mj213 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
    Thread cleaned up a bit. Hopefully it will stop raining so I can clean the car up a bit, too.
    Forecast bad weather Monday through at least Wednesday, but possibly Friday.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
      Forecast bad weather Monday through at least Wednesday, but possibly Friday.
      Awesome - maybe I'll wait another week or two.

Comment

Due to the shitstorm we've had, my lip has been removed. There was about 8" of snow in the driveway when I left this morning. The rain has washed/melted most of the snow away, but now we've got small rivers crossing the roads out here. It's been raining for around 2 solid days. Wind picked up a few hours ago, making the weather officially nasty.

Comment

Looking good! I like the OEM corner/blackhoused headlight idea!

I was headed the same route but OEM corners were too expensive so I got clears!
          1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
            Looking good! I like the OEM corner/blackhoused headlight idea!

I was headed the same route but OEM corners were too expensive so I got clears!
            Thank you, I really appreciate it!

Since it was in an accident earlier last year, they couldn't replace my amber corner so they replaced it with an OEM corner. Actually, both corners are OEM equivalent corners. Luckily, they replaced the bumper signal with a Stanley because I told them I didn't like the fitment of the aftermarket replacement they installed.

The headlights are those aftermarket projector style headlights, originally meant for halogen bulbs. I'm running HIDs - some day I'll actually get a proper retrofit. I also have an OEM spoiler and a Vigor flushmount style spoiler awaiting installation. I have some BMW projectors, but I figured out they were also for halogen bulbs.

Comment

Glad to see another seattle CB, and, I think I just nutted. That thing is clean as eff. Kudos, for sho

life is good.

Comment

I luve the car man! Straight jealous of the G square bits haha.
                And the H too... Damn I need to keep up lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                  Glad to see another seattle CB, and, I think I just nutted. That thing is clean as eff. Kudos, for sho
                  Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
                    I luve the car man! Straight jealous of the G square bits haha.
                    And the H too... Damn I need to keep up lol.
                    Thanks! Your car looks pretty bad ass - hoping to get a retrofit done soon as well.

By the way the grill is a Blizzgrill. Looks pretty close, and it's good enough for my wallet. Plus, I modified mine so it didn't stick out as far as the G Squares do.

Comment

What did you have to do to make it sit flush?
                      I did notice that haha. There is a G square on ebay im trying to buy...

Comment

I trimmed the edge that meets up with the crossmember between teh grill and the radiator. That, and I trimmed the whole area about 1/8" before I drilled the holes for the screws. When I first got it, the grill suck out almost an inch past the headlights. Now it's about 1/4 - 1/2". IMO it looks better.

Comment

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

Since it was in an accident earlier last year, they couldn't replace my amber corner so they replaced it with an OEM corner. Actually, both corners are OEM equivalent corners. Luckily, they replaced the bumper signal with a Stanley because I told them I didn't like the fitment of the aftermarket replacement they installed.

The headlights are those aftermarket projector style headlights, originally meant for halogen bulbs. I'm running HIDs - some day I'll actually get a proper retrofit. I also have an OEM spoiler and a Vigor flushmount style spoiler awaiting installation. I have some BMW projectors, but I figured out they were also for halogen bulbs.
                          Sweet, I had an OEM wing but I traded it for an arm rest! And GL finding those amber corners!
                          1990 Accord EX

Comment

I trimmed the edge that meets up with the crossmember between teh grill and the radiator. That, and I trimmed the whole area about 1/8" before I drilled the holes for the screws. When I first got it, the grill suck out almost an inch past the headlights. Now it's about 1/4 - 1/2". IMO it looks better.
                            yes man. MUCH cleaner for sure!

Comment

Finally got some of my electrical anomalies worked out. Accord alternators are : Prelude alternators are !

No more random battery light flashing on me. Also found out that Optima batteries, once drained from lights being left on or whatever, do NOT properly recharge off the alternator power. They have to be trickle charged over the course of a few days.

The best thing is, I paid more for the Accord alternator than the cost of the Prelude alternator, so I got the charger for free. Also picked up some new horns and a replacement wagon caliper to fix the stupid leaking seals on one of mine.

Comment

Are the blizz grills still around? or are they discontinued or something

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X