EXT: Custom Tinted Lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Custom Tinted Lenses

An easy project if you take your time. This is best suited when you can't get into the housing, or just want to tone down the bling bling of the chrome inside.

Items to get:
    Testor's brand transparent black
    Testor's brand clear gloss coat.

Both of these can be picked up from your local hobbie store like Hobby Lobby. Or you can order direct from www.testors.com. These paints are used in painting models so look in that section. And as such they apply well to plastic.

As with all painting, apply several light coats and let dry 5 min or so between coats. You shouldn't be able to tell the difference between coats. But as they build up, it will get darker. Take your time. I got impatient and had to start all over because of runs. It comes off easy with rubbing alcohol.

Expect to spend a full day if you want a really dark tint.

Apply a few coats of gloss to finish it up.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

does anyone have pictures of what this looks like when its done?
    1992 Honda Accord DX
    Coupe 5spd
    2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
    125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

I have a relevant question for this...I saw that testors has tint spray, so could it be used on windows as well? or is it better to have a professional company do it?
      Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
      Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64
        I have a relevant question for this...I saw that testors has tint spray, so could it be used on windows as well? or is it better to have a professional company do it?
        wait are you asking if you can use tint spray on your windows for tinting? i believe that that would not be a wise idea, but i guess you could try it.

is there any difference between these blackhoused corners and the ones sold on egay?
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
        X