No announcement yet.

new swap time, it's about to get real big up in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think a Mitsubishi rear diff would fit in a Nissan sub frame, one of the reasons i chose the s13 was it will keep the brakes in the same location width wise as the stock brakes

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Lets see 16 days off a month and 7 days off straight correct? So if you were to lets say work on the wiring with all the diagrams in your grasp that would be about 2.5 days to and make sure that everything is wired up right(if that).

Then rest of the days you have would be frame work to fit motor and trans I say that can be done in a months time frame which is 32 days, then 3-6 days for engine fitment.

Hardest part would be suspension fabbing which in long term would be 2-3 months, then re checking over everything for safety and tuning. I say by August or September you can be running it. Am I close on time frame that is of course you work on the car day in day out on your off days.

Either way do the damn thing lol
      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

haha but dont forget the rear diff, and custom exhaust, but other then that, yea sounds about right then over winter recheck everything again haha
        Last edited by almostJDM; 02-16-2011, 03:59 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

HAHA sweet so now I must say why have you posted up wiring work yet? Youre slacking on time man. HURRY AND START POSTING YOUR PICS(in a angery japanese samuri voice) LOL
          NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
          DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

whoa...def. suscribed!

Lou's Build Thread!
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
            "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Lol dark I still haven't received the engine yet, and I won't be able to start on it until this summer or at least until I find a good garage

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

I hope this can clear the hood at the nose

Prob too late now but why not a VQ35? A built stroker one of those could easily do 500WHP turbo'd and would have no probs with fitment....

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

yea that is the only spot that would be a problem

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    I hope this can clear the hood at the nose
                    Power Bulge.

Comment

Haha, kinda

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread

Comment

Anybody want a RB20 on the east coast? I got 2!!!
                        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Got a question. Since your thinking of the idea of RB25 in the CB, have you thought about an LS1 swap? I know you will be busy fabbing up the drive-train. RB motors are beast. I like them a lot, but they are known to have lots of problems. I suggest getting an LS1 motor because its lighter (aluminum block), 6-speed (t56), no messing with boost, more reliable and if an RB will fit, then a small block V8 will fit. I know the LS series motors can get kind of pricey, but there is an alternative. Chevrolet makes an LQ line that is good power for cheap. The LQ4 is the 5.3L Vortec motor they put in many trucks, Yukons, vans and many other vehicles. You can pick up an engine for $500 easy. There is also the LQ9 motor that was in the 2500's. They are iron blocks like the LQ4, but they are 6.0L and have LS6 style heads. It's a pure torque monster. You can make good power for cheap.

I think this would be spectacular in a CB. It's probably never been done. And, if the V8 power isn't enough, then boost it. Parts will be cheaper and easier to come across than any RB motor. This is just my $.02 and hope you take some consideration into this.
                          '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

nope, don't want a v8, also the complete engine swap was $1800 shipped, comes with everything, engine, trans, ecu, maf, uncut wiring, plus I want boost, and the V8 has been done, but I dunno if the guy ever got it to run right, also had to seriously cut up the car

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=v8*+accord
                            Last edited by almostJDM; 02-24-2011, 04:26 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

Your right. I should not have said 'never been done', because I have seen them in CRX's. That link to the Accord is straight ridiculous. You could slip in an LS V8 with not much more modifications than the RB. Your going to be doing a lot of cutting either way. You got a good price on the swap and it definitely will be unique.
                              '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

yup that's why I am doing it, because I dont wanna do what everyone else does, even though I have done alot o things to my car that others do, but I am kind of limited on exterior stuff that actually looks good in my opinion

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                                My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X