No announcement yet.

EXT: OEM 5th Gen side skirts on a 4th gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah that will take care of it. fiberglass and bondo will do the trick that is what I'm going to do when I get some time

Comment

Good DYI maing!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

has anybody tried this? If you have done it post up some pictures so we can see it. I want to see what it looks like on other cars

Comment

Originally posted by 91cord
            11. after everything is cut place the skirt on teh car. You will not be using the 11 clips that you had to slide the 4th gen skirt off.

12.(front wheel well) I then allined the skirt to where I wanted it and then drilled new mounting holes in the skirt (for the 3 screws that are in the front wheel well)

13. I then went to the rear wheel well and drilled a hole and put a self-tapping screw and washer in for more support

14.Then back under the car, put the plactic screws back in.

15.For added support cause the 11 clips were not used I placed 4 self-tapping screws with washers in

16. place wheels back on and snug lug nugs

17 Lower car

18. Touque lug nuts

19Stand back and admire your beautyfull 4th gen

and then do the other side

Sorry if this is a Bad DIY my first one if you have any questions let me know good luck.

eww nasty cancer on that man are u gonna do something about it??

btw that side skirt looks great on your 4th gen a nice hit of 5th gen.

COBALT CB7 2NER
            Last edited by tommi; 11-13-2010, 12:03 AM.
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

yeah you like that cancer yeah I'm taking care of it this winter while the car sits if I can get the motor back in my 240 in time for the snow to fly but yeah it is pretty nasty! but that is the joy of owning cars

and thanks for the comment
              Last edited by 91cord; 10-29-2004, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Awesome!
                I've been wondering if stock skirts would fit... Now all I need to know is if the rear lip will fit properly! (i want a total 5th gen 'bodykit" )

Good job, thanks!

Comment

send me a rear bumper and I will try and put it on LOL no JK
                  Thanks That would look pretty tight a 4th gen with a 5th gen body kit.

Comment

bumping this thread because it is very useful for people who want to retrofit the 5th Gen OEM side skirts onto the CB.
                    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

sick!

Comment

Is there any more pics of the mounting process? I'm a little confused on what is all needed under the car where the original clips would go....

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

you need the body plastic riveting screws, working ones preferrably. you copy the holes from the CB7 skirt and all the location dimensions over onto the cd skirt.

the only things that will be holding up this skirt, using this DIY, is those plastic riveting screws, a pair of mudflaps, and that one screw in the back. lmk if you need more info
                          blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

can you post pics of finished product? like whole car?

Comment

Working...
                            X