af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!

With my upcoming plans for ESP parts, I'm sure you are right, cb9love! Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is only 30 minutes from my house!

Yes, a review of these would be a great idea. I'm waiting for Deev to give us a format he would like for reviews, but I don't think he has come up with one yet.

I need to do ride height and damping adjustment tests before I review. The only issue I see with a review is the fact that there are so many other parts in the mix for this installation (SPC camber kits, Energy Suspension, FFC LCAs, new ball joints). I'll have to focus as much as I can on the entire experience with the coilovers.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Are you planning to get your car corner balanced in addition to the alignment? Your suspension setup is cool but wait until you match it with some sticky tires and corner balancing. The stock seat will need to be upgraded or you'll really have to brace yourself every time you take hard corner.
      Last edited by Tishock; 08-22-2014, 02:06 PM.

Comment

^This. Do this.

Comment

I don't think he'll be able to feel the difference between the stock and FFC control arms at this point. They sure do look nice though.

We have a member selling ESP parts in the classifieds here if you wanted to check that out.

Another .5 to an inch would be perfect!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!

The stock seat will be upgraded to a Sparco seat for sure, with a five point harness conversion. Knowing how tricky it can be to fabricate Accord rails to an aftermarket seat, and that fact that most aftermarket seats do not come with compatible rails, I will probably have mine attached directly to the frame. I have to do more research on this.

As far as a corner weight service is concerned, I hear the prices are steep, as you are charged for setup time in addition to normal servicing labor. When I get serious about going to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on a regular basis, I will have it done.

You think I should lower it more, Sonik? I don't know man, the upper front control arms are almost touching the fender right now. I am getting used to approaching bumps and dips at an angle really slowly, but I still scrape sometimes (stupid Mugen lip). I've gotta fit those race tires under the fenders as well.

I'm going to go seek out that member selling ESP parts!

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sr...FURgfgodA5UAGg

You can find them cheaper. 94-97 seat brackets fit a cb7.

I use WeaponR seat brackets with Sparco seat side mounts and Buddy Club seats.

Last edited by Tishock; 08-22-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Mainly for cosmetics...I'm not a fan of the whole stance/slammed movement. I like to drive my car.
                http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...-Your-Car.aspx

This article sums it up as far as lowering.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                  94-97 seat brackets fit a cb7.

I use WeaponR seat brackets with Sparco seat side mounts and Buddy Club seats.
                  Awesome, I didn't know CD5 and CB7 brackets were compatible. You learn something new everyday.

I'm currently set on Sparco Chrono seats, but I am open to suggestions. Any particular reason you went with the Buddy Club seats?

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  Mainly for cosmetics...I'm not a fan of the whole stance/slammed movement. I like to drive my car.
                  http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...-Your-Car.aspx

This article sums it up as far as lowering.
                  Thanks for the article, a good read and great pics! Dude, something tells me that first car, if you can even call it that, can't drive over 25mph without becoming the slowest death trap in existence. Also, I never did get the Japanese trend to take the older cars and weld on SUPER LONG vertically oriented exhaust pipes that reach WAY above the top of the car.

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                    I'm currently set on Sparco Chrono seats, but I am open to suggestions. Any particular reason you went with the Buddy Club seats?
                    The plan was to buy one Sparco Evo 2 or 3 seat (about $700) but the price was a little too much for me at the time. So I went with Buddy Club (about $350) because they were offered in two sizes. I'm overweight so I needed some extra room that most bucket seats don't offer.

FYI - Be careful not to buy Gray Market seats (Chinese copies). I had those Sparco Chronos seats about 6-7 years ago and I thought they were good while they lasted. Turns out they were gray market seats. About 6 months after buying them they started falling apart. I cut them open and realized there was no way I would have survived a major collision with those seats. They were very good copies, even had all the Sparco tags and certified stickers.
                    Last edited by Tishock; 08-25-2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                      The plan was to buy one Sparco Evo 2 or 3 seat (about $700) but the price was a little too much for me at the time. So I went with Buddy Club (about $350) because they were offered in two sizes. I'm overweight so I needed some extra room that most bucket seats don't offer.

FYI - Be careful not to buy Gray Market seats (Chinese copies). I had those Sparco Chronos seats about 6-7 years ago and I thought they were good while they lasted. Turns out they were gray market seats. About 6 months after buying them they started falling apart. I cut them open and realized there was no way I would have survived a major collision with those seats. They were very good copies, even had all the Sparco tags and certified stickers.
                      Oh man! Yikes! How much did you pay for the copies? I'm going to price the buddy club seats because I don't need to have supreme brand seats as long as they are safe and durable.

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Kirky seats. Light!
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Results of the alignment

Well, the car feels even better now, and there is a noticeable difference between now and before the alignment. I have to say, however, that I am not happy with myself .

The SPC kit that I bought for the front and rear was really only a 1.5 degree adjustable camber kit. I naively thought that a 1.5" max drop kit would allow the camber to be zeroed out if dropped 1.5" or less. Turns out that's not true.
                          When I brought it into the shop, the camber was just above -3 deg on the passenger side and -4 deg on the driver side. The minimum camber that was possible at this ride height was -2.9 deg for the driver side, so both were adjusted to that. It's more than I wanted, but it's not bad. The rear camber is zeroed out and the caster is even.

I'm just bummed that I didn't do more research and get the 3 deg adjustable kits for the front.
                          Last edited by af_1132; 08-26-2014, 11:16 AM.

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                            Kirky seats. Light!
                            I just checked out the Pro Street Drag racing seats. With a cover I am looking at about $350 not including shipping. I can imagine, though, how much my back is going to hurt after driving two hours to the track. They do look really light. I'm not sure if a CB compatible rack would work with these.

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Ride height difference

Before coilovers:

After coilovers and 1.5" front drop and 1" back drop:

I don't know, I think this is low enough considering that I'm putting 15" rims on soon. I know I could go lower, but I need the 3 deg adjustable camber kits to allow the camber to be where I want if I go any lower.

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Performance Stage 2 Upgrades

Here's the big fall project I am working on for more power:

H23 Plenum, double stacked IAB plates (testing them out to find best power and torque combo), black box (not sure if I will be hooking this up), a6 runners (not sure, could be H23, they say PT9 on them), and H23 TB. All parts custom painted by F20A_CB7 !

P06, Bisi IM gasket and AEM cam gear, upgraded fuel and ignition components:

I love this vintage AEM cam gear! It was a steal from Bisimoto for $51:

Although, that "as is" sale means I have to get new bolts. I mean, look...

My parts guy (my saving grace during the school year for sure!) has gotten Bisi to send new bolts.

Parts I still have need to get:

1. Bisi Level 2 cam
                                2. Hondata S300 and sockets for P06
                                3. RDX 410cc injectors
                                4. AEM fuel pump, fuel filter, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator
                                5. Doing research on this, but either an AEM fuel rail or OEM rail bored out 2mm.
                                6. Possibly an MSD ignition box.
                                7. A tune when everything is installed! Can't forget that!
                                Last edited by af_1132; 10-04-2014, 02:30 PM.

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                                X