me. Let's see if you'll even live 87 years. How can you even say things like that? IT'S just a fucking car. Not Ferrari, Porshe or Lamborgini. Its a 1991 Accord. Get over it kiddo
        I was pretty fucking mad. It's common you know when people are pissed off really bad they say really stupid things. That's what I felt like saying at the time. Heck it's better to let your anger out at one moment instead of letting it sit inside of you for years and let it build up, of course depending a lot of conditions.

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
        she did not create a traffic violation.
        she did however have bad judgement.

in CA you would get the ticket for speeding.
        so good luck, try earning your money like the rest of the world!

as stated she is not paying directly, but if you sue her insurance company
        for this accident, then most likley her premium will go up. So yes you are taking money from her.

x2 on if the car means so much get full insurance!
        She failed to yield the right of way causing a collision.
        Maybe I would have, it depends on the officer. For example our highway speed limit in the city here is 100kph, 80% of people go 120kph and I have yet to see someone pulled over at that speed. Heck I have gone that speed with police behind me and THEY PASS ME.

Why should I not be technically taking money from her? She made a wrong judgement when turning thus providing to her company she can make at fault accidents thus her rates will go up because it's more likely for her to have one as they just saw.

ANYWAYS:
        Currently I'm looking for a car to get around in for the mean time and trying to find someone to check the frame. Most CB's here are total rust buckets and it's not easy finding one with little rust. And trust me I've check all other alternatives from taking the bus which I am doing which is causing me to be late for work multiple times a week, to looking at all types of Civic's (which I despise), Integra's, Prelude's, of course Accords, all Nissan's, Toyota's, Subi's, and Mitsubishi's. I even have looked at all European cars, especially V dub's. Even American cars. -_- I have a already looked a 2 cars in person after contacting them and one was DC2 but had a bad body but it ran fine, another currently is a JDM H22A swapped CB7 but it cannot start at the moment and the owner is trying to find out what is the problem.
        Last edited by CB7Nub; 12-23-2010, 12:32 AM.
        Current:
        2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
        1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
        1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Just buy Sabri's car. Its the same but 5spd. He wants $500 for it.

Comment

all arguments aside. it's a wagon. relatively rare plus sentimental value. fix the damn thing!

not too expensive actually.. i replaced my entire front suspension myself recently, cost less than $300 for the bearings, discs, ball joints, etc.

also body work is not difficult or expensive. putty and fiberglass kits from canadian tire!

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Working...
            X