Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 Honda Accord EX stuck in park.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 Honda Accord EX stuck in park.

Before I get into the issue - let me give you a run down of recent probs:

Air conditioner turns on but doesn't blow cold air
    When I use electric lock/unlock button, car starts itself so now I manually lock & unlock.
    Rear brake light is out - had it checked out & replaced, still doesn't work - possibly an electric problem?
    Car shakes when I go about 65pmh+

Now for the real problem - yesterday on my way to a clients house, I noticed my car was driving funny. The sports light kept coming on even though I was driving in D4 (D3 is the sports gear). When I would slow down or come to a complete stop and then restart, it took a lot of effort to get up speed. Upon leaving my clients house, I can't get the car out of park. I can start the car but it's completely stuck in park. I had someone pick me up and take me to work then had the boyfriend pick me up from there and take me to the car. He stuck the key into the shift lock release slat and got it out of park. So now, to drive I have to stick the key into the release, put it in neutral, then start the car. All other gears are fine. It still takes a lot of effort to get up speed and the sports light comes on when the car is at rest.

Any ideas?

Your air conditioning might need to be recharged. I don't know where you live but here where I'm at they charge about $50 or so. And make sure that they check and make sure there's no leaks in any of the lines. The door lock problem is weird as hell. You say when you lock or unlock the car starts? I would have the foggiest bout that. And the brake light, are you talking bout the third brake light? If so, you might wanna check if its even plugged up if you haven't already. The car shaking might be an alignment problem or a possible rotor problem. I had the same thing happen to mines and it was the rotors. And the tranny, I don't know. Could be the TCM or the tranny itself or the main relay or something else. Might wanna get diagnostics ran on the whole whip.

Comment

Originally posted by brandyleighxx
      Before I get into the issue - let me give you a run down of recent probs:

Air conditioner turns on but doesn't blow cold air
      When I use electric lock/unlock button, car starts itself so now I manually lock & unlock.
      Rear brake light is out - had it checked out & replaced, still doesn't work - possibly an electric problem?
      Car shakes when I go about 65pmh+

Now for the real problem - yesterday on my way to a clients house, I noticed my car was driving funny. The sports light kept coming on even though I was driving in D4 (D3 is the sports gear). When I would slow down or come to a complete stop and then restart, it took a lot of effort to get up speed. Upon leaving my clients house, I can't get the car out of park. I can start the car but it's completely stuck in park. I had someone pick me up and take me to work then had the boyfriend pick me up from there and take me to the car. He stuck the key into the shift lock release slat and got it out of park. So now, to drive I have to stick the key into the release, put it in neutral, then start the car. All other gears are fine. It still takes a lot of effort to get up speed and the sports light comes on when the car is at rest.

Any ideas?

Car shakes when I go about 65pmh
      ^
      check your tire pressure....check your rotors, could be warped..and check your tierod ends and balljoints ( upper and lower )

check these:

Tire pressue / might be out of alignment or NOT balanced***
      Tie rod ends ****
      Ball joints ( upper and lower )
      Wheel bearings

The sports light kept coming on even though I was driving in D4 (D3 is the sports gear).
      ^
      Might want to check your TCU and/or shift Solenoids ( on Tranny ) 4 cylinder-like solenoids. ( shaped like Cylinders )

I can't get the car out of park. I can start the car but it's completely stuck in park.
      ^
      that my friend is your shift lever switch...or you may need to adjust it.

It still takes a lot of effort to get up speed and the sports light comes on when the car is at rest.
      ^
      two things....

1) TCU needs replaced
      2) Vehicle Speed Sensor ( VSS ) check that sensor!

NOTE: thats why I DO NOT LIKE AUTOMATICS! ...if you get the chance my friend...do a manual conversion..you will save yourself ALOT of headaches from changing from AUTO to MANUAL!
      Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 08-15-2007, 06:25 PM.
      92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
      My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

As far as the driving issues, the Transmission computer is in limp mode. The reason it takes so much effort to get going is because the transmission is in 3rd/4th gear (if you are shifted to D4). If you manually shift up from 1, you should get either 1st or 2nd out of it too, depending on your problems.

The Park issue is related to Limp mode, because it happened to me as well.
        My problem was the computer itself, It's located behind the carpet on the front passenger side floor, next to the ECU. Your shift solenoids may be sticking instead, which may also cause limp mode.
        MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
        Originally posted by deevergote
        i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

check and see if your brake lights are working- I couldn't get mine out of park once and the fuse that works the brake lights was blown
          MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
          If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

ok, i dont know anything about automatics, but, while i was working deliver a cook had a auto cb7 and he had the problem of the car not starting in Park, then he would move it to neutral and it would start. I had no clue, it didnt make sense to me. He said he took it to his mechanic, and all it was, was a fuse. So i guess check your fuses.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Do you hear a click when you press the brake in park while the car is on?
              wat?

Comment

i had the same problem with getting out of park i just put my key in the shift lock tyhing and put it in neutral it accually fixed itself after a while

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Working...
                X