1992 Acura Vigor Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 Acura Vigor Issues

So I bought an Acura Vigor for $500. Only 140000 miles on it and it's in amazing shape. Anyway, the previous owner stopped driving it because there was a rattling noide coming from the engine bay. His mechanic said the engine was totally blown. The car starts and drives fine. Most of the rattle is a heat shield that is coming off. But the engine does have something wrong. At idle it doesn't fire smoothly and when you shut the car off there is a metallic single knock. I know it needs a valve cover gasket and oil well seals, but I don't know what else.

Based on what I've said, what do you think could be wrong? It might be as simple as bad timing and loose heat shield, but I don't know at this time.

Any input will be appreciated.
    Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

Mechanic is a mechanic and I would agree with him/her. Besides the non-threatening noises like the heatshield if there is a metal noise coming from the engine when you shut it off then the engine is toast. Something is worn to the point of repair in the engine.

Find out where the noise is coming from and what exactly it is and go from there. No point in fixing anything else if the engine is going to die in a month.

Comment

Working...
    X