Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Please Help, In search of a mechanic NYC/NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help, In search of a mechanic NYC/NJ

Once again im trying to find a mechanic familiar with the cbs to help get my wagon running right. Someone i can trust that will let me know what needs to be done and take care of it. Basically let me drop it off to them and they can call me when its all done. My wagon is just sitting in the driveway. Paying insurance and not being used. Please guys, i need your help.
    Or else im gonna have to sell her.

My mechanic is in Union, NJ on route 22. He is the only mechanic who has seen my car for atleast the last decade. The place is called D&M automotive. The owner and Mechanic's name is Dom. He has basically done everything on my car. Him and his team are very good. They easily diagnose any problem and price pretty fair.

Comment

Thanx alot man. Im gonna try to make my way out there by the end of the week. Im gonna give them a call today. Thanx again.

Comment

No Problem man

Comment

are they capable of doing mods and stuff as well ?

Comment

um, maybe. im not really sure

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Boy
              um, maybe. im not really sure
              i have a brother that lives up in new jersey that owns a garage and has done his opwn ods to his h22a4 cb7 i will call him tongiht and pm you his details
              WILL TRADE THIS ACCORD FOR EG Parts Or a d16z6 Head Or Complete Motor www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=69851

Comment

Originally posted by JdmH22Cb7
                i have a brother that lives up in new jersey that owns a garage and has done his opwn ods to his h22a4 cb7 i will call him tongiht and pm you his details
                Oh that would be great. I will be waitin on that pm.

Comment

What seems to be the problem? The solution could be quite simple!

Honestly, I'm not very mechanically-minded, but I've played around and learned a whole lot. Working on cars really isn't that hard. The most difficult thing is getting my oafy hands into the tight spaces! If you have the right tools and a bit of patience, nothing is too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    If you have the right tools and a bit of patience, nothing is too hard.
                    I agree with you 100%. I love DIY. In fact my wife says thats my middle name. Its that i dont really have the time. And its fuggin freeeezing outside.
                    Then again i could wait till the weather breaks.

Comment

If you want to come down to the "bronx" my mechanic is someone who i trust alot. he's the type of mechanic that i drop my car off pic it up 3 days later and pay him 3 weeks later. and he has worked on my old cb7 & my new one. He's going to do my F20B swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Cocky
                        I agree with you 100%. I love DIY. In fact my wife says thats my middle name. Its that i dont really have the time. And its fuggin freeeezing outside.
                        Then again i could wait till the weather breaks.

I hear that! My car is giving me trouble... I've been driving my wife's car for work (and making her drive my POS Volvo beater )

I've given up on professional mechanics. The ones that did my swap quoted me $500, $1000 max... They said they did swaps before, and the H22 into a CB7 is VERY simple (I learned that AFTER I paid for it to be done for me). It took them 2 weeks, and they charged me $1750. The other shop I go to (my stepfather's Chrysler dealership) put thick gear oil into my transmission... I think it did some lasting damage.

Comment

Working...
                        X